Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:11:04 PM EDT
Can you show some examples of how your home first aid storage?

I have multiple first aid kits in different containers. Some of the containers are the original kit box and some are other containers (tackle box, equipment box, photography bag).

How do you store your first aid so it is easily accessed, transportable (to the front or back yard or another room in the house) and rapidly usable? My containers have tended to get overstuffed and unorganized. That makes them hard to use and it is more difficult to find what you need when you get in them.

Thanks in advance!!

Those that hammer their guns into plows will work for those who do not  Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
my house FAK is in a Craftsman tool box.... the car kit a 50cal size "dry box"... I have a separate trauma kit that clips on my "stroller"

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no ~ONE~ solution... Like investments, don't have you eggs in one basket. I like flexible bags over hard boxes. Overflow gets moved into bins, stored in accessible areas.

The M17 SF Medic Pack is tough, well made, and hold a lot. It can also be cinched down tight to make a tight, compact load. Can be thrown around if you pack it right...

I also use the small medic bags for in the RV and in home, along with the usual bathroom drawer stash of boo-boo-stuff...

I also use a spreadsheet that lists all my medical gear alphabetically, then a column shows what bag they are in and where that bag is located. I seal them in heat plastic and keep them with the kit, and one copy centralized in the house.

Rmpl
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Red (looks orange to me) Sea to Summit lightweight dry sack that goes in the bag I carry everyday or the pack that I take camping. I have the contents sorted into ziplock bags (gloves; otc meds; bandaids and alcohol wipes; etc.) so I can change the mix to match the activity. I've used the contents for minor stuff like cuts and head aches several times. Orange Pelican 1430 with shoulder strap for the home or a road trip - same type of organization, so that I can find what I need quickly. Orange Home Depot bucket with Gamma Seal lid for bulk storage at home. A potential drawback to these options is that you can't see everything in the container without taking some of the contents out. So, they have to be organized and you have to be familiar with the contents, but that goes for every first aid kit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Totes...medic bags on hangers for grab now.are the main shtf kits.like rmpl posted above.
Bandaid ouchy shit in the medicine cabinets...
Rest in ifaks...or larger bags in the cars ...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Big duffel bag for the bumps and bruises.

Bright green (it was on sale ) tool bag full of pockets for our OH SHIT bag. Only life saving supplies in there.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no ~ONE~ solution... Like investments, don't have you eggs in one basket. I like flexible bags over hard boxes. Overflow gets moved into bins, stored in accessible areas.

The M17 SF Medic Pack is tough, well made, and hold a lot. It can also be cinched down tight to make a tight, compact load. Can be thrown around if you pack it right...
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhXoR9_wX6akbhWnXUEuhY1QGIiRDDDlJaMy_eptMAKq8Oazu3

http://cdn.prepareyourgroundzero.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/fa110-m17-medic-bag-first-aid-kit-expanded.jpg

I also use the small medic bags for in the RV and in home, along with the usual bathroom drawer stash of boo-boo-stuff...
http://www.calarmy.com/105447.jpg

I also use a spreadsheet that lists all my medical gear alphabetically, then a column shows what bag they are in and where that bag is located. I seal them in heat plastic and keep them with the kit, and one copy centralized in the house.

Rmpl
View Quote

Would you mind sharing an example of your spreadsheet? if you don't mind email it or pm me with it. I would appreciate that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The one that goes in the truck on hunting and camping trips is in a cooler. Keeps things from getting smashed. The house kit is in a cabinet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I am using a Container store waterproof tote . It has held up pretty well and they come in several sizes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top