User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
and so it begins

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
We have 3-4 inches here east of C'ville.  And it's coming down sideways.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
saying we have close to 12" now..

<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/user/die-tryin/media/20160122_161003.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/20160122_161003.jpg</a>
View Quote

must be a male weatherman making that report...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
saying we have close to 12" now..

<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/user/die-tryin/media/20160122_161003.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/die-tryin/20160122_161003.jpg</a>
View Quote

Maybe 12 cm.  But that would be generous.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This sounded impressive to me.....

ETA: and yeah, anyone north of Austin is basically a Yankee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find the lack of photos..... disturbing.....

All of us Yankees are not impressed yet to take photos.   Yet!

Quoted:
HERE IT COMES !!..Skys just opened up and its pouring snow...

SE WV region, on VA border

This sounded impressive to me.....

ETA: and yeah, anyone north of Austin is basically a Yankee.

Got to agree with that.   Note:  My family was not in America till well after the War of Northern Aggression was way over.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hey! Glad to see you are still around. Stay safe!

Not expecting too much snow in NEPA now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
outside Philly - hope this one doesn't dump too much.

Wife will be home dealing with it alone (most likely) and I have a flight from Newark that I'm hoping is actually leaving...

She's all setup for the storm but I'd rather her not need to deal with it

turns out I'm staying home for this

snowing slightly in SEPA - I still need to make a beer run
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
We're at 10" in WNC with
more predicted for tonight.

This is how I like to play in
the snow.

Be safe!

John
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife will be home dealing with it alone (most likely) and I have a flight from Newark that I'm hoping is actually leaving...

+1 to the beer!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Not much happening north of Baltimore.  We have about 1" or 1 1/2".  The snow is very fine.  It's coming down steadily, but easy to see through it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm hoping we are done with it here in KY.  I got some spots where it is 18" and others where I can see grass...the wind did strange things...
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1 to the beer!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 to the beer!  

beer run was completed with a trip to the state store for some liquor as well - roads weren't bad at all but I put my snow tires on this week so it's like cheating... everyone else was sliding around a little bit.

it's not too bad so far - starting to pick up here - thankfully the wind hasn't gotten bad
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#13]
7:30 update

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still twiddling my thumbs up in NEPA; not even a flake on the ground.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

you can have my 20-22" i woke up to.. some snow is fine but knee deep isnt much fun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

you can have my 20-22" i woke up to.. some snow is fine but knee deep isnt much fun.
View Quote

I like breaking out the snowshoes when the snow gets that deep. Last winter we had about three feet in the woods and it was enough to compact all the underbrush and mountain laurel down. I could go places and see things on snowshoes that I couldn't during bare ground.

No snow here yet and they're predicting a nuisance snow of 3-6 inches.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

0900 in SEPA

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nice

Make that into a GIF with a slow fade from the first pic.
View All Quotes
i aint got time for that LULZ

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#24]

I'm pretty close to you I think (Plymouth Meeting). I have about a foot out front.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You're housebound, beyotch... you got nothin' BUT time!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

i aint got time for that LULZ  

You're housebound, beyotch... you got nothin' BUT time!  

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Only got a dusting here near Athens, GA.

Actually got tired of the perpetual flat tire on the generator and fixed it last night.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been listening to the talk about all the I75 drivers who were stranded. Lots of interviews about how they were stuck in their cars with no food or water.  One lady said her diabetic father had to eat the snack of a state trooper to keep his blood sugar up.  I kept thinking Holy crap are these idiots unprepared.  It's not like this came out of nowhere they had days to plan and put some granola bars in the car for dad.  What the heck is wrong with these people? And they are the first to complain when  a TV camera gets pointed at them.  We've got enough food and water to last days in our cars (among other supplies) .  It was neither complicated nor expensive.  All it took was a little vision like the world's cheapest one time payment insurance policy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Reporting in from Pottstown, PA...we are getting hammered.  News is projecting 30"...my 6 YO daughter is having fun, but I'm not having as much fun as she is...seems everyone in my neighborhood has a snow blower but us.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You should have seen the Katrina refugees.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been listening to the talk about all the I75 drivers who were stranded. Lots of interviews about how they were stuck in their cars with no food or water.  One lady said her diabetic father had to eat the snack of a state trooper to keep his blood sugar up.  I kept thinking Holy crap are these idiots unprepared.  It's not like this came out of nowhere they had days to plan and put some granola bars in the car for dad.  What the heck is wrong with these people? And they are the first to complain when  a TV camera gets pointed at them.  We've got enough food and water to last days in our cars (among other supplies) .  It was neither complicated nor expensive.  All it took was a little vision like the world's cheapest one time payment insurance policy.

