Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2015 5:03:18 PM EDT
I am trying to outfit my SUV for overlanding and i am looking for jerry cans. I am planning a trip for next year to Yellowstone and Montana. I see them for 200 for 4 or 5 but I am only looking for 2 and someone said they are around 25 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Try these Jerry Cans they might be what you're looking for at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try these Jerry Cans they might be what you're looking for at a reasonable price.
View Quote

Wasn't it determined that these are the cheap Chinese clones?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that I'm aware of! Look closely at the side margin on that page, and it will tell you how many are US made.....................
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have these and have been happy with them.  Others here have them as well.
Atlantic British  $45 each but they go on sale every so often.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have these and have been happy with them.  Others here have them as well.
Atlantic British  $45 each but they go on sale every so often.
View Quote

If only there was a sort of FUEL CAN ORACLE.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I got mine from Deutsch Optik, 4 can deal with extra gaskets and spouts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Still the best price around for new production European NATO spec Jerry Cans

Prepandmore.com $34.99

http://www.prepandmore.com/brands/Jerry-Can.html
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread is timely.

Can the cans go bad? There is a guy selling 6 metal cans locally for $30. One has started to get surface rust. No idea of the inside condition. Worth a chance?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#9]
most of the cans I purchased used wound up being junk. the outside surface rust wasn't an issue but the tank lining was damaged. I was happier having virgin cans from Atlantic british. I did by some milsurp cans from our local fleet farm on the cheap but the gaskets chunked out quickly. buy once and cry once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top