Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Norcal can we get a creds review on Amu62?   He is backing up his statements with lots of experience in shootings and we could sure use your judgment call on this guy.

Tex
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Bear in mind that in up close (< 5y) self-defense shooting situations speed is king (assuming you can hit your targets).

EXAMPLE OF KISS IN ACTION:  Many don't know this, but two armed robbers attempted to car-jack the late Chris Kyle while he was gassing up at a gas station.  With all his exotic SEAL and sniper training and experience what was his response?  Did he give up his truck just because two pistols were pointed at him at touching distance?  Did he try to run for cover?  Did he start zigging & zagging? Did he perform some other complicated defensive tactic known only to well trained Special Ops guys?  Nope.  He just pretended to hand over his keys while drawing his concealed 1911 45 double-tapping (and dropping) both bad guys before they could pull their triggers.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Mtpd,

You are correct.  Speed and accuracy are king, however there's a point where the number of opponents overcomes your talent.  Some years back there was an article or show where they set up scenarios with competent shooters. It was determined that the good guy could prevail against two on occasion, but three sealed his fate.  The article was much more descriptive but I think that was the gist of it.

The military uses a 3 to 1 attack to defend ratio against dug-in troops.  Gives you some indication of what good cover can do for you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mtpd,

You are correct.  Speed and accuracy are king, however there's a point where the number of opponents overcomes your talent.  Some years back there was an article or show where they set up scenarios with competent shooters. It was determined that the good guy could prevail against two on occasion, but three sealed his fate.  The article was much more descriptive but I think that was the gist of it.

The military uses a 3 to 1 attack to defend ratio against dug-in troops.  Gives you some indication of what good cover can do for you.
View Quote

I thought I was done with this topic, but because I was originally only concerned with the KISS response to close range attacks I may have failed to point out that at longer distances (10y >) moving off the X, taking cover, etc. has obvious merit.

Bear in mind that with regard to planned scenarios (play acting) all participants know in advance that they are going to have to shoot so are hyper-ready to shoot, while in real-life situations many bad guys aren't really expecting their victims to fight back or be armed, which can slow their reactions enough to give fast-acting "victims" a slight advantage like it did Kyle.  

PS:  My old PD was not MTPD.    
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If I'm getting shot at, then yes I'd absolutely return fire. That's the situation I believe this cop found himself in.

If I'm not the one being shot at, and I'm POSITIVE I know what's going on (I'm not about to shoot an undercover cop), and I have some tactical advantage, then I'd probably engage.

No cover, in the middle of a parking lot, not close to the bad guys, and I'm not the person being shot at? I'm running.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Trendy things = Book writers and paid instructors have to keep coming up with fancy "new tactics" in order to sell books and entice paying students to attend their classes.  And while some of these tactics may very well have merit in certain cases, they don't necessarily apply to very close range self-defense shooting situations or to the vast majority of less well trained concealed carry license holders who are much better off using less complicated, street-proven KISS tactics.

Bear in mind that in up close self-defense shooting situations speed is king (assuming you can hit your targets).

EXAMPLE OF KISS IN ACTION:  Many don't know this, but two armed robbers attempted to car-jack the late Cris Kyle while he was gassing up at a gas station.  With all his exotic SEAL and sniper training and experience what was his response?  Did he give up his truck just because two pistols were pointed at him at touching distances?  Did he run to cover?  Did he start running and zigging & zagging? Did he perform some other complicated defensive tactic known only to well trained Special Ops guys?  Nope.  He just pretended to hand over his keys while drawing his concealed 1911 45 and double-tapping (and dropping) both bad guys before they could pull their triggers.  

Anyway, I'm done with this topic.  