You should have seen the Katrina refugees.  

I still shiver thinking of dealing with the relocated refugees here. And they STILL play the Katrina card.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bingo.

Get used to it DT, your gonna get snow like that all the time down there, even when no one else does...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's your official "Welcome to WV" snow.

That's also why there's a ski resort near you.

Bingo.

Get used to it DT, your gonna get snow like that all the time down there, even when no one else does...

LoL..yea, im good. I was just hoping I wouldnt lose power, that was my main concern, but even if I did, ive got backups and backups, so im good. Dogs are having a blast out in it.

I dont mind it, I was actually getting a lil warm out there messing with the dogs, brushing off truck, etc, had to take a layer off.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Washington County PA here.  9 inches at my house.  Storm is over.

I snowblowed my 200 foot gravel driveway( busted a shear pin), sidewalks, mailbox, Used my back up single stage on my Korean War Veteran neighbors 150 foot driveway(paved) and I did around the fire hydrant. Talked to some neighbors too. all said I was outside right around 3-4 hours

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Started snowing here about an hour ago and it's nearing white out conditions at times. They've upped the total to 5-8" so it's certainly not as bad as a lot of you.

This will be Mina's first big snow storm and we're looking forward to her antics. She is pretty much fearless so she should have a blast once the initial wtf goes away.

10wks old tomorrow Dutch Shepherd
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Just started snowing again, big ole fat snow flakes...lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Lucky you. I won't even be able to justify putting the old K5 in four wheel drive.

But in all seriousness, I hope that those in the affected areas are safe, dry, and warm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Cumberland county here.
24" on the ground and it's still coming down, projected to possibly hit 36" total before its over.
Some snow is alright, but this just sucks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Donner Party 2.0
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Actually got tired of the perpetual flat tire on the generator and fixed it last night.
View Quote

I have one of those on my wood splitter.  I have it blocked up but I think its to cold to successfully re-seat the bead.  I already re-mounted it once after not finding any holes.  I think fix-a-flat or slime is next.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have one of those on my wood splitter.  I have it blocked up but I think its to cold to successfully re-seat the bead.  I already re-mounted it once after not finding any holes.  I think fix-a-flat or slime is next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I took the whole wheel off and submerged it in the kitchen sink and found a hole in the tread. I then half way removed the tire from the wheel and patched it from the inside.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#44]
we picked up the new generator wed night. i had it together and running in a hour... i really like it, i think i might buy myself one soon.   i was hoping for 12" or so of snow, to make some extra $$ plowing driveways... but we only got around 4-6"... i checked some neighbors but only 2 were interested as the didnt have much snow.. i made $55.00 though for two driveways.  also got some practice with the new tractor..

everything was icy yesterday, but was already melting today. we usually have 6' of snow when it snows, and thats usually gone in 3 days.  lots of winter left though, i expect we will get at least one good snow before spring. ill take my snow plow money and buy a bush hog, or other implement wit the money.

my little kubota, it has 3, pto shafts... if we got deep snow every winter, i would DEFINATELY buy myself a snow blower for it, to mount on the front. id be GTG then, and able to score some really good snow plow money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Cumberland county here.
24" on the ground and it's still coming down, projected to possibly hit 36" total before its over.
Some snow is alright, but this just sucks.
View Quote

This thread is worthless w/o pics.  

It's 40* here in Western CO.  Only remnants of snow on the ground.  Luckily only 30 minutes away is all the snow one could desire on an 11,000' mesa.  Just once I'd like to have it snow 24" in one storm.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#46]
The amount of snow here in NoVA is sucking balls right now.  Up to (my eyeball guess) well over 24 in.  Walked the dog (large Golden) abt an hour ago and it was up to my knees, and a real struggle for her.

The contractors seem to have given up on plowing Subdivision roads, but once you get to the County maintained side streets, they're very passable.  Just can't get to them by car/SUV right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Walked out to the main county road, was just packed snow, no ice..already seeing more cars and trucks out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Glad to hear you found the road
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walked out to the main county road, was just packed snow, no ice..already seeing more cars and trucks out.

Glad to hear you found the road

Oh I found it,,the big snow plow drifts didnt thrill the dogs though. I knew what was coming and it was funny watching dog sink and high center on their stomachs, they werent amused..
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top