BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in

I can bring a couple compliant ars an sks a 10/22 for anyone to play with

I have a truck so if anyone wants me to haul shit for them from the auburn/skaneateles area I have a 6.5 ft box to fill
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in

I have a truck so if anyone wants me to haul shit for them from the auburn/skaneateles area I have a 6.5 ft box to fill
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm in

fyi:
Quoted:
With so few people interested, and it being my last weekend off for the summer I am going to call off the camp out on my property, and switch gears to a more wilderness oriented camp out on a semi remote location on state land.

Hopefully those interested are willing to throw a pack on for an overnight and practice some wilderness/ bushcraft skills?

I am still going to bring a brick of 22LR, a 22 pistol and 22 rifle so we can still do a bit of plinking.

I hope this interests every one enough, to keep those that signed on still attending.

The location I have picked out is a bit further north, probably a 30min drive from the ADK North way.  If interested we will hike approximately a mile or so along a set of old railroad tracks, then up a short but steep climb to a remote pond where we will camp out for the night.  Nothing serious.  I would consider it a very easy hike.  There will be no rush so every one can go at their own pace.  It is a really cool area.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
At this point, if those who are going could send me a PM I will start putting a list together and update the OP.

Again, this get-together does require a 1~2 mile hike and primitive/ wilderness camping (no camp sites.)

I will probably be brining a couple different 22 pistols, and a rifle for plinking purposes.  

I am also going to bring a small fishing kit as we will be next to a little pond.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
At this point, if those who are going could send me a PM I will start putting a list together and update the OP.

Again, this get-together does require a 1~2 mile hike and primitive/ wilderness camping (no camp sites.)

I will probably be brining a couple different 22 pistols, and a rifle for plinking purposes.  

I am also going to bring a small fishing kit as we will be next to a little pond.
View Quote

No PMs of interest for a wilderness camp out...  Maybe its time to start planning for fall?

Any ways, we are still having some seriously cold temps.  Single digits last night and its still below 32 degrees right now, so I think even if it was going to happen at my place, its going to be wet, cold, or seriously muddy, or all of the above.  I still have almost 2 foot of hard packed snow/ ice on my seasonal rd and the next couple weeks still have nights well below freezing.

All the way out to Saturday April 11th the low is 31 degrees.  We are usually thawed by the end of April but I don't think that's going to be the case this year.

Could be borderline winter camping with the weather we have been having lately.

Here is my road:

Sorry guys?  Maybe this fall?  I don't get weekends off this summer, and most people work all week, but if for some reason any of you would be interested in a weekday camp out this summer let me know.  I burn most of my vacation time during hunting season so I hardly have any left to spare.    

That's the good 'ole Dacks for ya.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Another date might work for me.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
PM sent.  I'm in, regardless of weather.  Snowshoes ready if needed...  

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PM sent.  I'm in, regardless of weather.  Snowshoes ready if needed...  

View Quote

Sent you a reply.  If others are interested in getting out the weekend prior 04/25- 04/26 shoot me a PM.

-Due to weather and terrain conditions the camp out I originally planned for has been postponed until fall.

-Due to current lack of interest, the secondary planned remote camp is currently canceled, unless for some reason a bunch of arfcomers want in...  (I only received one PM to date.)

-I am however planning an outing the weekend prior on another forum so if your interested let me know and I can send you a link.  

-Hope for some better weather this fall...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top