Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 8:13:43 PM EDT
Never been to one before but it looks like they will have some interesting classes.  Hopefully I learn something new and it will be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
If nothing else it would be good people watching.

Any idea if this is an actual  self sufficiency and homestead life  kind of expo or a doomsday pepper trendy gadget kind of expo?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It actually looked like a little bit of both, if you google kansas prepper expo it will pop up, and the website shows the classes.  I look forward to people watching, that is if anyone shows up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Went to the one in Houston last year and they actually had a good bit of homesteading type stuff (bee keeping, canning, food dehydration, first aid, solar power, wind power, etc)

Doc
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I dressed well and would have blended in better with camo, or tactical attire.  It is a open carry state, and I have a ccw but I was actually surprised by how many people were carrying openly.  The group running the show almost gave me a militia vibe.  I stayed for two classes today, first was supposed to be on grid down electricity, but that was switched to a how to carry a gun class.  It was like a review of a ccw class, and the second was on ham radio.  I have my tech license so it was also a review.  The rest of classes today were on global warming-what there not telling us, picking prairie herbal plants, and group dynamics.  I had no interests in those classes.  Tomorrow has some classes I'm interested in, so I will give it a go tomorrow.  It had more of a shtf type expo, instead of homesteading- self reliant type show.  People generally seemed nice, and was a mix of all types and ages.  Quite a few people brought their dogs, and children, which gave it a friendlier vibe.

Tomorrow I'll get a little more time at it and form a more rounded opinion of my experience.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL.......I dressed well too and stood out in the crowd.......
and yes, lots of people open carrying.

It was a very small show but I had fun chatting with a few people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:12:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I would have liked a presentation by the guy running the gasifier truck, instead of all of us going up visiting him through out the day.  Just from a construction, engineering standpoint I found that interesting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#7]
When I seen the global warming classes, I wrote it off. Probably some front group collecting names of the "whacko" prepper types with some "conditioning" mixed in. Call me paranoid.

A leftist prepper expo? Fugg'em
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I seen the global warming classes, I wrote it off. Probably some front group collecting names of the "whacko" prepper types with some "conditioning" mixed in. Call me paranoid.

A leftist prepper expo? Fugg'em
View Quote

I'm w/ you, if they allow that sort of thing there...

Leftist's will weasel into EVERYTHING!

As they have ALREADY done, and mostly destroyed our country.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It was cold today, the crowd was down.  People seemed nice, I learned a couple of things, but nothing major.  It didn't cost much and it was super close.  All in all it was ok.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top