Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're still dodging half the question.

How long is "so long"?

One year? Five? Twenty? When entropy and heat death turn the universe dark?

If gold or silver continue a long, slow decline or remain stagnant for the next 20 or 30 years (as they HAVE in living memory) while inflation grinds away in fits and spurts (as it HAS in living memory) are you really prepared to stay committed to watching your actual purchasing power dwindle away? Because "fiat" and because "manipulation" and because "nature"? Really?

You realize that silver is first and foremost an industrial metal, that unlike gold, it's mined and consumed, its cost for physical delivery greatly dependent upon economic demand, yes?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regardless of the limited role people want to assign them, they are still subject to market forces and their value can vary like anything else.

Absolutely true.  Just wait for the manipulation to stop and then it's a moonshot (or until trading is closed).

What makes you think manipulation is going to "stop" and how long are you willing to hold your breath waiting?

Same thing as man v. nature.  Man can alter nature only so long before the latter breaks free.  Free market trumps manipulation.  The physical will break from the paper.  

The only other tool left to keep physical from a moon shot will be declared market holidays.

How long is "so long"?

If gold or silver continue a long, slow decline or remain stagnant for the next 20 or 30 years (as they HAVE in living memory) while inflation grinds away in fits and spurts (as it HAS in living memory) are you really prepared to stay committed to watching your actual purchasing power dwindle away? Because "fiat" and because "manipulation" and because "nature"? Really?

You realize that silver is first and foremost an industrial metal, that unlike gold, it's mined and consumed, its cost for physical delivery greatly dependent upon economic demand, yes?

Easy there, big guy!

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few ounces of silver that have been given to me over the years, but last night I bought my first 10 Silver Eagles. Spot price was $14.03, and I paid about $17.70 something each from silver.com. Seemed like an ok deal, and was about $6 cheaper than JM Bullion, even though I had to pay shipping.

I don't know if I did good with that or not, as I only shortly researched it. I know I could have gotten it cheaper by the ounce by buying rounds or bars, but I really like those Silver Eagles.

Open to any suggestions on what I should do differently next time, or if I did good.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Those would have made nice stocking stuffers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a few ounces of silver that have been given to me over the years, but last night I bought my first 10 Silver Eagles. Spot price was $14.03, and I paid about $17.70 something each from silver.com. Seemed like an ok deal, and was about $6 cheaper than JM Bullion, even though I had to pay shipping.

I don't know if I did good with that or not, as I only shortly researched it. I know I could have gotten it cheaper by the ounce by buying rounds or bars, but I really like those Silver Eagles.

Open to any suggestions on what I should do differently next time, or if I did good.

Or Dillos! Everybody loves those!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You did fine  

Once you receive them...

Skip other not as recognizable stuff and items that aren't investigated by the SS if counterfeit.

You'll be glad when you liquidate.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know where you get that you saved $6 over JM Bullion since the JMB price is less than a $1 more ( paid with cc) per SE, and has free shipping.

Silver.com shipping is $5.95 (Flat Rate Shipping and Insurance) for the amount you bought which makes it basically a wash between the two.

The only difference I see is a slightly different selection of silver coins. None of these vendors have prices significantly different than each other. One can order from any of these without much differences, so folks can buy from whomever they please.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know where you get that you saved $6 over JM Bullion since the JMB price is less than a $1 more ( paid with cc) per SE, and has free shipping.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looking again, it was closer to $4 that I saved gong with silver.com.

JM Bullion was $18.64 per coin when paying by cc, but had free shipping, for a total of $186.40.

Silver.com was $17.69 or $17.70 per coin when paying by cc, plus 5.95 shipping, for a total of $182.96.

Not a huge difference, just what I found out.

When paying by wire or check, JM was $17.92 per coin and Silver.com was $17.01 per coin. I used my debit card, and paid the higher price listed above.

Both places were $17.01 per coin if they were purchased in a large quantity, I couldn't buy that much, though.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As for how long, less than a year now.  BTW, thank you for your skepticism.
View Quote

OK, so the crash is coming in 2016. Good to know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, it might make NO sense to focus on the fluctuating financial NOISE of your 'investment's' cost.

You're likely to see far more volatility, week to week, or month to month...