View Quote

Kyle supposedly claimed the above incident happened, but several reputable journalists contacted law enforcement agencies, coroners' offices, and gas stations in the area.  They found no evidence that the incident happened.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Back on the PD I used a "game" to demonstrate to rookies that "action beats reaction".  I'd have a rookie officer stand in front of me with his hands extended towards me and spread about a foot apart and tell him to clap his hands together when he saw me start to draw.  Then I'd talk to him about something else for a few seconds to relax and distract him a bit, and while still talking I'd draw my empty pistol fast and shove it into his chest.  By the time he clapped, my pistol would already be between his hands.  Never once did a hand-clapper beat my draw.  Try it, but make damn sure your pistol is empty first, or better yet use a toy pistol!  

View Quote

Antics like that are dangerous and unprofessional.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Marcus Luttrell says it happened.  (As most of us Texans know, Marcus was one of Kyle's best friends, a fellow Navy SEAL and author of "Lone Survivor".)  Until proven otherwise, I believe him.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Marcus Luttrell says it happened.  (As most of us Texans know, Marcus was one of Kyle's best friends, a fellow Navy SEAL and author of "Lone Survivor".)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

EXAMPLE OF KISS IN ACTION:  Many don't know this, but two armed robbers attempted to car-jack the late Cris Kyle while he was gassing up at a gas station.  With all his exotic SEAL and sniper training and experience what was his response?  Did he give up his truck just because two pistols were pointed at him at touching distances?  Did he run to cover?  Did he start running and zigging & zagging? Did he perform some other complicated defensive tactic known only to well trained Special Ops guys?  Nope.  He just pretended to hand over his keys while drawing his concealed 1911 45 and double-tapping (and dropping) both bad guys before they could pull their triggers.  

Kyle supposedly claimed the above incident happened, but several reputable journalists contacted law enforcement agencies, coroners' offices, and gas stations in the area.  They found no evidence that the incident happened.

Marcus Luttrell says it happened.  (As most of us Texans know, Marcus was one of Kyle's best friends, a fellow Navy SEAL and author of "Lone Survivor".)

For the sake of conversation, lets say this did happen to Mr. Kyle. ( I honestly have no idea if it did, and don't really care)

Any of us would have done the same thing.

Yet again, we are talking about VASTLY different circumstances.

If there are armed threats facing you, engaging you, or otherwise directly threatening you or your family, you are going to act. Period.

Not a single post in this entire thread is advocating anything other than direct and violent action toward direct threats. (At least how I read them)

Even if they are wearing armor, and pointing AKs at you. If you are being directly threatened, you should engage with as much violence and force as you are capable.

Those of us that train, train for multiple attackers.

Now, if we move that conversation to an indirect threat, you have the opportunity to vastly increase your survivability with simple, and well thought out tactics - of which, I'd like to imagine - we all train.  This is the conversation I thought we were having. Maybe I was mistaken.

As I mentioned before, there is a high probability that we are talking the same language, just missing each other in passing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why does Luttrell say it happened?  Please post links to why he says that, and any links about the shooting itself.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Your last name isn't York is it?

Tj
View Quote

If meant for me, no.

TH12
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why does Luttrell say it happened?  Please post links to why he says that, and any links about the shooting itself.

Thanks in advance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks in advance.

It's been a while since I did some checking on this, so I checked I to it again, and I find no reason to believe that Kyle killed two car jackers in Texas.

With all due respect, AMU62, the more you post, the less credible you appear.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Thug....

Marcus wrote two books.  #1 "Lone Survivor" and  #2 "Service: A Naval Seal At War".  The Chris Kyle car-jacking incident is described in book #2.  Both are available at AMAZON.COM.

By the way, the incident where Marcus chased four armed scumbags across four Texas counties at speeds of over 100mph because they shot his dog, all the while talking to the police on his cell phone telling them they had better get the bad guys first because he was going to kill them if he caught them, is described in book #2 as well.  Some claim this never happened either, but it did.

(NOTE: I don't recommend informing 911 or the police via phone in advance that you are going to kill some bad guys no matter how PO'd you are!)

Back on topic.  The Garland police officer who successfully took on 2 terrorists armed with AK's deserves a medal, whether he killed the bad guys with his 45 or not.  At the very least he stopped them long enough for SWAT to send them to virgin-land.

