Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 8:25:16 PM EDT
can someone list some good "tactical" outerwear brands?

my buddy gave me his old ECWS parka from basic training, it fits great if i am only wearing a Tshirt under it otherwise its too small. i would like to get something similar but one size up. but unfortunately i couldnt find that particular parka anywhere.

the only good brands i know of are Crye, Tyr, and OTTE. what else is there?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Arcteryx...Patagonia...underarmor..vertex..
Sides that your looking at all the other brands from surplus stuff to aftermarket or outdoor clothing in drab colors.
How much is Velcro worth to you?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Beyond Clothing or Triple Aught Designs

Both are high priced, but its a buy once, never have to buy again kind of thing.

I picked this jacket up from Beyond and it is an excellent value Beyond A5 Rig Jacket. I also paid full price for their A5 Backcountry Pants, and while its way more than I wanted to spend, the material (Tweave Durastretch) is supposedly impossible to wear out, so theoretically in 10 years they should still be good to go. I wear holes in about two pairs of $40 Levis per year, so I figure they will eventually pay for themselves. Currently on their clearance page they have baselayers, midlayers, and soft shell jackets. I have them all and all a good value.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have picked up a couple things from Duluth Trading.  Seem to be of good quality, although everything is made in China.

Doc
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
The Tru-Spec H2O parkas (ECWCS in different colors) are available at TacticalGear.com
Add a Tru-Spec fleece jacket or a Tru-Spec Cumulus puffer to turn the shell into a 3-in-1 system.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bought some OTTE jackets from them at SHOT a few years ago, nice stuff. Some of the newer Condor jackets are pretty nice also.

For cold weather I really dig the Snugpak Sleeka and Airpack line. Was just skiiing last month in 30 degree weather and was warm and toasty in my Airpack and Sopettes. The Airpack compresses down smaller than a football.
View Quote

I am now on my second Condor jacket. I bought the first one about 8 years ago. I wore the hell out of it, skiiing, hiking, shooting, every day to the office. It was looking kinda ratty about a year and a half ago so I bought a new one. For $89, pretty tough to beat and I've gotten many compliments on how it looks. Hard to beat for the money.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I like plain wool sweaters.

Naturally warm. Can get wet and still retain heat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I use old school TAD gear / triple aught design stealth, spectre and battle hoodies. Top quality outer shells. I use their equilibrium jacket as a base layer. Best gear ever. eBay has them come up often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top