Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 5:03:50 PM EDT
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1239/category/198/

$7.99 Seems like a good deal if you order a few after shipping.  Was $8.50 for shipping the 9 I ordered.

D&H 5.56 30RD ALUMINUM MAGAZINE
Back in stock at Palmetto State Armory $7.99
Shows to have Magpul follower.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Great mags and a good deal
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought some of those D&H mags one time  . They failed to work both in Colt and Bushmaster AR's .
Your results might differ .
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
DSG Arms has P-Mag 10 packs for $79.95.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought some of those D&H mags one time  . They failed to work both in Colt and Bushmaster AR's .

View Quote

We're they the current mags with magpul followers?

I've had to problem with mine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
They have them for $6.99 a couple of times a year.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
why would someone want an aluminum pmag?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1239/category/198/

$7.99 Seems like a good deal if you order a few after shipping.  Was $8.50 for shipping the 9 I ordered.

D&H 5.56 30RD ALUMINUM MAGAZINE
Back in stock at Palmetto State Armory $7.99
Shows to have Magpul follower.
View Quote

i love these..... its all i buy anymore.....  i like the black teflon best.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't remember. It was about 8 years ago .
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I stopped using metal mags and went exclusively PMAG.

This was after a bent mag lip caused a double feed while training. Looked fine, but the gauge tells all.

If a PMAG isn't visually broke, its should be GTG.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talking about? You know that Pmags didn't come first right? Did you know the external dimensions of these are smaller than Pmags?

OP D&H mags have worked great for me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a couple of the D&H mags and they are fine.  For metal mags I like the Brownell's best I think.

I like to have a mix of polymer and aluminum mags because I know the aluminum mag will stay the same for decades if not damaged in some way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had mostly good luck with D&H, but did have some bad ones. I've had them with D&H floorplates, DSG floorplates and with PSA floorplates. All the PSA-floorplate ones and a few of the D&H-floorplate ones had issues. Just WAY too difficult to seat, almost (but not quite) like the original Elanders were if anyone remembers those. All the DSG-floorplate ones and most of the D&H-floorplate ones were fine, but I lost trust after a while and sold them to guy who loves D&H. (And yes, I told him about the issues in my guns.)

May very well be that it was just a bad batch turned out during the panic times. I can't say for sure since I didn't keep records of which mags were bought when and from where. Most people have had great luck with D&H, and most of the ones I had were fine; but there were enough problematic ones out of my D&H's that I simply lost trust, and I'm at the point now where my comfort zone is simply more important to me than my sense of adventure.

Any more, I've pretty much settled on Okay/NHMTG, Pmag, and Lancers. Have only had a couple "tight" Lancers in the 2-3 years I've been using them, have only had a couple problematic Pmags (all M3's) in the 6-8 years I've been using Pmags, and have never had a problem that wasn't due to observable, physical damage in more than 30 years of using Okay/NHMTG/Colt magazines.

But again - most people have fine results with D&H. I may have just gotten some bad rush-productions ones or something.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#14]
D&h g2g op
Have had great luck with them for years. Pmags , okay and colt also.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DSG Arms has P-Mag 10 packs for $79.95.
View Quote

Link?  I see them for $99 and out of stock.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#16]
That sale appears to be over. I was going to grab some at that price but hesitated. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.
$5.99 Black Friday last year.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:07:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I had my brother pick some up for me for when I move out of NY. My past experiences with them were good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:45:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#20]
i felt bad about not buying anything over the labor day, and i ordered 12 d&h black teflon mags.. $7.99 each.... thats my gun purchase for this month.. lol
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Every time that I've tried them, I've had problems (would not seat or drop free when ejected).  I will not use them again.  Metal mags that I currently use are Okays, Brownells, Centers and I have a few old Colts.  I prefer P-Mags.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:...(would not seat or drop free when ejected)...
View Quote

Same problems some of mine had. Some were fine, some were unusable; so I got away from the brand and now pretty much stick with Okay/NHMTG and Pmag.

For that matter, I've also come to really like the Gen-3 Elanders. There were problems with the early ones in 2012 or so, but the ten or so Gen-3 ones I have, have functioned perfectly in all of my guns. Not real keen on their slick finish or their weight (especially when loaded with 208-220 grain blackout loads; oy), but functionally, these few have actually all functioned as smoothly & perfectly as my Okay's...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top