Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Greece...

And yet....whos watching chinas market fall even more over the last week???

Anyone...

But hey lets worry about greece...they are a world power house economy after all...greece falls we all fall...right lol

Epxy is right ...in two weeks itll be:

Chinas market decilne

P.ricos waving off debt

Racical tensions in chicago.

And a bunch of guys will panic buy...ask stupid shit like "300black vs 762 " and drop money on more useless shit.

Who here dropped 200$ in seeds or redundant water systems...or AE...

Or gasp paid off debt to buy a bol or gasp move to a more sustainable location.

Ill wager less than 1%! But hands will be wrung...mags will be loaded and well have more threads on the small burps of the world instead of the real issues...

View Quote
I don't disgree with you and you're right that it seems like only within the last week has China become the focus when anyone who has been paying attention has been seeing this happen for several months.

The average schmuck doesn't hear about it because it isn't in big bold letters on the front page of whatever his favorite news web site is.  Also remember that China still openly controls their media, so information can still be repressed if they really want it to.  Greece doesn't do that, thus everyone talks about Greece.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Greece...

Anyone...
But hey lets worry about greece...they are a world power house economy after all...greece falls we all fall...right lol

Chinas market decilne
P.ricos waving off debt

And a bunch of guys will panic buy...ask stupid shit like "300black vs 762 " and drop money on more useless shit.

Ill wager less than 1%! But hands will be wrung...mags will be loaded and well have more threads on the small burps of the world instead of the real issues...

View Quote

Everybody's situation is different. They might already have the seeds, property, etc, but are thinking they might have company so adding more firearms or ammo to their mix will help. Some people are completely fucked for one reason or another and they are stuck in a lower middle class neighborhood outside of a major city. They can't go anywhere, so they are doing the best they can, with what they have. In the mean time, can I come live with you? I can eat two year old canned tamales too. I am mostly house trained and I have finally broken myself from rubbing up and down on peoples legs if they extend them out at an odd angle. I am also cute and fuzzy.

The Greek situation is interesting, because it affects the EU and they are open in their defiance to repay their loans. As you have read, there is much speculation on "what now?" Will other countries wake up and see what a fiasco the EU has been? Will any of those countries start calling for improved accountability of the EU governing body? Will anybody bring up default protections in the cases of IMF loans?

Has the board been following China as closely as it should? Probably not, but they are two different countries and they will each have different responses to how they deal with things. The Greeks will most likely start wrecking things soon. Police will be dispatched, military called in, tear gas everywhere, someone is going to break out the hoses, people will get arrested, etc. If the Chinese start Kung Fu fighting in the streets, the Peoples Army rolls in with tanks and machine guns, spraying away. The Chinese news will report it as Tibetan terrorists taking advantage of the situation, killing many innocent peace loving civilians, requiring a military response. The news will probably end with the current Chairman of the Commie Party urinating on a picture of the Dali Lama and that will be that. You will only hear what the state news tells you. Anybody who tells you the truth, will become an enema of the state and re-educated. On a positive note, this could open an opportunity for us to start making offers to buy back our debt at a reduced rate and clear some of our accounts, but that would go against the current agenda to ruin the country. We will see how it plays out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Several of you guys nailed it....

As long as people have internet, cable, social media.......get their checks in the mail....and joyous over social issues as gay marriage and all.....they don't care.

We have a zombie generation....no clue what is going on around them....

...that is all about to change though....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Several of you guys nailed it....

As long as people have internet, cable, social media.......get their checks in the mail....and joyous over social issues as gay marriage and all.....they don't care.

We have a zombie generation....no clue what is going on around them....

...that is all about to change though....
View Quote

A zombie generation? Which one? This is hardly isolated to just one generation.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i have heard there is a deal in the works for greece.........should hear something by mon/tues of next week
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Everybody's situation is different. They might already have the seeds, property, etc, but are thinking they might have company so adding more firearms or ammo to their mix will help. Some people are completely fucked for one reason or another and they are stuck in a lower middle class neighborhood outside of a major city. They can't go anywhere, so they are doing the best they can, with what they have. In the mean time, can I come live with you? I can eat two year old canned tamales too. I am mostly house trained and I have finally broken myself from rubbing up and down on peoples legs if they extend them out at an odd angle. I am also cute and fuzzy.

