Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2015 2:03:22 AM EDT
Anyone using one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several. They're awesome and worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 21 ouncer that goes with me pretty much everywhere...fill it with ice in the morning and top off with water throughout the day.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a 64oz every day pretty much. Couple of guys at work had them and I was thinking no way am I spending that much on a water bottle.   Well they convinced me that it keeps water cold for pretty much all day and I bought one.  I have used it most every day since.   I then bought my wife a 40oz and my daughter a 32oz, both with the straw lids, they also use them often and love them.  

I chop the top off an empty 8oz RedBull can and use it to freeze water into nice iceblocks that fit perfect into the widemouths and keep the water ice cold for a 10hr workday, even when the bottle is in the sun or a warm truck cab.

There is other brands, like Fifty/Fifty which is cheaper but still the same stainless and works just as well IMHO,  and Klean Kanteen. If you get the wide mouths they all share the same thread pattern lids and filters and stuff and interchange with different brands.

The only downside is they dent easily if dropped when full, I have not seen one get a hole yet but some of my co-workers bottles are pretty beat up looking, and the 64oz size is a little big to grab with one hand, the tall 40oz is about perfect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been meaning to buy one of these but would like to find one with a stainless steel cap.

I dont care so much for the cool staying cool or the hot staying hot....care more about the liquid staying in.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Great piece of gear. Prior to going for runs I will fill one up with cold hydration mix prior to driving to where I am going to run and after coming back from an hour run the fluid is still cold in that hot car.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 21 ouncer that goes with me pretty much everywhere...fill it with ice in the morning and top off with water throughout the day.
View Quote

I two have two 21oz. They are awsome! I keep one thats a perfect fit in my maxpedition noatak which is my man purse. I use one at work so i always have cold water on the fire truck
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 40 ounce one.  I fill it with hot coffee at 6:30 in the morning.  My 2:00 cup of coffee is still hot.  Best thermos I've ever had.  And, if the crap hits the oscillator, you've got a melee weapon.  If you're eligible for govx.com, you can save quite a bit on them.  I recently bought another one and one of their stainless pint "glasses".  It keeps a beer frosty cold to the botttom of the glass.  Good kit.  I recommend Hydro Flask to anyone that will listen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 40 ounce one.  I fill it with hot coffee at 6:30 in the morning.  My 2:00 cup of coffee is still hot.  Best thermos I've ever had.  And, if the crap hits the oscillator, you've got a melee weapon. If you're eligible for govx.com, you can save quite a bit on them.  I recently bought another one and one of their stainless pint "glasses".  It keeps a beer frosty cold to the botttom of the glass.  Good kit.  I recommend Hydro Flask to anyone that will listen.
View Quote

Damn, wish I knew that sooner!

I've got a 21oz, 18oz widemouth, and a black pint glass.  They live up to their hype.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, the widemouths are great because you can actually clean them.

And... just saying, if you ever needed a rubber-gasketed, completely sealed dual wall stainless steel container for a weatherproof geocache, well...

It's a shame they don't make them in 5 gallon sizes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have been meaning to buy one of these but would like to find one with a stainless steel cap.

I dont care so much for the cool staying cool or the hot staying hot....care more about the liquid staying in.
View Quote

Kleen Kanteen uses the same thread and diameter for their widemouth bottles, and the have a D-loop cap that is stainless
with the seal from a rubber gasket. You can either buy a small size Kleen Kanteen or a full size hydro flask and a KK cap and be in business.

Only the threaded part of the cap and the cap's loop are plastic. It won't leak if it's even modestly tight.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered two of the 32oz w/ a copper finish.  

Should be here on Tuesday.  

Has anyone tried to remove the logo?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just ordered two of the 32oz w/ a copper finish.  

Should be here on Tuesday.  

Has anyone tried to remove the logo?
View Quote

Just put one of your favorite stickers over it and call it good.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:31:58 AM EDT
[#13]
That's too easy. I'm trying to mod one of these things. ;)
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I wouldnt try! If its a obvious mod it will void your warranty. Im about tobsend mine jn for a new one. Dings chips and wear around the bottom ring is normal. Anything else is obvious and likely to void it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]
The finish is powdercoat, the logo seems pretty damn permanent but I'm not sure what kind of paint it's sprayed on with.  You might find something that will strip it without damaging the topcoat.  I have several of their bottles, 40oz and 21oz, they are fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the 64oz version that I use on camping trips near breweries....
Fill with your favorite local beer and store it in the cooler=cold beer for as long as you can resist drinking it.

I've been thinking about buying the 40oz version for daily use.
Great products.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I use 40oz wide mouth everyday, wife and 2 kids use the 32 oz.  the straw lid is excellent.  We all drink ugh more water now.  I highly recommend.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the 40 and love it. I bring fresh iced tea with me to work everyday. I also have the beer growler and recommend that too.
Get this for your 40 if your worried about dings or want to carry it easier.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Received my two copper 32's today.

