Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2015 10:47:31 AM EDT
Just got the Primary Arms email:

The Magpul Glock 17 full size mags are on sale for $11.99.

I grabbed 5 just to have them. So far the reviews have seemed positive overall on thier reliability.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Handgun_Magazines_s/7558.htm

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
My buddy is trying some out. I want to see how they do for him first.

However, I have found the Glock factory mags to be outstanding with nary an issue. When I find performance on that level I tend to stick with it even if they are $30. Or I will buy good used ones for $15.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
So, how well do they work?

$12 for a mag that doesnt work is no bargain.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Guys over in the Glock forum are reporting great results outside of the initial fiasco that Magpul promptly fixed.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Not such a great deal when you factor in shipping unless you're already placing a large order.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Friend of mine has 3 and says they have been flawless. I'm waiting on the G19 version to release soon but at this price I might pick up a few. Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
i have 15 already, they have worked fine in all my glocks. 17/19s
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#8]
now out of stock

hope some of ya'll got luck great deal!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.guns.com/2015/04/16/magpul-glock-mag-update-we-screwed-up/

Buy mags that work for just a few bucks more:

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?SID=n6a7r8h2ccqeib3f512j4ijm74&brand=361

I remember all the arfcom C-products fan boys that bought stacks and cases of mags without actually testing them.  Ask me what this thread smells like.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the difference between a glock  17 and a 19? Do the mags  interchange?
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What is the difference between a glock  17 and a 19? Do the mags  interchange?
View Quote
Number of rounds.  A 17 mag will fit in a 19, but not the other way around.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?SID=n6a7r8h2ccqeib3f512j4ijm74&brand=361

I remember all the arfcom C-products fan boys that bought stacks and cases of mags without actually testing them.  Ask me what this thread smells like.....
View Quote

17 rounders out of stock...

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been buying factory mags for years . I bought 2 of these to try . I do not see how they can improve a magazine that is pretty much 100% reliable . You can get factory mags new for $21 for time to time
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the two I bought. The only downside for me, is that you can't add an extension like on the factory magazines. I can get them from a local place for $12/ea. all day long also.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine have been flawless. I'll be buying these instead of factory mags for now
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Aimsurplus has them for $13.15 w/free shipping.

I have been using one every weekend for the past few months and havent had any issues. Not a big sample size but enough to convince me to buy a couple more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I would but the korean mags are a dollar cheaper, and work fine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Lightly used factory mags sell here for $12-15 normally. I stock up on those.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would but the korean mags are a dollar cheaper, and work fine.
View Quote

I bought  some of the originals and they worked like crap until I smoothed out the burrs on the inside.  Did they fix them?  I used them for range mags until I sold all of them for what I had into them.

I bought 7 p-mags to try out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish you would have said "Magpul" in your thread title.  Although I am a huge AR15 Magpul fan, these Glock mags aren't metal lined, not sure why anyone would switch to them from the factory mags.

Of course I really didn't get why anyone bought those Korean mags either.................................
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wish you would have said "Magpul" in your thread title.  Although I am a huge AR15 Magpul fan, these Glock mags aren't metal lined, not sure why anyone would switch to them from the factory mags.

Of course I really didn't get why anyone bought those Korean mags either.................................
View Quote

Magpul PMags aren't metal-lined.  Are you really sure why anyone would switch to them from the factory mags?

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Definitely not metal lined. People buy them because magpul.

Which I like the magpul ar mags, though I think GI mags with good followers are fine too. But for glocks as I stated earlier I will just stick to factory mags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Guys over in the Glock forum are reporting great results outside of the initial fiasco that Magpul promptly fixed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know you are getting the fixed mags or the older ones with the issue?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How do you know you are getting the fixed mags or the older ones with the issue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe they recalled every single one of the older mags and sent out new replacement bodies. I got 2 bodies promptly shipped to me from my initial test order of a pair.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not such a great deal when you factor in shipping unless you're already placing a large order.
View Quote

If you choose "more carriers" on their checkout page you often will find cheaper shipping options. It's a quirk of their web site. Initially a recent order came up with 15$ to ship a stripped upper to me, I hit the more carriers option and got it down to 7$ FYI
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check the date stamp on the side of the mags. Anything 5/15 or later should be GTG. If you get/have one older than that, Magpul will replace the body for you, just switch the spring and follower from the old body into the new one.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what we need to know. From someone who ACTUALLY SHOOTS A LOT, as in 3-5K rounds of pistol a year, not the typical 100 rounds a year type.

Someone who shoots that much has a much better insight on how things like this really hold up.

The Korean KCI glock mags worked great EARLY ON, yet as I got hundreds of rounds through each mag, some started going to crap. You'd never know this if you didn't use/abuse them ahead of time. I sent back about 50 of them but had another 50 that stay in the "training bag" as some will jam regularly. Great for training, not for real deal load outs.

I don't think I've seen a single Glock brand mag fail yet
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In stock when I checked that day.  In stock when I check now.  $19.99
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I put 500 rounds through one. It works great. A little dirty now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Seriously. ....CDNN has factory for $20. I will stick with those.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's what we need to know. From someone who ACTUALLY SHOOTS A LOT, as in 3-5K rounds of pistol a year, not the typical 100 rounds a year type.

Someone who shoots that much has a much better insight on how things like this really hold up.

The Korean KCI glock mags worked great EARLY ON, yet as I got hundreds of rounds through each mag, some started going to crap. You'd never know this if you didn't use/abuse them ahead of time. I sent back about 50 of them but had another 50 that stay in the "training bag" as some will jam regularly. Great for training, not for real deal load outs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of my factory 19 magazines that's finally failing to lock the slide back.  It's about 10 years old.  

Magazines are consumables.  They all fail at some point.  I prefer the factory mags, but so far my Glock Magpul mags have worked fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have one of my factory 19 magazines that's finally failing to lock the slide back.  It's about 10 years old.  

Magazines are consumables.  They all fail at some point.  I prefer the factory mags, but so far my Glock Magpul mags have worked fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, those go in the training/range bag. They help you work malfunction drills, etc. Once they totally go to crap, then pull what you can from them, paint them red and use them for dry manipulation drills, weapons takeway practice, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I've got about 18 factory Glock magazines but recently decided to get some dedicated range mags.  I bought a few Magpuls from Aim for $15 shipped.  I was considering the Korean ones, which you can get for under $10,  but there were just too many bad reviews.  Just not worth it to save a few bucks.  I figure $15 for a new Magpul Glock magazine is about what you'd pay for a used or police trade-in factory mag.  For a range mag that'll be reliable and last a long time, I'm fine with that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. Follower jammed halfway through the second or third time I used it. Brand new mag, brand new gun. I finally fixed it a few years later, and it worked the few times I used it after. It was just a range toy, so I wasn't too bothered by it, but it serves as a good reminder to check your gear no matter how "perfect" it claims to be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep.

Reason 774 why we should be training regularly now. To KNOW your gear works correctly, not just assume cause it's new, unused and has sat in the closet for years.

The guy that scares me the most at a training class is the guy that has all the new shiny gear and rifle. 90% of the time he's the one that will commit the safety violation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top