The Greek situation is interesting, because it affects the EU and they are open in their defiance to repay their loans. As you have read, there is much speculation on "what now?" Will other countries wake up and see what a fiasco the EU has been? Will any of those countries start calling for improved accountability of the EU governing body? Will anybody bring up default protections in the cases of IMF loans?

Has the board been following China as closely as it should? Probably not, but they are two different countries and they will each have different responses to how they deal with things. The Greeks will most likely start wrecking things soon. Police will be dispatched, military called in, tear gas everywhere, someone is going to break out the hoses, people will get arrested, etc. If the Chinese start Kung Fu fighting in the streets, the Peoples Army rolls in with tanks and machine guns, spraying away. The Chinese news will report it as Tibetan terrorists taking advantage of the situation, killing many innocent peace loving civilians, requiring a military response. The news will probably end with the current Chairman of the Commie Party urinating on a picture of the Dali Lama and that will be that. You will only hear what the state news tells you. Anybody who tells you the truth, will become an enema of the state and re-educated. On a positive note, this could open an opportunity for us to start making offers to buy back our debt at a reduced rate and clear some of our accounts, but that would go against the current agenda to ruin the country. We will see how it plays out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece...

Anyone...

Chinas market decilne
P.ricos waving off debt

I can think of nothing worse than being an "enema of the state"
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece...

Anyone...

Chinas market decilne
P.ricos waving off debt

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLPywHf374Yxec0rcu1g2SJm8NmO-Drud3&v=K7l5ZeVVoCA
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:00:55 AM EDT
[#8]
It's interesting that the latest news article I read has the "leader" of Greece supposedly agreeing to more austerity measures that he had opposed before.  If it goes through, it'll be interesting to see how the Greek people take it.  

I think the EU are fools to loan them more money but luckily for me...I don't live in Europe.  I would let them sink.  They deserve it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Some people are completely fucked for one reason or another and they are stuck in a lower middle class neighborhood outside of a major city. They can't go anywhere, so they are doing the best they can, with what they have.
View Quote

That doesn't mean it isn't a sustainable location. If anything, for most people, that is an ideal place to be.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That doesn't mean it isn't a sustainable location. If anything, for most people, that is an ideal place to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some people are completely fucked for one reason or another and they are stuck in a lower middle class neighborhood outside of a major city. They can't go anywhere, so they are doing the best they can, with what they have.

There is always a way out. However most will not try nor wish to leave the convieances of city life.

Money is a small part of the problem.

Im low middle /poor by someones standard....i pinched tight..paid off debt and moved the fuck outta dodge.

Paid off cars..student loans etc. On top of supporting a wife and child. Sub 40k income!.

I took a pay cut on my relocation...but whats more important a five minute drive to chinamart and starfucks or distance from urban crowds.

People will chose what they will ...most will stay confined to the city areas..for most its not a lifestle but a hobby .

Nothing wrong with it. Chevy...ford and all that.

Ik just one of those we gotta fix ourseleves first types...

Ironic i bitched about this crap snd china gets worse and our market freezes lol

Zombies....cant come soon enough lmao
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Screw currency.

Own your home.

Grow your food.

Give the finger to the powers that be.
View Quote

This but I worry about the tax man.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There is always a way out. However most will not try nor wish to leave the convieances of city life.
Im low middle /poor by someones standard....i pinched tight..paid off debt and moved the fuck outta dodge.
Paid off cars..student loans etc. On top of supporting a wife and child. Sub 40k income!.
I took a pay cut on my relocation...but whats more important a five minute drive to chinamart and starfucks or distance from urban crowds.

People will chose what they will ...most will stay confined to the city areas..for most its not a lifestle but a hobby .

Ironic i bitched about this crap snd china gets worse and our market freezes lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all a question of priorities and evaluating the risks.  Personally, I don't view widespread urban/suburban unrest as likely in my lifetime.  Things may cause me to reevaluate that.  More likely are the simple day to day dangers that in my situation make living in a metro area more logical.

I will admit, I might have more zombies to contend with.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's all a question of priorities and evaluating the risks.  Personally, I don't view widespread urban/suburban unrest as likely in my lifetime.  Things may cause me to reevaluate that.  More likely are the simple day to day dangers that in my situation make living in a metro area more logical.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True reason I did move. Very high possible zombie population were I was...if shit got real I would have been living blackhawk down in real time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]

How did a thread on the financial troubles in Greece switch over to zombies?