I thought the logo was raised. I see now it is part of the actual paint finish. I won't be trying to remove it. Might slap a decal over it though.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have several. They're awesome and worth the money.
View Quote

I have 2, the wife has 2, the kids have 1 each.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys are awesome! I am going to get a couple of these as it would be good for coffe, Ice tea, and water.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You guys are awesome! I am going to get a couple of these as it would be good for coffe, Ice tea, and water.
View Quote

This place is great at helping people spend money..:)
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This place is great at helping people spend money..:)
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a 64oz fifty/fifty that I use as a beer growler.   It works fantastically well.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I almost bought a 40oz 50/50 when I was on base today. Looks like the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I have a 64oz fifty/fifty that I use as a beer growler.   It works fantastically well.
View Quote
I just emptied mine again.

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I have the 32 oz? I need to get a bigger one soon!
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://rognessbrewing.com/beer/#hefeweizen

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://rognessbrewing.com/beer/#hefeweizen

Very Nice!  It works very well as a Growler.  All the beer stores here have started filling up growlers.  And you can get around the blue laws on Sunday and buy beer from the breweries in town if they fill up a growler as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Love mine, my wife and I both use them daily.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#30]
If this was GD, only the Yeti would be worthy of your dollar.

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If this was GD, only the Yeti would be worthy of your dollar.
View Quote

Yeti makes fantastic products.  They catch hate from GD b/c they've become popular/mainstream.  Its some sort of sick and twisted fascination with GD....once something becomes popular with the masses, it suddenly becomes cool to hate on them.  The more you hate, the cooler you are.  I found it awesome in that last thread that people were recommending Orca coolers...except Orca coolers look exactly like a Yeti, cost around the same amount of money, and have all the Bro-merchandise like Yeti.  They are Yeti except for the name....which is why they got recommended.

I guran-fucking-tee if HF caught a following like Yeti, or Tacomas, or Colt, or whatever....Arfcom would suddenly turn on them.  "$30 for an insulated bottle!!! Wtf!  My walmart special keeps ma' beers cold just as gud!  Hay fagget, you don't need no high dollar ______, you're just some sucker!!!"  Stuff like that plays out ad nauseam around here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
ARF costs me so much money.  This thread coupled with my nalgene sharing its condensation with everything in my front seat today just made me buy one.   I love my nalgene but they suck in the summer when I load them with ice water.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
ARF costs me so much money.  This thread coupled with my nalgene sharing it condensation with everything in my front seat today just made me buy one.   I love my nalgene but they suck in the summer when I load them with ice water.
View Quote

Get ready, youll buy more!
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ARF costs me so much money.  This thread coupled with my nalgene sharing its condensation with everything in my front seat today just made me buy one.   I love my nalgene but they suck in the summer when I load them with ice water.
View Quote

Yeah, that's been my biggest problem with all single-wall bottles...and GovX.com has some great pro-deals on Hydroflast...so I should have a couple delivered this week.  I go through a few liters of water every day at work and these would be helpful as water bottles aren't necessarily expensive, but a PITA to refill as well.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#35]
One nice thing about hydroflask is they use the same diameter and thread pitch as nalgene bottles, so things like water filters designed to work with nalgenes fit them too.  I really like the straw lids, they are a better design than the camelbak bottles, IMO and I've been using those for a decade.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's been my biggest problem with all single-wall bottles...and GovX.com has some great pro-deals on Hydroflast...so I should have a couple delivered this week.  I go through a few liters of water every day at work and these would be helpful as water bottles aren't necessarily expensive, but a PITA to refill as well.

ROCK6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6

Thanks for the tip on gov-x, I'll have to check that out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROCK6

I just signed up. I wish I would've done it before. I'm buying a couple more.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#38]
If you want to sign up for GovX, I had a link that gave new members $15 off their first order.   And I get $15 off mine too, once you place an order.   Just IM me an email address
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
One nice thing about hydroflask is they use the same diameter and thread pitch as nalgene bottles, so things like water filters designed to work with nalgenes fit them too.  I really like the straw lids, they are a better design than the camelbak bottles, IMO and I've been using those for a decade.
View Quote

Thanks!! Couldn't find that info anywhere, been waiting for somebody to post it.. all my equipment is based on that diameter and pitch...
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:58:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Good info. I'm glad I started this thread.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thanks!! Couldn't find that info anywhere, been waiting for somebody to post it.. all my equipment is based on that diameter and pitch...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that site straight military and Leo?  Is it worth it or just a marketing gag like PRIME DAY?  I'm neither but could get my BIL to sign up if it is worth it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Got mine today.   Its 100 out and I've had ice water and no sweat all over my seat.  Completely worth it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Is that site straight military and Leo?  Is it worth it or just a marketing gag like PRIME DAY?  I'm neither but could get my BIL to sign up if it is worth it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, I signed up with my .mil email and ordered the flasks...pretty straight forward and no BS.  Actually, I think the flasks arrived today...I just got home from work late, so I'll have to check the mail pile.  I would say it's no gimmick from my experience.  Much like the "promotive.com", another pro-discount site.  The cool thing about Promotive is that my wife got her NOLS Wilderness First Aid certification from an REI in Atlanta and her certification gives her pro-discounts as well; some are different from the military/LE, but several are similar.  I try to keep the integrity of the programs and don't like to order women's bras, but I've purchased a few items my son has permanently borrowed  

ROCK6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top