The moral?  DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I drove by where those two shit stains were waisted today... the blood stains were still there.

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thug....

Marcus wrote two books.  #1 "Lone Survivor" and  #2 "Service: A Naval Seal At War".  The Chris Kyle car-jacking incident is described in book #2.  Both are available at AMAZON.COM.

By the way, the incident where Marcus chased four armed scumbags across four Texas counties at speeds of over 100mph because they shot his dog, all the while talking to the police on his cell phone telling them they had better get the bad guys first because he was going to kill them if he caught them, is described in book #2 as well.  Some jealous know-it-all types claim this never happened either, but it did.  (NOTE: I don't recommend informing 911 or the police that you are going to kill some bad guys no matter how PO'd you are!)

Back on topic.  The Garland police officer who successfully took on 2 terrorists armed with AK's deserves a medal, whether he killed the bad guys with his 45 or not.  At the very least he stopped them long enough for SWAT to mop up.

The moral of all this?  DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!
View Quote

I'm aware of Luttrell's dog being killed, and his chasing the shooters.  Unlike Kyle's supposed shooting of the car jackers, it was well documented in the media.

I haven't read Luttrell's second book.  I have read his first.  I was also attached to SEAL Team 10 a couple of years after Operation Red Wings, (interestingly, my parents sent me Lone Survivor when it came out during that very deployment) and I spoke to some SEALs who were participants.  Some were mentioned by name in his book.  As is often the case, there was some disagreement about some things that happened there.  I have no reason to think anyone is lying, but I use this as an example to point out that people can disagree on facts, sometimes due to faulty memories, sometimes due to miscommunication.  You should know that if you have conducted investigations, as you claim.  If Luttrell wrote about Kyle shooting car jackers, my guess is that he simply repeated a story without fact checking it.  I never met either Luttrell or Kyle.

Again, please post reputable news stories or police reports about Kyle shooting car jackers in Texas.  I can't find any, except for articles that debunk it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
3Y:  I'm not bragging about anything, and never have.  Everything I say is true.  What I'm doing is offering experienced street survival advice to those intelligent enough to accept it as such.  And although I've been in multiple shooting situations none of them have ever resulted in an injury to myself, another officer, an EMT or an innocent civilian, and none have ever gotten me into any kind of trouble with higher authorities.  That criticism is just plain nonsense born of ignorance.  

I've never said not to use your head.  But instead of waiting until after the SHTF to try and figure out what to do, I train myself ahead of time by playing "What if?" games so I already know exactly what to do before it happens.

View Quote

"wolf-killer"  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I just got through this thread.  Lots of bull shit being thrown around.  Some one answer me this: since when has having a CCW obligated you to protect the general public?  

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#19]
 I never met either Luttrell or Kyle.

Again, please post reputable news stories or police reports about Kyle shooting car jackers in Texas.  I can't find any, except for articles that debunk it.
View Quote

"Reputable news stories"?  You've got to be kidding, there aren't any such things!  Many of my cases made the papers and some made TV and not a single one was 100% correct.  And lots of other stories never made the papers at all.  In addition, I don't remember the location of the attempted car-jacking incident being identified in the book, so it may not have happened in Texas.  

As a police officer I'm sure you know that "newspaper stories" (or the lack thereof) are not proof of anything.  For example, think of "Big Mike" in Ferguson.  How many "reputable newspapers" printed a story about him beating and robbing elderly blacks?  And if none did, does that mean it never happened?  And if it never happened how come I saw a cell phone video of Big Mike brutally beating and robbing an elderly black man that was posted on a police forum?

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just got through this thread.  Lots of bull shit being thrown around.  Some one answer me this: since when has having a CCW obligated you to protect the general public?  

