Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 2:35:32 PM EDT
Is there a way to tell if a tourniquet is a quality one or a cheap piece of Chinese junk (before having to use it)?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy from quality vendors: Chinook medical, Rescue Essentials and North American Rescue are a few that I trust implicitly. Amazon sells the legit items but they have also sold knockoffs I am told so I would stay away. If you see one listed at an incredibly cheap price I would be wary.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy from quality vendors: Chinook medical, Rescue Essentials and North American Rescue are a few that I trust implicitly. Amazon sells the legit items but they have also sold knockoffs I am told so I would stay away. If you see one listed at an incredibly cheap price I would be wary.

Edited for spelling.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you buy one, just cinch it around your leg until you lose the pulse and you're good regardless of what it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you buy one, just cinch it around your leg until you lose the pulse and you're good regardless of what it is.
View Quote

There are some Chinese knockoffs of the CAT tourniquet out there made for the airsoft crowd that will break before they cut off the blood supply.  Some of them even found their way into military supply lines since the Chinese even copied the NSN numbers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top