Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 4:12:59 PM EDT
Just got my ARFCOM newsletter, inside is a coupon code for 50% off the propane engine snorkels!

Coupon code is AR15Snorkel

motorsnorkel.com

Mods, feel free to delete the coupon code if folks should read the newsletter!

Edit for: *Offer valid this weekend only

- expires Sunday, 8/30 at 11:59 pst
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post.  We will monitor this thread for customer support as well as the original thread mentioned in the email.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This has been on my list for a while. Order placed!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the post.  We will monitor this thread for customer support as well as the original thread mentioned in the email.
View Quote

Uh....while you're here...

Is an Impco 425 still the largest carb available for pre-emission auto/truck use?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just ordered mine.  Been wanting one for a while now and this is a no brainer, great price with the coupon. Looks easy to install too.
Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
In, I hit the other thread after the previous sale was over. I'm heading over to re read the thread and place an order!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
In the other thread I read that there are issues running gasoline with it installed....Ends up too rich? anybody with experience care to comment?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine runs great on gas still. Fantastic unit. I hate all of you that buy one now for HALF of what I paid! You jokers are getting a STEAL.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine now runs stupid rich on gas. Haven't lookedinto it yet. Runs great on propane.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I just need to look up my model info so I can place my order today.

I have another generator we picked up from walmart several years ago when camping for some emergency power (inverter fail), but it doesn't run (probably gummed up).  I may order one for it too and see if I can get it running again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quick question though, wouldn't it be super easy to swap back to stock if you did need to run gas and happened to be one that was having issues with it running rich?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#13]
On US Carb's website, they have the "snorkel only" or the "full conversion kit".  Is the 50% off for the "full conversion kit"?  I have a Yamaha EF2000i and I'm very interested, especially for use with my trailer (less gas I have to carry)
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

On US Carb's website, they have the "snorkel only" or the "full conversion kit".  Is the 50% off for the "full conversion kit"?  I have a Yamaha EF2000i and I'm very interested, especially for use with my trailer (less gas I have to carry)

View Quote
Full kit is the deal.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quick question though, wouldn't it be super easy to swap back to stock if you did need to run gas and happened to be one that was having issues with it running rich?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Yeah, take less than 5 minutes.

For full disclosure, they didn't have a kit ready to go for my engine, but used carb stud measurements to find one that would fit. I'm sure its something simple like a small port being covered I need to open up, just haven't had time to dig into it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I jumped on this to convert one of my generators. I'd been thinking about it for some time and the deal ... sealed the deal.

Stupid propane muggle question: I know the kit has a demand regulator, but what kind of hose/regulator/fitting setup do I need to connect this thing to a typical 20lb propane cylinder like you'd use on a grill? I vaguely remember that those are higher pressure and you need to step it down prior to the demand regulator.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I jumped on this to convert one of my generators. I'd been thinking about it for some time and the deal ... sealed the deal.

Stupid propane muggle question: I know the kit has a demand regulator, but what kind of hose/regulator/fitting setup do I need to connect this thing to a typical 20lb propane cylinder like you'd use on a grill? I vaguely remember that those are higher pressure and you need to step it down prior to the demand regulator.
View Quote
They have a kit just for that. It has a small reg and the proper fittings to run off of a 20 pounder (or 30, or 100, etc.)

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link to other thread?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Link to other thread?
View Quote

Its in this forum, on page 1 a few threads away from this one.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/680532_.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

i cross posted your deal over to the ar15.com FB page as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i cross posted your deal over to the ar15.com FB page as well.

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to other thread?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm impressed,  got a shipping confirmation less than an hour after I placed my order. Should be here Monday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm impressed,  got a shipping confirmation less than an hour after I placed my order. Should be here Monday.
View Quote

We are not messing around!   Thanks for your order.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I wanted to let everyone know that there are  couple of Honda generators that were having trouble accepting the code.  I have found and resolved the problem so you should be good to go now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Any thoughts on my Genny running stupid rich on gasoline with the kit before I tear into it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for running the sale again, US Carb.  I missed out on the April deal due to lack
of funds at that time, got my order placed this morning.  I'm going to leave my EU2000i
Honda unmolested, but will modify my Champion 3500w for Nat Gas.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I got my kit on Monday (very fast shipping) and installed it yesterday on a Champion 2000W inverter refurb. The rubber "gasket" that connects the airbox hose to the carb inlet on mine is an integral part of the hose, so the snorkel gasket is kind of doubled up with it, but it seems to run fine on propane. Haven't tested it back on gasoline yet.

Ran it for 20 minutes or so off a 20lb tank. No issues once I got the mixture screw on top of the demand regulator to a proper setting. I adjusted it by putting a (nominal) 1500W fan heater load on it, which is about as much sustained load as this generator can handle. I don't have a tach so I plugged a multi-meter into the other outlet and loosened the screw slowly until the engine noise and voltage output stabilized (at 118V), then opened it about another 1/4 turn just for insurance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm always too late to these sales.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#30]

+1

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 2:32:32 AM EDT
[#31]
is the deal over?

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, I IM'd the owner, but never heard back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got my kit on Monday (very fast shipping) and installed it yesterday on a Champion 2000W inverter refurb. The rubber "gasket" that connects the airbox hose to the carb inlet on mine is an integral part of the hose, so the snorkel gasket is kind of doubled up with it, but it seems to run fine on propane. Haven't tested it back on gasoline yet.

Ran it for 20 minutes or so off a 20lb tank. No issues once I got the mixture screw on top of the demand regulator to a proper setting. I adjusted it by putting a (nominal) 1500W fan heater load on it, which is about as much sustained load as this generator can handle. I don't have a tach so I plugged a multi-meter into the other outlet and loosened the screw slowly until the engine noise and voltage output stabilized (at 118V), then opened it about another 1/4 turn just for insurance.
View Quote

Hey DB1, I bought a trifuel kit from USCarb for my Champion Inverter genny about 3 years ago. I think I did a howto thread somewheres on here with pics. I did the "drilled carb" option (you send in your carb and they drill it and install a brass tube permanently for the gas injection). I am using nat gas. I pretty much did the same method as you for tuning. Put a 1500 watt load on it, found tach peak and locked the screw down. I found that there was only 1/4 turn between too lean and too rich, so I wound up in the middle of those for max rpm. I installed this tach/hours meter when I did the install. Just drill a small hole in the genny case for the sensor wire to get to the spark plug. It comes in handy and pretty cheap.

My only issue is when the engine is put on "economy" idle with no load, it "hunts" for a stable rpm. Not a big deal, as I prolly will run on economy very little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top