View Quote

It's a matter of personal morality.  Either you have it or you don't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mere speculation, but I'm guessing that any attempt at engaging the bad guys might end poorly when the swat team opened up. You would likely be ventilated unless there were some compelling factors: you're a different color and look like a cop, you're wearing a suit and they have towels on their heads. Low light? You are toast.

Having access to a firearm doesn't mean you're a cop or gunfighter. I may own a scalpel, but I'm no surgeon. You are under no obligation to do anything at all, no one has the faintest expectation that a guy is just gonna go up against islamists for the hell of it. This is a specific set of facts and circumstances (mostly unknown lol), not a columbine, Mumbai mall, flight 72 hijacking, etc.

Absolutes can be bad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we have different morals.  It's not a have our have not deal.  My reason for carrying is to protect my family.  

By that reasoning, how much of a paycheck % do you give to charity?  How many of your preps are slated for random passerbys?  How much community service do you do a month?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Reputable news stories"?  You've got to be kidding, there aren't any such things!  Many of my cases made the papers and some made TV and not a single one was 100% correct.  And lots of other stories never made the papers.  Plus, how am I going to get a copy of an official police report unless it was a case investigated by my old department, which this one wasn't?  

It appears that for some unknown reason you are suggesting that Marcus Luttrell was lying about the deeds of a fellow SEAL who was a personal friend of his, or at the very least suggesting that the late Chris Kyle lied to Marcus (or someone else) about the car-jacking incident.  Seems like questionable claims to make about other SEAL's you never met.  How about the late Adam Brown?  Is he on your list of phonies too?

I haven't personally investigated any SEAL's and don't intend to.  But bear in mind that "newspaper stories" (or the lack thereof) are not proof of anything.  For example, think of "Big Mike" in Ferguson.  How many "reputable newspapers" printed stories about him beating and robbing elderly blacks?  And if none did, does that mean it never happened?   And how many said that one police officer with a 45 pistol killed the two terrorists in Garland?  But did he?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
 I never met either Luttrell or Kyle.

"Reputable news stories"?  You've got to be kidding, there aren't any such things!  Many of my cases made the papers and some made TV and not a single one was 100% correct.  And lots of other stories never made the papers.  Plus, how am I going to get a copy of an official police report unless it was a case investigated by my old department, which this one wasn't?  

It appears that for some unknown reason you are suggesting that Marcus Luttrell was lying about the deeds of a fellow SEAL who was a personal friend of his, or at the very least suggesting that the late Chris Kyle lied to Marcus (or someone else) about the car-jacking incident.  Seems like questionable claims to make about other SEAL's you never met.  How about the late Adam Brown?  Is he on your list of phonies too?

I haven't personally investigated any SEAL's and don't intend to.  But bear in mind that "newspaper stories" (or the lack thereof) are not proof of anything.  For example, think of "Big Mike" in Ferguson.  How many "reputable newspapers" printed stories about him beating and robbing elderly blacks?  And if none did, does that mean it never happened?   And how many said that one police officer with a 45 pistol killed the two terrorists in Garland?  But did he?

I suggest you re-read my post.  I stated I believed Luttrell repeated a story without fact checking it.  I don't think he lied.  I also don't know who told Luttrell the story in the first place.  I don't know what type of agency you worked for, but I am a cop in one of America's twenty largest cities.  Like you, I noticed that news stories contain inaccuracies.  In fact, only two or three very short articles about incidents I've been involved in were completely accurate.  Three sentences appears to be the media's limit of accuracy.  More than that, they got something wrong.

Most matters to which police respond and investigate don't make the media.  Many of the shootings to which I responded didn't get any coverage, depending what else news-worthy happened that day.  However, every single homicide to which I have responded, and to the best of my knowledge, every single homicide in the city, makes the news.  Every single one, not only murders, but justifiable homicides.  In fact, the justifiable homicides usually get more coverage than a standard murder.  They always get more coverage than killings involving only gang members.  

Additionally, many law enforcement agencies are posting at least partial reports on the internet.

