Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2016 2:02:59 PM EDT
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago that I was looking for a cart to transport my HEAVY Honda EU3000 around the yard and to other areas. Because I could never move the generator easily, I kind of neglected it and did not use it much, even when I could have. I was tucked out of the way in my shed.

Harbor Freight Large Dolly

I bought one of these with a 20% off coupon from HF.

I added a flat board to the base of the hand truck. I then set the generator on it and then secured it to the hand truck with a bungee cord.

I then added several of these to carry various extension cords:

Cable Cuff

I simply put the extension cords though the cuff, then clip it to the lower cross bar. Long extension cord on one side, a couple of smaller cords on the other side for balance.

I had a couple of these lying around, so I hooked one to the lower cross bar on the hand cart for portable light:

Trouble Light

The set up works great! The hand cart is wide, so the generator does not badly rock back and forth going over uneven ground. It is easy to transport and does not take up much additional space in the shed. I can easily transport the entire set up in my truck.

I also plan on securing a box of some kind to the dolly over the generator for the manual, receipts of work done and usage log.

I found this really works for me, I hope it may work for you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Lack of pics of final results!

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you could add an extended fuel tank with one of the gas cap adapters built in onto that dolly too.  That would make your run time easily go all night.  

Looks like I am going to be copying your project!!!  

Good job
Doc

Something like this.  Will work on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you could add an extended fuel tank with one of the gas cap adapters built in onto that dolly too.  That would make your run time easily go all night.  

Good job
Doc
View Quote

If you do, please let me know how.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I also added a long cable lock to the hand cart with a cable cuff. In case I had to leave it out over night. I can lock the generator and hand cart to a post.

I also took a Weber grill cover to put over it when not in use.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Good job
Doc

http://www.acmetools.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/images/catalog/products/full/HND12-000IS_250x250.jpg

Something like this.  Will work on it.
View Quote

Be careful. It will get really heavy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I also realized that if someone had two EU2000 generators, they could build a "C" shaped bracket to put one over the other with a power connector.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
THIS is what im going to use for my genny/battery setup once i get it going. just another option.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THIS is what im going to use for my genny/battery setup once i get it going. just another option.
View Quote

Running a generator on the cart might not be rigid enough of a platform.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its more than stable enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I think that cart is a great idea!  It provides the ability to move up steps and over minor obstacles.  Everyone else uses 4 wheel carts, which limit your mobility.  The world is NOT flat!

Need Pics on your great setup.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you going to do some kind of roof over it?   Thinking about if you have an ice storm or heavy snowfall.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm talking about the oscillation of the motor.

I could be mistaken, but most generators that are built into mobile carts, have the motor positioned directly over the two rigid legs, and not over the pneumatic tires.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top