Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet again SF cost me more money......

I place order for 2 kits and asked for 2 of the switches for the EU2000.....  

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP, been wanting one of these for a long time!  Lucky I decided to troll arfcom before going to bed and got in right before the sale ends....FYI says it ends at midnight tonight!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, got mine ordered!

Thanks for the deal!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
As I mentioned in my thread, I had a couple issues with the Motor Snorkel's that I got at first.  US Carburetion was very helpful and got it all straightened out.  No issues now.  Good company to deal with.  It's ridiculously easy to install.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought a setup (various sources) including the tri-fuel kit from US carburetion. Warning-wall of text below.

The Tri-fuel kit I received came with a round gasket instead of the custom fit gasket pictured for the Yamaha EF3000ESIB (or  EF30ESIB). The air cleaner has a hole next to the carb mount for the breather tube crossing over from the valve cover. The issue is that the round gasket interferes with this opening. US carb tech support response to my inquiry was to cut the gasket. Fine, I did. The issue is that you have very little room for error. If you cut just right, there is an 1/8" or less of gasket remaining between the two openings. If you don't cut enough away, you will have the gasket pressing against the breather tube. This is an issue because the air cleaner hole seals against the outside of the breather tube. Gasket interference against the tube would cause a leak and you have unfiltered air into your engine. Because of the tight fits and placement this would be easy to miss.

I will put forward my rationale for the entire setup since members will likely be looking for the same information if they are looking for the propane setup. My situation is that I wanted a easy, safe efficient and reliable setup to power the family home when I'm working out of town.  My area can be prone to extended outages. If I don't have to interrupt my work, I'm not losing money so the initial expense is insurance against future losses. I expect it could run for a week(s) straight and could be refueled with a phone call to my propane supplier. I wouldn't need to worry about anyone handling gasoline. For this kind of money you are also getting into spitting distance of a basic stationary genset like the generac, fwiw.

I chose the Yamaha for the following reasons: Honda will void your warranty if you install a propane kit. I saw another propane kit vendor will provide a warranty but they become the single source for service. Yamaha will continue to warranty any issue not caused by the propane modification. I called and verified this. You can read Honda's warranty online for their void clause. The EF30ESIB comes with wheels if you care, the Honda wheels are an accessory purchased separately. Also, this particular model has a unique boost feature you can think of as a "hybrid" capability.   The inverter will use the battery to provide surge capacity above what the engine alone can provide. From reviews I've read it will start loads like RV air conditioners that the comparable Honda struggles with.

The EF30ESIB is the largest model with rope start and the smallest with electric start. My wife has arthritis in her hands and will use the electric (remote) start but if the battery should die, the pull start is very easy even for her and makes a great backup. The size is enough to run important appliances and electronics and the power is clean and safe unlike cheaper generators.

My propane kit install isn't finished because the regulator assembly mounts to the rear of the unit. It is fragile die cast aluminum and I want to fabricate a mount/guard strong enough to protect it from  the weight of the generator pushing against it, while transporting it for example. To make the system easy to use, I am utilizing the quick dis-connects (from US Carb) to make it easy to hook up both to the house line or to portable tanks (and the Barbecue to the house line). I also bought the remote kit but that will be installed last.

I decided to fit a street elbow turned upward from the regulator, reduced into a line valve, (when running on gasoline you want the propane feed closed especially if disconnected, and when not running for any extended period, its possible for propane to still flow) and the male QD fitting is then on top of the valve in the vertical position. The supply hose will have the female QD mounted on an elbow. This way the QD also becomes a swivel allowing the hose to feed  from any direction. This is another reason for me to brace everything though; tripping over the hose could destroy the regulator if it's not protected.

A few other comments about this set-up. Don't use this type of propane regulator inside any structure even if you vent the exhaust. It supplies propane balanced against atmospheric pressure and a structure can affect that because of wind pressure, doors etc. This can also contribute to propane flowing into the building when the generator is not running.

If tied to a house line, keep it as far from any possible openings that could introduce Carbon Monoxide especially with people sleeping inside. In fact, use a CO detector. People have died water skiing, don't assume anything about CO.