Vs. shipping costs and taxes, whatever. Don't sweat trivia.

The important thing is you got the stuff in your grubby little fingers...

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

As far as WHERE you purchased...

You might want to reconsider...

Why not read the FINE PRINT of the insurance on the coins you buy from a dealer.

What happens if they are lost or stolen in the mail???

Many dealers 'SELF-INSURE' by a THIRD PARTY and you can't file a claim for [in one case I saw the other day, 45 or 90 DAYS!

Do you want that hassle???

I bought some junk silver coins from an eBay Seller [just an individual, not a dealer] 3 years ago for Christmas gifts...

The package according to the tracking number, dishappeared somewhere in a sorting center maybe in Charlotte, forget.

2 weeks went by and I was communicating NICELY to the Seller -that I never got the package.

They went NUTZ!

Blamed me that the package wasn't delivered, engaged in America's Favorite Pastime...

Of DECEIVING themselves that the package --[that was likely stolen]-- and they -as the Seller- never delivered the goods and were OBLIGATED to refund my MONEY!

Blamed my address they looked up on Google and there was a liquor store in the office park, why would I have coins delivered to a sleazy place...

They were in a Metrosexual DITHER, cause the value was abt $1200 IIRC. And they were going to have to eat it.

Now, if I hadn't had the eBay Buyer Protection---

Guess what?

I would have likely eaten the loss.

But I DID NOT!  

EBay refunded my money ---all of it incl shipping ---2 days after I notified eBay Resolution I hadn't received the item.

Big lesson to be learned by neophytes here, it sure was to me...

Even on eBay, look CAREFULLY at the listings of some of the big PM dealers selling on eBay, they default to private insurance and you likely have to wait months in some cases to file an insurance report.

[Altho I think eBay would promptly make a Buyer whole if the shipment were lost]

When I made this year's purchase to give out for gifts mentioned above, one of the big dealers had the private insurance clause in their listing. I messaged them immediately upon seeing it and requested they ship signature required.

They responded with some boilerplate nonsense...

So I repeated my request. This is a BIG outfit.

Then they messaged back that they ALWAYS ship signature required.

Guess what, the package was in my PO box, no sig required.

Now, suppose post office bubba stole the package enroute, it's not like a small package that weighs ~5 pounds isn't a sort of dead giveaway what's likely in it -especially when it has a shortened coin dealer's name in the return addy...

Words to the wise...  

Or folks can learn the hard way... And prolly the BEST way...  

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why not read the FINE PRINT of the insurance on the coins you buy from a dealer.

Many dealers 'SELF-INSURE' by a THIRD PARTY and you can't file a claim for [in one case I saw the other day, 45 or 90 DAYS!

I bought some junk silver coins from an eBay Seller [just an individual, not a dealer] 3 years ago for Christmas gifts...

The package according to the tracking number, dishappeared somewhere in a sorting center maybe in Charlotte, forget.

2 weeks went by and I was communicating NICELY to the Seller -that I never got the package.

They went NUTZ!

Blamed me that the package wasn't delivered, engaged in America's Favorite Pastime...

Of DECEIVING themselves that the package --[that was likely stolen]-- and they -as the Seller- never delivered the goods and were OBLIGATED to refund my MONEY!

Blamed my address they looked up on Google and there was a liquor store in the office park, why would I have coins delivered to a sleazy place...

They were in a Metrosexual DITHER, cause the value was abt $1200 IIRC. And they were going to have to eat it.

Guess what?

But I DID NOT!  

EBay refunded my money ---all of it incl shipping ---2 days after I notified eBay Resolution I hadn't received the item.

Even on eBay, look CAREFULLY at the listings of some of the big PM dealers selling on eBay, they default to private insurance and you likely have to wait months in some cases to file an insurance report.

[Altho I think eBay would promptly make a Buyer whole if the shipment were lost]

When I made this year's purchase to give out for gifts mentioned above, one of the big dealers had the private insurance clause in their listing. I messaged them immediately upon seeing it and requested they ship signature required.

Now, suppose post office bubba stole the package enroute, it's not like a small package that weighs ~5 pounds isn't a sort of dead giveaway what's likely in it -especially when it has a shortened coin dealer's name in the return addy...