Plenty of other people have questioned the car jacking killings, and that's because there does not appear to be any evidence it happened.  If it happened, there would be plenty of information to support it.  As I stated earlier, people contacted media, law enforcement agencies, coroners, and business owners in the area that the shooting supposedly happened.  If I found that info showing it to be true, I would share it.  I'm sure that if you found it, you would do the same.  However, looking at this objectively, I am forced to believe that it never happened.  I wish it had, because two less criminals would make the world a better place.

I don't think I ever met Adam Brown.  I am pretty sure he was one of the DEVGRU members killed in a CH-47 shoot down.  Other than that, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding him.

Just so there is no confusion, I am not, have never been, and never will be, a SEAL.

Added: If the shooting actually happened, not only should there have been media coverage and official reports, why wasn't it mentioned in American Sniper?  If it happened after publication, it could have been added to later editions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Toby says:
I guess we have different morals.  It's not a have our have not deal.  My reason for carrying is to protect my family.  

By that reasoning, how much of a paycheck % do you give to charity?  How many of your preps are slated for random passerbys?  How much community service do you do a month?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMU says:

We carry (legally) for self-defense, the defense of innocents and to assist any police officer that needs help.

We are retired (AKA unemployed) so we don't get paychecks.  We are not "prepers" except for keeping a little extra for hurricanes, and are not "survivalists" in the "run and hide from threats" sense of the word.  The only community service we do is responding to the neighbors' burglar alarms (2x lately) and doing volunteer work for United States Senator Ted Cruz and Texas Governor Greg Abbott. But be assured that all random passers-by that look like Playboy Playmates will be welcomed with open arms.  LOL!      

We are not wealthy but contribute to: The Wounded Warrior Project, Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Alliance Defending Freedom, NRA-ILA and "Truth in Action" TV Ministry. I'm also a member of the American Legion, our local Rifle & Pistol Club, Patriot Guard Riders (PGR), and the NRA (Life Member).

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Toby says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMU says:

We carry (legally) for self-defense, the defense of innocents and to assist any police officer that needs help.

We are retired (AKA unemployed) so we don't get paychecks.  We are not "prepers" except for keeping a little extra for hurricanes, and are not "survivalists" in the "run and hide from threats" sense of the word.  The only community service we do is responding to the neighbors' burglar alarms (2x lately) and doing volunteer work for United States Senator Ted Cruz and Texas Governor Greg Abbott. But be assured that all random passers-by that look like Playboy Centerfold Girls will be welcomed with open arms.  LOL!      

We are not wealthy but contribute to: The Wounded Warrior Project, Disabled American Veterans, Alliance Defending Freedom, NRA-ILA and "Truth in Action" TV Ministry. I'm also a member of the American Legion, our local Rifle & Pistol Club and the NRA (Life Member).

View Quote

Toby has two small children.  He will not be blindly engaging people unless it's a last resort.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Thug:

I apologize for any misunderstandings I may have gotten from your posts.  I've gone back and tried to correct some of my responses.

Get Luttrell's #2 book and see what you think about the car-jacking story.  SEALs have Top Secret security clearances so it's possible that Kyle's name was kept out of the papers as a courtesy, just as the shooter's name in Garland was.  

Also, everyone here should read "FEARLESS" by Eric Blehm.  It's the truly amazing and pertinent life story of Adam Brown, a brave and exceptional American SEAL Team Six guy (KIA).  

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
We lost SF on the way through this.

The SF answer is don't get involved unless:

1. The bad guys pose an immediate threat to you/your family.
2. Possibly exterminate them if they will be a future threat and it can be accomplished with relative safety...meaning you're not alone and under-gunned.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Dang, looks like I stirred up a proverbial hornets nest here lol.  Guess I should have known this would be a touchy subject.  Got SMU69 up against the ropes it seems.

I will be starting a few new threads including ...

"Garland Cop Fails to Stop Multiple Rifle Threat - Lessons Learned" and

"Would you Engage Multiple Armed Bikers at a Breastaurant if Carrying just Your Kel Tec P3AT?"