This is a vey quiet generator. Quiet is relative however and when it is the only noise around it is still audible hundreds of yards away. A quiet but audible generator is screaming $$$ to the wrong type of folks in a way that a champion doesn't. Between the Honda and Yamaha, one is quieter at low load and the other under full load. I don't remember which but I I'd think the noise under load is more important. It's a tossup to me. The reviews of RVer's comparing them side by side at a campground are what I'd pay attention to if that is important to you.

This generator has a 30 amp 110 twist lock and standard 110 outlets. I don't believe it will push the full 30 amps however. It will also supply 12 volts at 10 amps but not simultaneously and comes with a 12 volt cord. The manual contradicts itself, I think you can get away with a little DC drain while using AC.

I bought it from Wise sales with free shipping by FedEx freight IIRC and it arrived with forklift damage to the box. The generator was OK but it was close.

If you get this Yamaha, don't miss the 20 minutes electrolyte vent time. The battery ships dry but the filling procedure is surprisingly safe and easy. Also, if nobody mentioned it, run it on gasoline for a few hours to seat the rings before switching to propane. I've seen 2 to 4 hours recommended.

Propane quality can vary. It can contain moisture and there are filters available that might be worthwhile to keep contaminants from damaging your (my) investment. I'll eventually put one on. Also, if you utilize exchange tanks, know what you are getting. Instead of raising prices, suppliers underfill the tanks and sometimes put a tag on it so if you figure it out and get mad they will mail you several dollars. This could mean several hours less runtime per tank.

When you install the tachometer pickup wire, don't run it past the circuit board. Apparently it is running at 14,000 rpm.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey everyone. Thanks for the interest in our company over the weekend.  Our owner asked me to extend the sale for members of this forum, so the discount is extended through the next few days.  Thank you again and we are still monitoring this thread and can always be reached at [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey everyone. Thanks for the interest in our company over the weekend.  Our owner asked me to extend the sale for members of this forum, so the discount is extended through the next few days.  Thank you again and we are still monitoring this thread and can always be reached at [email protected].
View Quote

I got my invoice this morning, but it did not have the additional accessories I requested by email to go above the free shipping threshold. Emas have been sent, but would appreciate if you could follow up so that my snorkel is not shipped alone.

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got my invoice this morning, but it did not have the additional accessories I requested by email to go above the free shipping threshold. Emas have been sent, but would appreciate if you could follow up so that my snorkel is not shipped alone.

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635

Ok.  Will do. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

THANKS!

and thanks for your input here.

please keep in mind the site has very strict advertising rules on the forums. We would love to have you guys as a site sponsor!

not trying to slap you around just letting you know before we go from technical discussion to sales. i have several friends that run yours kits and ordered one for myself Saturday. you guys make an awesome product and we really do appreciate your input and help here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS!

and thanks for your input here.

please keep in mind the site has very strict advertising rules on the forums. We would love to have you guys as a site sponsor!

not trying to slap you around just letting you know before we go from technical discussion to sales. i have several friends that run yours kits and ordered one for myself Saturday. you guys make an awesome product and we really do appreciate your input and help here!

Thank you.  I definitely understand and respect the rules of your forum.  Sometimes it is a fine line in these situations between sales/support.  As a user of these forums and many like them, we understand the need to keep them free of spam!

I have actually requested rates in the past and I will reach out to Jorge again today.  Thank you again for this wonderful forum.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635

I see your support ticket in our ticketing system.  On one hand I'm super thrilled that our shipping system has reached Amazon.com like levels of efficiency- your order was already boxed and shipped when I got to the warehouse today, however we will ship the other accessories at no shipping charge plus give you a credit for your original shipping.  Our reps will respond to your emall with instructions.

Thank you for your interest in our company.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see your support ticket in our ticketing system.  On one hand I'm super thrilled that our shipping system has reached Amazon.com like levels of efficiency- your order was already boxed and shipped when I got to the warehouse today, however we will ship the other accessories at no shipping charge plus give you a credit for your original shipping.  Our reps will respond to your emall with instructions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Invoice # 52812

Order # 100003635

Thank you!  Great customer service!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks a lot for posting this.  I've been wanting to go propane for a while.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Just tried to order and price did not show a discount.  Is the deal over?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh thanks, I was bummed when I found this thread today and realized it was over. I don't know how I missed it as I'm currently in the market for this right now!