Words to the wise...  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They went NUTZ!

Guess what?

But I DID NOT!  

Words to the wise...  

I've never had a problem getting stuff from Apmex. BUT, I started 2-3 years ago buying from a local coin guy. He always has some Canadian Maple Leafs for me when I show up. I pay about the same as I would getting it shipped from Apmex or one of the others. And, more importantly, he doesn't keep records of who he sells to. Which, incidentally, is easy in his case because he stopped taking credit cards. Something about him having to report purchases and sales of PMs. He made it seem like the credit card company was requiring him to report all his purchases and sales to the government or something weird like that. So, he doesn't do that now because he is an all cash business.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

*snip*
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

*snip*

I will keep all of that in mind, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#13]

How hard is it to prove that a silver bar is made of silver?  Didn't Archimedes show us the way thousands of years ago?

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guys, it might make NO sense to focus on the fluctuating financial NOISE of your 'investment's' cost.

You're likely to see far more volatility, week to week, or month to month...

Vs. shipping costs and taxes, whatever. Don't sweat trivia.

The important thing is you got the stuff in your grubby little fingers...

View Quote

It does kind of matter how much you are spending in relation to value received.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How hard is it to prove that a silver bar is made of silver?  Didn't Archimedes show us the way thousands of years ago?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ring test for round (non-monetary silver type coin)
Get a scale.  If you know the dimensions, then the scale will confirm its content.  Dimension must match weight.

Be warned there are plenty of fake coins, rounds and even bars.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A lot of good info in the Pike's thread, worth checking out. The consensus in that thread seems to be that generic 1 oz bars/rounds from a reputable source are best.  He (the dealer in the thread) specifically recommends against 100oz+ bars because they are frequently counterfeited.  He also does not recommend paying more for the eagles/other designer coins, most dealers treat them the same as the generics.
View Quote

Can someone post a link to the thread mentioned above please? Search is completely useless.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Can someone post a link to the thread mentioned above please? Search is completely useless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of good info in the Pike's thread, worth checking out. The consensus in that thread seems to be that generic 1 oz bars/rounds from a reputable source are best.  He (the dealer in the thread) specifically recommends against 100oz+ bars because they are frequently counterfeited.  He also does not recommend paying more for the eagles/other designer coins, most dealers treat them the same as the generics.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1764323_Pike_s_Silver_Thread.html

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I just always buy from the local coin shops.  That way I know that I have it in my hand, can negotiated price over spot.  Also, you can select and cull the sliders you don't want.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Received my Silver Eagles today from silver.com, they got here three days after I ordered. I can't wait to order some more!  Thinking about trying another place for my next order, I like the look of some of the hand poured bars out there.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Silver is up well over a Dollar in the past couple days... ~$15.50 right now...

While the US markets fall...

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Guess what?

But I DID NOT!  

View Quote

Glad that Ebay marketing scam worked for someone. I got fooked TWICE on a deal wherein the guy only shipped half the crap, Ebay said in order to get the BS protection guarantee I had to ship back the items (more money spent), then later when of course the dirtbag did not refund anything couldn't get a peep out of Ebay.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that hard really. I think its better to stick ot what you know, for Americans that would be pre65 junk silver and eagles, gold and silver.
Measure, weight, most of all, look, its not that hard to detect "replicas".
The Eagles and Krugerrands Ive seen, if you held and knew the real deal it was rather easy to tell the fake stuff.
Gold and Silvers bars, those Im not ver fond of.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:36:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Not that hard really. I think its better to stick ot what you know, for Americans that would be pre65 junk silver and eagles, gold and silver.

The Eagles and Krugerrands Ive seen, if you held and knew the real deal it was rather easy to tell the fake stuff.

FerFAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FerFAL
great resource here guys...

https://fakebullion.com/

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Silver is up well over a Dollar in the past couple days... ~$15.50 right now...

While the US markets fall...
View Quote

I've been enjoying cheap silver and will keep buying whether it goes up or down.

Meanwhile, happy to pour more money into my 401k and buy on market losses. I'm in it for retirement, not Q1-16.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Silver took a dump down to abt $15 tonight, from well above that the past couple weeks...

The stock market seems to be moving inversely to bigger silver moves for the past couple months...