Stay tuned ....

Getting hairy down here in Texas.  Keep your head on a swivel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We lost SF on the way through this.

The SF answer is don't get involved unless:

1. The bad guys pose an immediate threat to you/your family.
2. Possibly exterminate them if they will be a future threat and it can be accomplished with relative safety...meaning you're not alone and under-gunned.
View Quote

I agree with Premise #1

"2. Possibly exterminate them if they will be a future threat and it can be accomplished with relative safety...meaning you're not alone and under-gunned"

On the condx ---doing it when you think it's SAFE to do so....

Good luck with the civil [if not the criminal] legal hassles and prison time you may face for "exterminating" folks YOU perceive as Bad Guys.

Plus the Social Media attacks.  Oh my....

Does your family REALLY want to be bankrupted and ruined for a Bazillion Bucks, or the loss [more likely] of the Hand that Feeds them ---especially for saving O voters?  

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, we were going the fantasy route already, so I figured I'd embrace it!

Was thinking of a different scenario with the same players. Scumbags in AO that pose no imminent threat to me, but will cause havoc and kill innocents shortly. WROL, not cartoon club meeting.

The "safe to do so" embodies the bravery of the keyboard commando.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and sadly many don't
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#33]
So there may or may not be video.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey, we were going the fantasy route already, so I figured I'd embrace it!

Was thinking of a different scenario with the same players. Scumbags in AO that pose no imminent threat to me, but will cause havoc and kill innocents shortly. WROL, not cartoon club meeting.

The "safe to do so" embodies the bravery of the keyboard commando.
View Quote

Nicely played Sir...  

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me you'd have to imagine how you'd live with yourself if you knew you had a chance to stop a mass shooting, and chose not to do so.

No need to encumber this choice with whether your kids/wife are present; we know your first duty is to them.  Let's assume you're in the position of the cop at Garland, but you're not on duty.  Do you take the shot?  You know the intent and the capacity of the bad guys; you're aware of the vulnerability of those inside.  You have no family, or they are safe at home.

"none of my business" probably won't make you feel better afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#36]
My .02

The best info has been put...and put out.  
We have minimal facts, half the folks have no basis of knowledge other then feelings, some claim knowledge that is questionable.

This thread needs to go the way of the dinosaur.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I don't know about Texas, but in NY civilians have a duty to retreat.  You start blasting away in a situation in which you could have safely left, you are opening yourself up to criminal and civil charges. And God help you if you are white and the perps are sons of O.  

And what if you are misinterpreting the situation.  What is its not terrorists but a group of kids filming a movie that you happen across??  Just rush in and start shooting?  Good luck with that.  Just tell them you read that on Arfcom.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't know about Texas, but in NY civilians have a duty to retreat.  You start blasting away in a situation in which you could have safely left, you are opening yourself up to criminal and civil charges. And God help you if you are white and the perps are sons of O.  

And what if you are misinterpreting the situation.  What is its not terrorists but a group of kids filming a movie that you happen across??  Just rush in and start shooting?  Good luck with that.  Just tell them you read that on Arfcom.  

View Quote

Texas is not New York. We are truly progressive with our gun laws.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To his point, though, it's a great idea to know your local laws.

I'd hate for one of us to win a gunfight, and lose our freedom over some dumbass state law, like the NY one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

It never fails to amaze Texans that folks that reside in states that are more like the UK than the USA don't move.  Freedom is just a short drive away, pack up and move to Texas!    
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It never fails to amaze Texans that folks that reside in states that are more like the UK than the USA don't move.  Freedom is just a short drive away, pack up and move!    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It never fails to amaze Texans that folks that reside in states that are more like the UK than the USA don't move.  Freedom is just a short drive away, pack up and move!    