Generator: Mitsubishi MGE6700 w/ engine model GM401PN (391cc)
Do you have a kit for this? I'd like to be able to run off a propane tank or natural gas.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Hello,
I have a honda eu2000. In addition to the tri-fuel kit, what other attachments or accessories do I need for set up?
Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

awesome...I was working 10 hr days this weekend and didn't have time to make sure I could make this work at my place..a little more time helps a lot
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any info on the EM6500SX?  One of my gennys is a Honda EM6500SX, I see listed on the site models for the EM6500S OR the EM6500X BUT NOT a EM6500SX. Are these units compatible with the EM6500SX?

Thanks in advance, want to get the right one.
View Quote

I hate quoting myself and I know you guys may be busy but maybe the third try is the charm.  Any info for the Honda EM6500SX?  Would still like one if the sale is gtg for members here.  Will try an email also.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hello,
I have a honda eu2000. In addition to the tri-fuel kit, what other attachments or accessories do I need for set up?
Thank you.
View Quote

Hi Hollowhandle.  Most people want to get a propane hose/regulator so that they can attach to propane.  We have two, an NPSK-6 (6 foot hose) and an NPSK-12 (12 foot hose).  A lot of people choose to buy a quick disconnect set so that they don't have to screw the hose in and out all the time.  Finally, many people like adding an engine tachometer / hour meter so that they can fine tune their generator while it is running and also keep track of the total run time.

If you want to connect to natural gas there are other considerations such as how far away you are from the meter, etc (There are links and explanations in another reply I made to this thread).

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hate quoting myself and I know you guys may be busy but maybe the third try is the charm.  Any info for the Honda EM6500SX?  Would still like one if the sale is gtg for members here.  Will try an email also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any info on the EM6500SX?  One of my gennys is a Honda EM6500SX, I see listed on the site models for the EM6500S OR the EM6500X BUT NOT a EM6500SX. Are these units compatible with the EM6500SX?

Sorry I missed this.   If our customer support team hasn't gotten back to you, it's because we have had hundreds of inquires from the weekend sale that we ran and they are processing each support request as fast as they can.  The kit for the EM6500 that you found on our site works for your EM6500SX.  Just double check your generator to make sure that you have the GX390 Honda Engine (you do) and you will be all set.

Thanks for your interest in US Carb.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

place the order on the site. you can put in the model info and they will eitherr refund youur money of not available or send you the correct kit. thats what i did as my gen wasn't listed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

place the order on the site. you can put in the model info and they will eitherr refund youur money of not available or send you the correct kit. thats what i did as my gen wasn't listed.

And yes, our experienced technicians double check every single order to make sure that we are sending a snorkel that will fit your generator. If not, then our customer support reps will get in touch with you, offer you another option (our legacy style kits) or refund your money.  Thanks for the assist The_Beer_Slayer!!!

Thanks everyone and remember that we are actively answering emails at [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow, I ordered Sunday night and it was out the door yesterday with UPS delivery for Wed.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And yes, our experienced technicians double check every single order to make sure that we are sending a snorkel that will fit your generator. If not, then our customer support reps will get in touch with you, offer you another option (our legacy style kits) or refund your money.  Thanks for the assist The_Beer_Slayer!!!

Thanks everyone and remember that we are actively answering emails at [email protected].
View Quote
Had problems with info from my generators (I always manage to have odd-ball generators ), and Lisa was great to work with.

Top notch customer service!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wow, I ordered Sunday night and it was out the door yesterday with UPS delivery for Wed.  Thanks.
View Quote

Me to, shipped right away Monday a.m., so far these guys seem to be top notch.  It'll be nice in a week or so to see all the reviews/installs of everyone's kits!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#30]
FYSA those who may still want to order

US Carburetion offered to extend the sale for a few days (posted above).
Looks like they also updated several of their e-bay sales with the sales prices for the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Ordered today.  Been wanting one of these kits for a long time.  Great deal.  Kudos to US Carbs customer service!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Kinda bummed, I'm hearing this people say they ordered the 12th and have shipping notices..... maybe they just didn't send mine but I ordered on the 10th and have heard nothing since :\
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Holy smokes! Just seeing this.  I need to look when I get home to see which model I have.  Anyone know if the sale will last till tonight?

