Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 1:49:23 PM EDT
Tiger Valley will be hosting a One day advanced carbine class, February 18th, at its Waco facility. Sorry for the short notice, but we had some cancellation and didn't want the spots to go to waist.  Some topics to be covered are CQB, barricade shooting, moving and stationary targets to 300 yards, shoot from and around vehicles, negotiating Hogan's alley, moving and shooting, 180 drills, high angle shooting to 400 yards.  We are offering two free slots in this class to the first to respond.  
T.J. Pilling
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. Wish I was closer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I should be able to attend if there is a slot left
I am near Corsicana
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
one slot left
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]

send me an e mail with your name
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm too far..

Good for op.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I have attended many classes under MaDuce's instruction. These are great classes. He has one of the best facilities I have ever seen. I would grab the spot but I am in a cast from foot surgery.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Spots are spoken for
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you for your generosity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
From an instructors point of view it was a great class.  A great class to me is a safe class followed by those attending learning something they hadn't seen before.  

We stressed threat scan after each shot relay.  From a prone position that means three scans, once from the prone, once from kneeling and once from standing.  We stressed constant evaluation of the weapon system.  Closing the dust cover is the first step, then checking the weapon and looking for strikes.

We induced stoppages using a half inch wood rod with a sponge zip tied to it.  When the shooter would raise his weapon to fire the sponge would be placed over the ejection port which cause one of the three types of malfunctions.  Doing this the shooter was conditioned to look for problems, not be told they are going to have a malfunction and expect it.  Shooters were told to transition when inside of 50 yards and not behind cover. Outside of 50 yards and with cover, your choice as to clear the rife or stay with pistol.

The hide building was used for shooters to shoot from odd positions, stair ways, window frames, ports, pipes to name a few.  Shooter soon learned the concept of optical off set.

The most fun was shooting the moving targets exposed from the pits.  We shot 12 inch wide movers to 300 yards, both walking and fast walking as well as stop and gas and bobbers.  It also gave those who have never been shot at an idea of what a round sounds like passing buy you.  We didn't have any volunteers willing to demonstrate the sound of a round hitting tissue but.  Just kidding just kidding.....Most shooter used iron sights for their weapon systems, and still made solid hits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top