Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2015 2:32:45 PM EDT
don't throw out the high seat, straight back chair, and walking staff... just got back from the surgery center for a umbilical hernia repair.... getting up from a low reclining chair is a bitch...the waking staff helps a lot to use arm strength and not bend too much... getting old is not for pussies...
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It dang sure ain't. Good luck op.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
A young Nurse.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
hey,,if the Doc says no lifting or 2 weeks he/she means a month..

trust me..
Chef
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Chef... thanks...just glad to have it done.... I guess I won't send in my money for the 220 rd shotgun match in two weeks...  Shannon is secretly trying to kill us old farts off anyway...
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
don't throw out the high seat, straight back chair, and walking staff... just got back from the surgery center for a umbilical hernia repair.... getting up from a low reclining chair is a bitch...the waking staff helps a lot to use arm strength and not bend too much... getting old is not for pussies...
View Quote

You said a mouthful there! Hang in there brother.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, I'am facing the same operation! Did not know I was allergic to ACE inhibitors. Caused a cough like lung cancer!!! After 6 months of that I realized i busted a gut from coughing so hard. I,ve had hernia for 6yrs. now getting larger. Need to have done also. Saw surgery on youtube, now putting it off. I can handle pain like a pro...put I guess I'am a Big Pussy when it comes to going under the knife....

Cheers, straight-BoyScout4Life....
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
BOYSCOUT.... I have a good surgeon that has done a couple of colonoscopies for me ( colorectal and general surgery)... only problem so far is the sore throat from the general anesthesia, and have been sleeping sitting in a chair for the last couple of nights...am off the hydrocodone
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]
recovery followup... the belt I use with my nylon shorts caused irritation to the incision, and the suspenders with the large teeth alligator clamps did not work well with the thin nylon, and caused damage...I rolled some split rings to the belt loops, and the clips work well attached to the rings...the staff has been invaluable to allow arm strength to aid in standing... hydrocodone causes constipation, something to avoid with abdominal surgery, and a teaspoon of MiraLax in the morning coffee works wonders...
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

recovery followup... the belt I use with my nylon shorts caused irritation to the incision, and the suspenders with the large teeth alligator clamps did not work well with the thin nylon, and caused damage...I rolled some split rings to the belt loops, and the clips work well attached to the rings...the staff has been invaluable to allow arm strength to aid in standing... hydrocodone causes constipation, something to avoid with abdominal surgery, and a teaspoon of MiraLax in the morning coffee works wonders...
View Quote
Old guy strength.  Miralax and coffee...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top