Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 10:01:17 PM EDT
Currently I stock the GHB with just a pair of the brown "jersey" gloves... thinking about exchanging them for something a bit more durable.  Not interested in heavily insulated varieties, just a good tough work glove.  Suggestions....?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I just use the mechanix gloves..
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just use the mechanix gloves..
View Quote

Same here. I did discover the cheaper elastic closure gloves work better for me that the velcro-type close ones,
they seem to pick up stuff or close themselves at awkward moments.

They also seem to have two versions, one where the back of the glove is some material that's tyvek-like almost,
and the other, better one where it's a ribbed woven material.

For GHB I think either is fine. While I tear mine up, it takes more than a few hours use to get to that point.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Amazon Product
  • Thermal Plastic Rubber (TPR) knuckle guard and finger guards protect against impact
  • Dual-layer internal fingertip reinforcement provides added durability.
  • XRD® palm padding absorbs impact and vibration.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be stuck on a particular brand or type, but instead go to your local hardware store, maybe home depot or lowes, and see what they have that you like.

I also would recommend using whichever gloves you choose a bit, be it at the range, or maybe working around the house to make sure they don't have any flaws and will hold up at least to start out with.

I use a ton of different gloves for different purposes.

In my vehicle specific GHB I keep a thin black pair of leather gloves.  These would serve for a variety of tasks.

In my Jeep by my shovel, and axe I keep a pair of Kevlar extrication gloves incase I come across a vehicle emergency or need to assist someone.  I also keep a pair of what you refer to as jersey gloves, just thing cloth things that would be good for changing tire and when I don't want my hands to get dirty say because the wife and I are headed out to dinner etc.

Firewood around the house I might use mechanics style gloves or old fashion leather large cuff work gloves.

Bushcraft around the fire I use an old pair of leather gloves as pot holders and for cooking.

Last ditch run and go BOB I keep an old set of off brand mechanics style gloves that were used on for various outdoor tasks/ job sites for an extended period of time.  They are wore pretty good but still perfectly functional and have some life left.  Reason for that is I want tested stuff when it comes to last ditch no turning back.  

I don't want something with the tags still on it.  If I put something in my Jeep kit or BOB I want it to be tested tried and true.  Same for cloths.  Any pair of pants that is in any of my kits are usually BDU pants that have been worn in regular clothing rotation for several months minimum.

This testing procedure also helps you to know if your gear works for you.  What works for me might not work for john doe.  I can tell you I have used gloves that rip out at the seams in just a couple hours of work around the homestead.  I wouldn't want those in my kit during a disaster situation.

I know having old beat up gloves isn't high speed low drag, but I know my finger worn paint stained whatever brand gloves wont fall apart when I need them.

What I keep in my Jeep kit:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Example of gloves in one of my BOB:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Example of some other worn out gloves...  I cut the fingers off once they wear through and use them for other purposes.  The old fashion leather work gloves are what I use when processing firewood or working around the homestead.  They last much longer then mechanics style gloves when doing harder tasks.  The solid beat leather gloves are my camping/ cooking gloves...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Example of gloves in one of my BOB:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/140266/IMG-20170312-122919-164202.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/140266/IMG-20170312-123002-164205.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/140266/IMG-20170312-123015-164206.JPG

Example of some other worn out gloves...  I cut the fingers off once they wear through and use them for other purposes.  The old fashion leather work gloves are what I use when processing firewood or working around the homestead.  They last much longer then mechanics style gloves when doing harder tasks.  The solid beat leather gloves are my camping/ cooking gloves...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/140266/IMG-20170312-123129-164208.JPG
View Quote

Lots of good info ^^^^^^  Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Outdoor Research makes great stuff.  Pricy...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Just saw this video today! It may give you another option!  EXO Tactical Glove Review
No I do not have any from this manufacture. But the video got me looking!!!

PITA45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top