Easier said than done.  Not so easy when you have a wife and kids.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:43:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
EXAMPLE OF KISS IN ACTION:  Many don't know this, but two armed robbers attempted to car-jack the late Chris Kyle while he was gassing up at a gas station.  With all his exotic SEAL and sniper training and experience what was his response?  Did he give up his truck just because two pistols were pointed at him at touching distance?  Did he try to run for cover?  Did he start zigging & zagging? Did he perform some other complicated defensive tactic known only to well trained Special Ops guys?  Nope.  He just pretended to hand over his keys while drawing his concealed 1911 45 double-tapping (and dropping) both bad guys before they could pull their triggers.

View Quote

Damn... the same truck that he was shot and killed over because the guy wanted to take his truck for a joy ride?

Maybe he should have handed over the keys that day...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We aren't all retired, like you.
When the time comes, maybe.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Damn... the same truck that he was shot and killed over because the guy wanted to take his truck for a joy ride?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Clueless:  The POS who murdered Chris and his buddy didn't do it to steal Chris' truck for a joy ride.  Nor did Chris get a chance to hand over his keys or anything else.  The killer waited until Chris and his buddy had emptied their guns at targets at the range then shot them down without warning.  It was a cold-blooded premeditated double homicide and had nothing to do with your ignorant remarks about keys & joy rides.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dear Clueless:  The POS who murdered Chris and his buddy didn't do it to steal Chris' truck for a joy ride.  Nor did Chris get a chance to hand over his keys or anything else.  The killer waited until Chris and his buddy had emptied their guns at targets at the range then shot them down without warning.  It was a cold-blooded premeditated double homicide and had nothing to do with your asinine "joy ride" BS.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear Clueless:  The POS who murdered Chris and his buddy didn't do it to steal Chris' truck for a joy ride.  Nor did Chris get a chance to hand over his keys or anything else.  The killer waited until Chris and his buddy had emptied their guns at targets at the range then shot them down without warning.  It was a cold-blooded premeditated double homicide and had nothing to do with your asinine "joy ride" BS.  

Your wrong. The killer specifically told detectives what his motives were. He also told his family the the same thing.

Educate yourself before you accuse others of being clueless.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#46]
3y:  Having personally conducted several thousand felony investigations, and having arrested and interrogated hundreds of felons, I know a BS story when I hear it.  Apparently some with less real-world experience don't.  Are you really dumb enough to believe this was just a car-jacking case?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Having personally conducted several thousand felony investigations, and having arrested and interrogated hundreds of felons, I know a BS story when I hear it.  Apparently some with less real-world experience don't.  Are you really dumb enough to believe this was just a car-jacking case?
View Quote

You need to chill gramps.

The facts are what they are. Your opinion may be different, but your attitude is pathetic.

Oh, and no one cares about your made up BS past.

The guy that killed Kyle was mentally I'll, and part of his motivation was that he liked his truck and wanted it. No one said it was "just" anything.

Reading comprehension. Get some.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The facts are what they are. Your opinion may be different, but your attitude is pathetic.

The guy that killed Kyle was mentally I'll, and part of his motivation was that he liked his truck and wanted it. No one said it was "just" anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Having personally conducted several thousand felony investigations, and having arrested and interrogated hundreds of felons, I know a BS story when I hear it.  Apparently some with less real-world experience don't.  Are you really dumb enough to believe this was just a car-jacking case?

I just read the verbatim statements made by both the State and the Defense at the killer's trial.  Neither stated anything about the MOTIVE being the theft of Kyle's truck.  And by the way, both victims were shot in the back.  Do some research junior.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just read the verbatim statements made by both the State and the Defense at the killer's trial.  Neither stated anything about the MOTIVE being the theft of Kyle's truck.  And by the way, both victims were shot in the back.  Do some research junior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where they were shot has no bearing on their motive. I thought you were a detective?

Let me help:
A leaked police affidavit says Routh admits: “the Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend on a Texas shooting range told a relative that he “traded his soul for a new truck.”

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#50]
AMU, you going over to AZ to show that guy outside the mosque how to shoot?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top