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Silver has been trading in a fairly wide range the past month or so, up to almost $17.70 IIRC, and today ~$16.20.

The Silver Institute has an interesting article that's dear to our hearts -silver as a biocide in water filtration...

Silver in Water Purification

Silver in water purificatioin

Quote:

Another key use for silver is in the millions of water purifiers that are sold each year. Silver prevents bacteria and algae from building up in their filters so that they can do their job to rid drinking water of bacteria, chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, particulates and odor. Silver, in concert with oxygen, acts as a powerful sanitizer that offers an alternative or an augmentation to other disinfectant systems..

Silver ions are also starting to be added to water purification systems in hospitals, community water systems, pools and spas. Silver also eradicates Legionnaires’ disease, which is caused by buildup in pipes, connections and water tanks.

Water-born illness is a major problem in developing nations. The full extent to which silver can help treat the issue of clean drinking water has yet to be seen but ongoing research is showing its usage to be an exciting development for the global water supply.

Kitco has an interesting chart showing the use of silver as biocides ---of course it's been used far longer than the chart represents, for some reason it starts breaking out the use in the early 2000's...

Note the demand trend, I wasn't able to find a similar chart on Kitco showing data more recently

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Silver has been trading in a fairly wide range the past month or so, up to almost $17.70 IIRC, and today ~$16.20.

The Silver Institute has an interesting article that's dear to our hearts -silver as a biocide in water filtration...

Silver in Water Purification

Silver in water purificatioin

Quote:

Another key use for silver is in the millions of water purifiers that are sold each year. Silver prevents bacteria and algae from building up in their filters so that they can do their job to rid drinking water of bacteria, chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, particulates and odor. Silver, in concert with oxygen, acts as a powerful sanitizer that offers an alternative or an augmentation to other disinfectant systems..

Silver ions are also starting to be added to water purification systems in hospitals, community water systems, pools and spas. Silver also eradicates Legionnaires’ disease, which is caused by buildup in pipes, connections and water tanks.

Water-born illness is a major problem in developing nations. The full extent to which silver can help treat the issue of clean drinking water has yet to be seen but ongoing research is showing its usage to be an exciting development for the global water supply.
Kitco has an interesting chart showing the use of silver as biocides ---of course it's been used far longer than the chart represents, for some reason it starts breaking out the use in the early 2000's...

Note the demand trend, I wasn't able to find a similar chart on Kitco showing data more recently

http://www.kitco.com/charts/images/Annual-Total-Demand.gif
View Quote
Impossible. The ARFCOM standard marching orders is that colloidal silver is just over-priced snake oil . But then silver is CURRENTLY in production purifying water by sterilizing nasties. But silver can't work to help fight off nasties on the body. But it works great in water?????????

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Many -for example Daulton Steracyl ceramic filters, are impregnated with silver...

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Many -for example Daulton Steracyl ceramic filters, are impregnated with silver...
View Quote
Heresy

Silver cannot fight bacteria. The drug companies told me so, and offered to sell me some of their products.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:11:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a couple silver rounds in my Berkey Filter tanks. They stay cleaner longer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#31]
we have .9999 silver wire in our lower filter tank. The tank stays sparkling clean. I've found that silver (where it can make contact) works wonders on infection. We commonly use colloidal silver for exposed wounds. Works far better than anything else we have used, especially on newborn critters with infections that are especially sensitive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How bout some silver dillos Mark?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Silver is now pushing $20 after Brexit...

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Gold also up 7%.  Makes me wonder if the manipulators are losing to the free market?  

I won't jump for joy if gold hits $4k or silver goes to $300.  It means that our dollar has gone to sh*t, has hyper-inflated and most of us with dollar demoninated assets are f*cked.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Gold also up 7%.  Makes me wonder if the manipulators are losing to the free market?  