ETA: got it! Thanks US Carburetion!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kinda bummed, I'm hearing this people say they ordered the 12th and have shipping notices..... maybe they just didn't send mine but I ordered on the 10th and have heard nothing since :\
View Quote

Call them, both my orders have shipping notices already.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely, call them.

I didn't get my generator carburetor pics to them until Tuesday morning, and I had a shipping notification by Tuesday evening.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Holy smokes! Just seeing this.  I need to look when I get home to see which model I have.  Anyone know if the sale will last till tonight?

ETA: got it! Thanks US carbonation!
View Quote

It's "US Cardboard Nation" - Get it right, damnit!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: got it! Thanks US carbonation!

Damn phone....fixed
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#40]
US Carburetion:  I placed a quick order this morning as I was getting my kid ready using your selection tool. I have a Champion 3500w generator model 46593 with the 196cc engine. Your selection tool did not have the exact model number so I selected the 3500w Champion option and the "all engines" option. It occurred to me just now that this could be a universal kit that is not specific to my generator and may require drilling. Is this kit a "bolt on" for my Champion? Or did I misorder?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have a link  for how to do a Honda Eu2000?  

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link  for how to do a Honda Eu2000?  

View Quote

This is the one that comes up with the search tool.
(reposted from page 1)

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/motor-snorkel-tri-fuel-natural-gas-propane-and-gasoline-conversion-kit-3055.html
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice deal!  Going to order one for my Eu3000.  

So the install on these seems to be pretty straight forward? (All I did was watch the video on the US Carb site)
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I must have missed the shipping notice before the door bell just rang and there it was :) Now to get that damn transfer switch and this installed and I'll have myself a decent little setup
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I received my order today too.  That was some fast shipping since I ordered it late Sunday night.  I have to look at how to mount the regulator to my frame.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#47]
went ahead and ordered ...The meter is about 200ft away from the house but the tap for the gas dryer and the water heater are close ..I figure by the time it gets here I'll know enough to get it set up..With the interlock/inlet box already in place this should be a sweet setup
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I plan on mounting the high (usually at the bottle) and low pressure (the one in the kit) regulators together at the bottle, so the only thing at the generator itself will be the connection hose.
I'll use a QD fitting with a dust cap to protect it.
I think that would work really well for an EU2000i

ETA

I'm thinking of mounting the regulator similar to this video, off of the generator.
(just the regulator part - he's using air fittings as QDs which I don't think is a good idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8d9OTyyVsk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks OP. I bit. I'm in for one for my EU6500.  

I have mixed feelings about one for my EU2000.  I want to keep that unit light, small and very portable- The wife uses it tailgating more than I do.  If I had a winter storm the EU 6500 would be the one I would hook up to my home system on natural gas.  If we had a long term incident and the natural gas went down, we'd go to super stingy  battery mode. The EU2000 would be used sparingly with limited gasoline supplies to help support my ~300 watts of solar  panels I have.

I plan on mounting the high (usually at the bottle) and low pressure (the one in the kit) regulators together at the bottle, so the only thing at the generator itself will be the connection hose.
I'll use a QD fitting with a dust cap to protect it.
I think that would work really well for an EU2000i

ETA

I'm thinking of mounting the regulator similar to this video, off of the generator.
(just the regulator part - he's using air fittings as QDs which I don't think is a good idea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8d9OTyyVsk

Really excited to see this sale.  I have one kit (uninstalled though) for my EU2000 and I'm planning to pick up a 2nd one now as well for the paired generator.  I'd like to consider this option above though, to keep the Honda looking more or less "stock" when not connected to an alternate fuel source, and using a QD through the housing instead of a mounted regulator.  Any issues with this design?  I'm trying to figure out looking at the pics what else I'm going to need.  A couple more QDs and some more hose...  plus the Y fitting set up.  What else?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Dumb question.  Does natural gas / propane flow freely into the carb with one of these things or is there some kid of system that allows the generator to adjust the flow as needed?  If the engine dies will natural gas just overflow out the air cleaner?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Sweet deal,  Just ordered one for my HF Chicago Electric 5500w/6500w 13HP Generator.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top