Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2016 10:00:19 PM EDT
880ST specifically, anybody wear them?

Another similar Belleville?

Looking for options to replace Matterhorn Rangers. Must be all leather, safety toe, Goretex, no more than 200gm Thinsulate and prefer lace to the toe.

Sizing and such, what do you know ( notice that doesn't say "What do you speculate?" ) ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Issued the 800ST uninsulated.  Very comfortable.  I wear a 14W normally and the Belleville 13W fits.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Issued the 800ST uninsulated.  Very comfortable.  I wear a 14W normally and the Belleville 13W fits.
View Quote

Thanks for the input, do the soles have reasonable traction?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 695. I wear a size smaller than my normal boots. Traction is great and they are the most comfortable boots i have ever owned.  Im a mechanic and they are going on 4+ years of hard use.  even the laces are original. The gortex lining isnt waterproof anymore, but i can live with that. these boots get abused.  It is the only brand i have found that the soles will stay on and not delaminate.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Not familiar with that model, but Bellevilles tend to be well-built, but heavy. (I find them somewhat narrow, too.)
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks I ordered a pair, we'll see.

The 10" Ranger boot, has been moved to the Corcoran line and the CV3494 that I am wearing are nowhere near the quality of the Matterhorn Ranger (presumably same boot but one is black top grain and the other tan flesh out), to say nothing of the price almost doubling, so I'll try the Bellevilles. I'm a little concerned about the soles having adequate traction but we'll find out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not familiar with that model, but Bellevilles tend to be well-built, but heavy. (I find them somewhat narrow, too.)
View Quote

I've got /had the goretex 790?and the same but tan.

The soles do ok. Not something for super muddy environments. But still work.

Mine aren't narrow but are wide in the arch more so than the toe box.

Only failure I've seen is a pair I got that was a 1/2 size to small on me that I gave to a buddy. Had his feet warming by a fire for to long and the sole delaminated from the foam foot bed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I know the Belleville 390 desert are the only boot I wear in uniform. I can't speak to that particular model but the manufacturer I trust absolutely.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I had my first pair delaminate from a campfire accident too.I would still be wearing them otherwise. The new ones are all molded together and this wont happen anymore.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a pair but much prefer my Danner Acadia boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top