BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Good sale of a lot of their products on EBay..

ETA. LINK BELOW
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
eta delete
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USCARBSALE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
USCARBSALE
Quoted:

Good sale of a lot of their products on EBay..

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have any of you rigged up some kind of protective bar around the regulator? Mine seems pretty vulnerable to getting banged up mounted to the outside of the generator's protective frame.
View Quote

I was concerned about the same thing. The bottom bar by itself is strong enough to lift the generator and the rest of it should take quite a hit. The regulator itself is attached only by the feed elbow and is otherwise floating inside the bar. The primer button is a little awkward to reach but when I install the remote the electric primer will work. I mounted this abortion without drilling any holes in the generator.

Another couple of features this generator has vs. Honda-a separate fuel valve and a carburetor bowl drain screw and tube. When you run an engine dry, there is some fuel left behind that can still gum things up.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Still on?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine runs great on propane, but is running stupid rich on gasoline (puffing black smoke!!!). Haven't had time to check into it yet.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally set aside time to install mine this week, but now I think I will wait a little longer to see what you guys figure out with yours.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I finally set aside time to install mine this week, but now I think I will wait a little longer to see what you guys figure out with yours.
View Quote
I'd install it. I think on mine the adapter may be blocking something simple. At most, I need to adjust the carb. I seem to have all the power I had before. Worst case scenario I take the adapter out to run gas again.

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I pulled out the generator today, put oil and gas in, and started it up.  I let it run for two hours under load in order to get it broken in.  After it cooled, I drug it back into the air conditioning and installed the snorkel.  I drained gas from the tank and bowl since my intention is to run primarily, if not exclusively, propane. It started up on the second pull and was surprisingly easy to start, run, and adjust.

I took my time with everything and invested a total of about four hours, including the break in.

I am very happy with how this runs, and it seems like the generator will be much easier to maintain as long as I run it for a little each month.

This is my first experience with a generator of any kind, and so far I am pretty happy with my setup.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like to purchase a kit for Champion 2000i, but could not figure out which one matches it on the website. A little help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hello again Everyone.  We have paid to send out a sponsored email through AR15.com (you guys may have received it).  Anyway I wanted to make sure that everyone here knew about it in case you missed out on the deal in April.  Thanks for your support then and now.

This deal requires coupon code AR15SNORKEL during checkout.  I won't do any more promotion of it here, but I will be monitoring this thread to support any questions you guys may have, just as I did in April.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hello again Everyone.  We have paid to send out a sponsored email through AR15.com (you guys may have received it).  Anyway I wanted to make sure that everyone here knew about it in case you missed out on the deal in April.  Thanks for your support then and now.

This deal requires coupon code AR15SNORKEL during checkout.  I won't do any more promotion of it here, but I will be monitoring this thread to support any questions you guys may have, just as I did in April.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Message from your checkout applet:

Coupon code "AR15SNORKEL" is not valid.

ETA

NEVER MIND -- I DID NOT READ THE FINE PRINT.  
TODAY (THURSDAY) IS A WEEKDAY, NOT A WEEKEND.  

*Offer valid this weekend only
- expires Sunday, 8/30 at 11:59 pst

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:46:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ETA

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

*Offer valid this weekend only
- expires Sunday, 8/30 at 11:59 pst

ar-jedi

Works now.
The website however is super glitchy, won't load at all on the iPad and is trying to get me to add something on my iPhone when I try to place the order, but it's half off my screen so I can't tell what it says. I guess I'll call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Works now.
The website however is super glitchy, won't load at all on the iPad and is trying to get me to add something on my iPhone when I try to place the order, but it's half off my screen so I can't tell what it says. I guess I'll call tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Works now.

you must have better internets.  

still:
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Hello Everyone.  The code should be working.  We were bombarded with traffic when the email first sent so some people experienced some slowness with the website.  All should be working now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hello Everyone.  The code should be working.  We were bombarded with traffic when the email first sent so some people experienced some slowness with the website.  All should be working now.
View Quote

As of 10:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Well maybe I should clarify.  The code is only valid on motor snorkel complete kits.  So if you are trying to buy something else such as just the snorkel only or one of our classic kits, then the code is not applicable.

