Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 8:16:51 PM EDT
Always on the lookout for inexpensive yet high quality bottles with good seals.

One of the Dollar stores has an energy drink in twice the size as the $3, 2 oz bottle rip-offs.

They have the same stuff in them and cost $1 for 4 oz, so that's like twice as many E-drinks at half the price.

The cap has a real good quality hermetic closure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
IDK about cheaper than what you found.  But I have picked up a couple of the Nalgene 4 and 8oz wide mouth bottles for alcohol stove fuel and cooking oils.  And like them a lot.

They also come in round or rectangle styles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Always on the lookout for inexpensive yet high quality bottles with good seals.

One of the Dollar stores has an energy drink in twice the size as the $3, 2 oz bottle rip-offs.

They have the same stuff in them and cost $1 for 4 oz, so that's like twice as many E-drinks at half the price.

The cap has a real good quality hermetic closure.
View Quote

Just curious, are you looking for bottles or energy drinks?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just curious, are you looking for bottles or energy drinks?
View Quote

Why are you curious?

I'm curious too...

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IDK about cheaper than what you found.  But I have picked up a couple of the Nalgene 4 and 8oz wide mouth bottles for alcohol stove fuel and cooking oils.  And like them a lot.

They also come in round or rectangle styles.
View Quote

Nalgenes are pretty much top of the line, and we have various ones.

In the past years it seems outdoor places are substituting cheap Chinese bottles and containers for the Nalgene ones.

At similar prices...

I haven't found any four oz bottles with good seals priced per the OP.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why are you curious?

I'm curious too...

View Quote

I was raised with cats and no human interaction until I was 14, so I'm always curious, and it has not killed me yet!

Bill
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was raised with cats and no human interaction until I was 14, so I'm always curious, and it has not killed me yet!

Bill
View Quote

Best not to push your luck...

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Best not to push your luck...

View Quote

Push it just a little bit maybe?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Always on the lookout for inexpensive yet high quality bottles with good seals...
View Quote
4 ounce bottles - 37¢ each (when you buy a case of 48) - HERE.

1 ounce to 32 ounce sizes HERE.  Other types of bottles HERE.  Other types of containers HERE.

NB: I have no experience with these bottles & can not speak to the quality of the seals - just happened to stumble across them while surfing...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Glass?

ETA do I need to bring up that energy drinks maybe harmful to your health?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Never ordered from USPlastic, but have seen posts on other boards from people that have.  Lots of selection.....

USPlastics - PET bottles
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, giving the brand of drink would help people find it easier.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:48:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP, giving the brand of drink would help people find it easier.
View Quote

I'll try to get the info in a day or so...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
ENERGY SHOT X2

Is the name... One of the Dollar Stores has them.

4oz
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's a thought, use the bottles for water tight pill bottles...

Carry salt, pepper, etc. in them with a couple extra lids that are perforated, or modified in some way, so the contents can be dispensed...

Inside the cap is what looks like a blue urethane seal  --suggesting a well made component...

Looked at the bottom of the bottle and found it's made from Triangle 1 plastic.

The name NVE Andover, NJ is included.

Looking up NVE, we find...

Quote---

Feb 8, 2012 @ 01:22 PM 795,686 views  The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets

The Mystery Monk Making Billions With 5-Hour Energy

Clare O'Connor  ,  
Forbes Staff ?  

Women entrepreneurs and workplace equality.  Full Bio ?

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

noj Bhargava. Photo by Eric Eggley.

This story appears in the Feb. 27 edition of Forbes magazine.

In one corner of Manoj Bhargava’s office is a cemetery of sorts. It’s a Formica bookcase, its shelves lined with hundreds of garishly colored screw-top plastic bottles not much taller than shot glasses. Front and center is a Cadillac-red bottle of 5-Hour Energy, the two-ounce caffeine and vitamin elixir that purports to keep you alert without crashing. In eight years 5-Hour has gone from nowhere to $1 billion in retail sales. Truckers swear by it. So do the traders in Oliver Stone’s 2010 sequel to Wall Street. So do hungover ­students. It’s $3 a bottle, and it has made Bhargava a fortune.

His company, Living Essentials, is the biggest player by far in the ­energy-shot market, and not because 5-Hour is so delicious. Chalky cough syrup is more like it. The reason Bhargava has won is that he plays tough. Sitting in that cemetery are a dozen or so neon copycats with names like 6-Hour Power and 8-Hour Energy. Each has been sued, bullied or kicked off the market by Living Essentials’ lawyers. In front of each are little placards with a skull and crossbones drawn in felt-tip pen. Bhargava points at the gravestone of one of his late competitors and says with a chuckle, “Rest in peace.”

The privately held Living Essentials doesn’t report revenue or profits, but a source with knowledge of its financials says the company grossed north of $600 million last year on that $1 billion at retail. The source says the company netted about $300 million. Checkout scan data from research firm SymphonyIRI say that 5-Hour has 90% of the energy-shot market. Its closest competitor, NVE Pharmaceuticals’ Stacker brand, has just over 3%.

Yet Bhargava, 58, is so under the radar that he barely registers on Web searches. His paper trail is thin, consisting primarily of more than 90 lawsuits. This is his first press interview. “I’m killing it right now,” he says, adjusting a black zip-up cardigan from behind the table of a soulless conference room in a beige low-rise building in a suburban business park in Farmington Hills, Mich. “But you’ll Google me and find, like, some lawyer in Singapore.”

Vague and inscrutable is how ­Bhargava likes things. The names of 5-Hour’s parent company, Living Essentials LLC, and that company’s parent firm, Innovation Ventures, are purposely bland. “They were intended as placeholders, and they stuck,” he says, smiling.

Colleagues and acquaintances uniformly describe Bhargava as “humble,” and he seems proud of his frugal lifestyle: his ancient flip phone, his cheap office furniture, the modest two-story home he shares with his wife and 20-year-old son. Yet, over vegetarian lasagna at Antonio’s, his favorite strip-mall Italian joint off Detroit’s Twelve-Mile Road, Bhargava says, apropos of nothing: “I’m probably the wealthiest Indian in America.”

The rise of 5-Hour began in ---MOAR at Forbes...

Googling there's an interesting report from the FDA...

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Never ordered from USPlastic, but have seen posts on other boards from people that have.  Lots of selection.....

USPlastics - PET bottles
View Quote

These bottles seem to have a seal that is arguably as good or better than my favorite brand, Nalgene...
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I just bought this Nalgene bottle set from Amazon.   It's pretty good.

Amazon Product
  • LEFTnotruc(Sturdy and reliable construction,500)
  • Economical design
  • Dishwasher Safe (top rack only) for simple cleaning

Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just bought this Nalgene bottle set from Amazon.   It's pretty good.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0009R3IBC
View Quote

Those are top of the line!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top