Damn zombies; they're everywhere!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Ain't seen nuthin yet...
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Apparently, due to the cash withdrawal limits, people are apparently turning to debit and credit cards to make purchases since there aren't limits on those transactions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Greece was a blip
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I dropped $900 on tools and seeds for the garden for this year, so some of us .  

ETA: Oh, How could I forget the $1200 I spent on the 316 tractor for the garden? I haven't even started getting attachments and ag tires for it yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Greece...

Anyone...

Chinas market decilne
P.ricos waving off debt

I dropped $900 on tools and seeds for the garden for this year, so some of us .  

ETA: Oh, How could I forget the $1200 I spent on the 316 tractor for the garden? I haven't even started getting attachments and ag tires for it yet

I put roughly $500 into a new chicken coop and assorted "chicken supplies" this year  

-Oh and the stock market is still riding a roller coaster.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw currency.

Own your home.

Grow your food.

Ever been WAAAY out in the sticks? I have all over this country. You know what you see a hell of a lot of? ABANDONED DREAMS....the whole "back to the land thing" isn't exactly new.

There was a movement in the 1930's and certainly a very robust one in the 60's, 70's and 80's......I can show you literally hundreds of abandoned homesteads and many of them abandoned by people who "wanted a simpler life and tried to move back to the land"....it didn't work. Can it be done? Sure. Just hope to hell you can fund your insurance premiums working for essentially minimum wage someplace where no one else lives because there are no jobs.....Oh, you won't have health insurance?.....Hope to Christ you don't fall out of a tree, get ran over by a steer, have a tractor incident or merely unlucky genes-because if any of that happens in Modern America you are BROKE AND DONE.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Greece was a blip
View Quote

Or a ping? There's a difference.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ever been WAAAY out in the sticks? I have all over this country. You know what you see a hell of a lot of? ABANDONED DREAMS....the whole "back to the land thing" isn't exactly new.

There was a movement in the 1930's and certainly a very robust one in the 60's, 70's and 80's......I can show you literally hundreds of abandoned homesteads and many of them abandoned by people who "wanted a simpler life and tried to move back to the land"....it didn't work. Can it be done? Sure. Just hope to hell you can fund your insurance premiums working for essentially minimum wage someplace where no one else lives because there are no jobs.....Oh, you won't have health insurance?.....Hope to Christ you don't fall out of a tree, get ran over by a steer, have a tractor incident or merely unlucky genes-because if any of that happens in Modern America you are BROKE AND DONE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screw currency.

Own your home.

Grow your food.

Amen to that. Drive around the countryside in any country and you see you cant throw a dead cat without hitting either somoene that wanted to do the "back to the land thing" and saw it fail or small ghost towns. Its safe to say you see more ghost towns or nearly dead small towns than thriving ones. Living a bit more rural for the last 4 years I was surprised by the amount of accidnets. Run over by tractors, caught in machinery. Man, slurry pits alone in Irlenad killed more people than I care to count. In one incident the father and all sons (strong, rugby playing teens) all died in that slurry pit trying to save one another.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Living a bit more rural for the last 4 years
View Quote

didn't you say you were 5 mins from schools,,medical.shopping.etc etc when you moved to Ireland....?
Will..

.i gotta agree with you on one point. the whole big "go back to momma earth " deal was big and honestly its is a very hard "dream" for many. not just because of the work/$$$   involved but also time. as you get older you cant do what you did at 18. that imho is what kills those dreams.

hell i had chopped/tilled our lil garden (few hundred sq ft). im typing this with sore lats and a shoulder that aches lol

let alone if i had 1-3 acres or large livestock to care for each day.20 years ago it woulda been cake. i think many go in expecting "mother earth news" but end up dirt farming and working themselves to hard/burning out due to the realities of failure (crops/livestock care- protection)

balance is key imho.

we all cant live in isolated homesteads and we all cant live in suburbia/urban centers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
There was a prediction years ago about a banking holiday after 2 countries default. Watch Greece, they vote on September 20th.

How fast could you get your money out of the bank? In cash? Prediction is 2 weeks after the defaults, the banks are closed.

Hope this is as unlikely as it sounds.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top