What SKU are you trying to buy?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well maybe I should clarify.  The code is only valid on motor snorkel complete kits.  So if you are trying to buy something else such as just the snorkel only or one of our classic kits, then the code is not applicable.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/public/misc/carb-kit-coupon-fubar.jpg

Yeah - this - same item in cart, same generator model, same error on the code.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://wopr.losdos.dyndns.org/public/misc/carb-kit-coupon-fubar.jpg

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I just placed an order for the kit and the code worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:07:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just placed an order for the kit and the code worked fine for me.
View Quote

Yup, Me too.

Thanks very much!

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Done and on the way.

I just called my order in.
Also swung past the new house and had the gas guy pop a 1" line over for the genny. Should be more than enough even if I add a bigger genset later.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

i got in on the last sale.... guys this is a good company and a killer deal if you need conversion kit.
View Quote
+1

Their CS was great. They had forgotten to include the 2nd propane line kit in my original shipment. The unit shipped right away at no expense after a simple phone call.

Eventually, we also figured out that I was an idiot and was trying to put the wrong kit on the wrong generator (bought 2 kits)
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Code still isn't working... tried two different browsers so it's not that.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Ury8tuq.png
View Quote

Nevermind...you need to click the link in the newsletter and use the "Universal" kit I believe for the code to work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Code not working for me as well...tried multiple times
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Ury8tuq.png
View Quote

THAT WEBSITE HATES HONDAS!!!

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys.  Sorry you are having trouble.  You can always use this link for the universal kit and you should have no trouble.

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/motor-snorkel-tri-fuel-natural-gas-propane-and-gasoline-conversion-kit-3225.html?utm_source=list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ar15
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Holy Crap you guys are fast. Got a ship notice less than an hour after I placed my order!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey guys.  Sorry you are having trouble.  You can always use this link for the universal kit and you should have no trouble.

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/motor-snorkel-tri-fuel-natural-gas-propane-and-gasoline-conversion-kit-3225.html?utm_source=list&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ar15
View Quote

This worked for me, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Ok guys...I fixed it. For some reason the Honda EU generators were overlooked when I setup the coupon code!  Sorry but you shouldn't have any problems now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks, I'm in... Time to get this project off the back burner.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I picked up one for my Troy Bilt 5550 genny,  I know there are lots of variables,  does anyone have any idea how long a 20 lb tank would run it at wide open?  we go to the race every year and I take 4 5 gallon jugs of gas with me during the week I use 2,  its just me and I only run the A/C for a couple hours a day, usually WED to FRI,  and the race weekend we go through the other 2,  usually quiet time is at 10 PM so I run the genny from around 9 am to 9 PM saturday and sunday.

oh and I guess I should add it has a 5 gallon tank on the genny so really I have 25 gallons of gas we use during the week,  when we leave I have used up just about everything.  

I am thinking I would need 5 propane tanks to equal the used gas?  I would rather take up a few propane tanks,  those gas cans sitting in the hot carolina sun really make me uncomfortable,  I do have them in the shade but still they swell up pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I picked up one for my Troy Bilt 5550 genny,  I know there are lots of variables,  does anyone have any idea how long a 20 lb tank would run it at wide open?  we go to the race every year and I take 4 5 gallon jugs of gas with me during the week I use 2,  its just me and I only run the A/C for a couple hours a day, usually WED to FRI,  and the race weekend we go through the other 2,  usually quiet time is at 10 PM so I run the genny from around 9 am to 9 PM saturday and sunday.

oh and I guess I should add it has a 5 gallon tank on the genny so really I have 25 gallons of gas we use during the week,  when we leave I have used up just about everything.  

I am thinking I would need 5 propane tanks to equal the used gas?  I would rather take up a few propane tanks,  those gas cans sitting in the hot carolina sun really make me uncomfortable,  I do have them in the shade but still they swell up pretty good.
View Quote

>>>Looking at the website, I think 6 hours on the short side, 8 hours tops.  I'm interested ,cuz I got a Craftsman.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
>>>Looking at the website, I think 6 hours on the short side, 8 hours tops.  I'm interested ,cuz I got a Craftsman.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks I looked but couldn't find the chart,  that is about what mine gets on gas, I guess ill find out next May.

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top