Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 9:15:32 AM EDT
Nice speed, very accurate shooting and overal kept his cool. Carabinero (cop) from Chile. Shooting in such a crowded place though... nope, too risky and its a miracle no one innocent got shot. Better to let the criminal go than risk shooting innoncent people like that IMO. To you guys in LE in America, how would your PD react if you did this in U.S.?

FerFAL
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It looked like the motorcycle chase between lanes of moving traffic was the most dangerous part.  Speaking from experience, shooting right-handed from a motorcycle is pretty iffy since the throttle is also operated with the right hand on most bikes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
shooting right-handed from a motorcycle is pretty iffy since the throttle is also operated with the right hand on most bikes.
View Quote

Looks like he was off the bike and on foot when the shooting started...

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
more arterial gushing....with the bow hunt awesome shot thread and this...it's a good week
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone want to take a stab at a translation?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me or do the report for the shots sound off??? Is that due to the microphone on the GoPro?  It sounds almost suppressed, but i don't see one on the pistol.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It looked like the motorcycle chase between lanes of moving traffic was the most dangerous part.  Speaking from experience, shooting right-handed from a motorcycle is pretty iffy since the throttle is also operated with the right hand on most bikes.
View Quote

Looks like he was already off his bike. Surprised no one was hit though, hell of a shot.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm assuming that that was some kind of armed robbery, probably car jacker....

Gonna let him go to do it agan???

Be curious as to the story.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Way to get the job done. Nice riding. Great shooting. Hard charging stud right there. Perfect example of controlling yourself in a high stress situation and not letting the situation control you.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What was the first officer doing with his pistol holstered?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone want to take a stab at a translation?
View Quote

First thing he says is get out mtherfker.  then he talks into the mic about intercepting the suspect and having to shoot him. They were clearly looking for the guy and the guy on the bike just catches up with him at the police check point. The other officer probably wasn't so sure but bike guy was.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
ETA - I'm wrong - some of the shots were fired down the freeway....

(Last shots) If you freeze frame the video, all the shots were fired in a clear direction with nothing but dirt 'beyond' the target.

Great shooting bro!....
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Darn good shooting.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably car jacking.  Bad guy had a motorcycle helmet on.  Isnt it a common practice down there for two guy to pull up in a motorcycle and one guy jump off to jack the car while the other guy speeds away on the bike.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Reminded me (sorta) of this one

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/motorcycle-thief-shot-video-brazil_n_4097709.html

Action starts around 30 sec mark in video
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#17]
BOOM!!!! Head shot?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#18]
He leakin

ETA: I assume the fatal shot was one that he pulled off while in the full run? That is very, very impressive.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He leakin

ETA: I assume the fatal shot was one that he pulled off while in the full run? That is very, very impressive.
View Quote

I was wondering which one did it myself. First shot was point blank right before the van took off.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Motorcycle Cop is a bad ass. Good shooting, controlled and all while doing a lethal weapon run down on foot....

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#21]
As far as the reaction in the US? Sadly it depends on the color of the cop and perp. I say this seriously. I don't consider myself racist or this to be a racists reply, just factual from recent happenings in this country...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Probably car jacking.  Bad guy had a motorcycle helmet on.  Isnt it a common practice down there for two guy to pull up in a motorcycle and one guy jump off to jack the car while the other guy speeds away on the bike.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I initially thought it was a motorcycle helmet but it looks like just his gray hair.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a hard choice to have to make but the driver was just as much a threat to innocents
down the road while he was running.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was wondering which one did it myself. First shot was point blank right before the van took off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He leakin

Yeah. I think he got off two rounds point blank at 0:16

The others? Who knows if they were hits or the dude just leaked out from the first two.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The others? Who knows if they were hits or the dude just leaked out from the first two.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He leakin

Kinda what I'm thinking.  Interesting that the cops do not carry cocked and locked.  Looked like he racked the slide after dismounting from the bike.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is it just me or do the report for the shots sound off??? Is that due to the microphone on the GoPro?  It sounds almost suppressed, but i don't see one on the pistol.
View Quote

gunshot washes out the mic for a split second. all you end up hearing is the sound of the action.
here is one of my videos. DPMS REPR in .260 rem
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:55:29 AM EDT
[#27]
The first officer in the white helmet that camera wearer mover out of the way.... when camera guy pushed hI'm out of the way, where'd he go? Did the bad guy run him over?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

gunshot washes out the mic for a split second. all you end up hearing is the sound of the action.
https://youtu.be/ek8gsDiWqEs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/ek8gsDiWqEs

OK thanks....kind of figured that was an issue with the camera mic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, pretty stupid policy if you ask me, but maybe its something the carabineros require of cops using bikes. Didnt slow him down much though.
FerFAL

Kinda what I'm thinking.  Interesting that the cops do not carry cocked and locked.  Looked like he racked the slide after dismounting from the bike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He leakin

Yes, pretty stupid policy if you ask me, but maybe its something the carabineros require of cops using bikes. Didnt slow him down much though.
FerFAL

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#30]
That wouldn't fly very good here.

Like OP said. Way to many people around. Get back up, block traffic from going forward, set up a road block up ahead and let the bad guy drive into the road block.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Way to get the job done. Nice riding. Great shooting. Hard charging stud right there. Perfect example of controlling yourself in a high stress situation and not letting the situation control you.
View Quote

+1, I hate to see a BAD GUY get away....Good shooting!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Good shooting.  Did anyone else see the officer rack a round into his gun on the way up to the vehicle during his initial approach? Not a very smart tactic. Not sure if that's how they carry their weapons down there or not. As far as shooting at a moving vehicle on a packed multi lane highway, I don't think my dept would look at that very kindly. Unless the perp just murdered a car full of nuns. Pretty gutsy move on the officers part. And not all police shootings end with a hail of gunfire. Just the ones that end up on the news lately I guess.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I wasn't aware any police force anywhere required officers to carry a firearm that isn't chambered!  That is crazy.  Other than that it looked like a pretty good shoot as long as it fit into the laws/SOP of that location.  Here in the U.S. shooting at a moving car would get the officer reprimanded at best, fired at worst and possibly charged if an innocent was hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top