I won't jump for joy if gold hits $4k or silver goes to $300.  It means that our dollar has gone to sh*t, has hyper-inflated and most of us with dollar demoninated assets are f*cked.
View Quote

Heck, I even think silver/gold doubling means we are headed for tank.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Silver broke the $20 barrier at four minutes past midnight, 4 July.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You did very well.  Below is a strong case for buying American Eagles versus non-legal tender bullion:
We already see a trend of U.S. states like Utah, Oklahoma, and Arizona reasserting their state’s rights declaring silver and gold Constitution forms of money within their jurisdictions. Who knows, maybe someday you’ll be loaning your silver and gold Eagles to the bank for a nice loan on your business or enterprise, once paid off, you still have your bullion and your business was easily capitalized thanks to your bullion coin stash.

http://www.jmbullion.com/investing-guide/james/bullion-legal-tender-laws/

Texas is laying the legal framework to eventually create their own currency:

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/10/30/gold-firms-hope-help-texas-build-gold-depository/

The leaders of Texas have realized that once the Feds realize they are broke, states may be better off on their own.  The states need to get their real money (gold) back from the Feds before they can cut ties.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck, I even think silver/gold doubling means we are headed for tank.

They've already blown the dollar.  It's lost 97% of it's value since it was created.  They won't tell us how many dollars are even in existence.  It's measured in M3 and the Fed stopped giving us the number in 2006.  Their reasoning is that it's too expensive.  The entity that creates money says it's too expensive to keep track of how much money they make?

Three years ago Puerto Rico was broke just as it is today.  The problem was already there.  The difference is nobody realized it three years ago.  All the sudden, everyone panics.

The US has already destroyed the dollar.  The problem is already here.  When people realize it, the exchange rate of gold and silver to dollars will reflect the reality of the extent of the money printing.  In other words, it should be $4,000+ per ounce, but isn't; yet.  There is still time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I suspect that there are 5x the # of dollars on the books today as there were in 2008.  Take the 2008 price of PMs and mulitply by five.  Mind you, it's not that PMs are going up in value but that the Fed Res has devalued the dollar.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:19:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Silver fell into the high $18's this evening...

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Silver fell into the high $18's this evening...

View Quote

Please stay that way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm still buying a bit of gold and silver here and there. I'm getting to the point where I should just focus on gold due to weight reasons.  I bougth silver when cheap, still buy it when found at the right price. I've been having fun learning about coin collection, and even added a few nice ones bought at close to junk silver price with small premiums, yet they have a good bit of numismatic value too. I recently bought these 5 Peace dollars for 110. Nice enough price and I really wanted that 1935.

Quoted:

Impossible. The ARFCOM standard marching orders is that colloidal silver is just over-priced snake oil . But then silver is CURRENTLY in production purifying water by sterilizing nasties. But silver can't work to help fight off nasties on the body. But it works great in water?????????  
View Quote

Silver is used in some of the more fancy bnad aids. It has antimicrobial properties but that doesnt mean driking silver does any good. Relaly, apples and oranges. I can desinfect a wound with vokda, but drinking a bottle of the stuff wont do me much good, nor will it desinfect the wound!
FerFAL
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Silver tumbled into the higher $17's...
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#44]
 Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You might want to read Karl Denninger's book, Leverage.  If you can't find it at the library, do some reading on the following subjects:

Trade imbalance and its affect on a nation's economy
Quantitative Easing 1-3 and its affect
World Reserve Currency
Fiat Currency

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long is "so long"?

You might want to read Karl Denninger's book, Leverage.  If you can't find it at the library, do some reading on the following subjects:

World Reserve Currency
Fiat Currency

Getting close to a year now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long is "so long"?

World Reserve Currency
Fiat Currency

Yes it is.  If Hitlery had been elected, it would fall apart because under Hitlery the govt. response can be controlled.  Trump is wild card that wasn't supposed to make it.  Let's see if the Fed Res raises interest rates.

I also learned that QE hasn't stopped. Fed Res is creating $2.2 trillion a year.  Saudi Arabia and China dumped $364 billion a short while ago just to recapitalized themselves.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#47]
So how exactly did each of those actions delay doomsday once again?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Dropped to ~$16.60 today...

Lowest in a while?

Link Posted: 11/18/2016 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dropped to ~$16.60 today...

Lowest in a while?

View Quote

I'd sit tight and let it fall a bit further
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#50]
It's funny, the conventional wisdom seemed to be that Trump winning would be good for gold and silver and bad for the stock market, and at least the immediate effect was reversed.

Having watched PM prices for some time now, it really seems to be psychological to a very large degree.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top