Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 12:40:37 PM EDT
With site closing what's the best place left to find fish azithromycin?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Best? What criteria are you using to decide that.

Try here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
To me best = Most reputable, know U.S. If possible, sites other have used and trust.

And no luck with azithromycin there that I can see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's one but I have no experience with them:

Aquabiotics
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ebay has all sorts of stuff...  

I'm getting ready to order a 1 1/2  inch plus fine thread tap and die to chase the threads on the mast attachment for our BO forklift, that we are partially rebuilding, due to a little bitty O-ring that failed causing hydraulic fluid to leak,  [most likely from different sellers] and it would cost a FORTUNE else where...  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ebay has all sorts of stuff...  
View Quote

On that note it looks like on eBay there are a couple different routes to go.
1. Fishlife branded that claims "made in usa," However google search shows a previous purchaser tracked to TO Group Thailand, a registered pharmaceutical manf. But who knows now.
2. European drugs. Labeled as Azithrin ("azithrimyacin dehydrate equivalent to azitrimyacin 250mg.)
3. India made labeled as "article-250" in six piece blister packs.
4. Asian manufacture (seller claims same country of origin as Thomas Labs).

Any input as to these options or specific ebay sellers? Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure you will get many replies, nowdays. Most of the sellers that have helped us in the past with our fish are not selling anymore, and we haven't had any experience with the current ones. I can say that the AB that I have purchased for my fish have been very effective, but I bought them a couple of years ago. If I were you, I'd pick the best looking seller, and give it a shot. Not much else to choose from.

I wouldn't wait too long, as it seems resources are drying up one by one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Folks would be amazed to see how many of their different meds come from India...

A HUGE pharma industry...

As well as many other countries.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody ordered from all day chemist recently?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Aquabiotics
View Quote

These guys are GTG IMO.

Good luck with Alldaychemist too, although shipping is slow and steep.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Aquabiotics
View Quote
Have one order from them. Haven't used them yet, but they are made in India. Seller was good. Shipped promptly, and arrived intact. Was a fresh crop, nothing close to out dated.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Folks would be amazed to see how many of their different meds come from India...

View Quote
Yeah, I was going to say "affordable" (not even inexpensive, but can you buy it?) and "Made in the USA" is a pipe-dream.

Just not going to happen.

A significantly large portion of the meds and products used for all sorts of stuff, hygiene, medicine, food, etc. come from outside the United States.  That's just the truth. Plus, where in the US is there someone harvesting tomatoes?  How about bananas?  Do you cease eating tomatoes in spring when there couldn't possibly be any significant number harvested?  Do you EVER eat bananas?

The antibiotics used for fish come off the same lines as the generics used for human use, and they come from factories in Asia.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
On this note, anywhere to source non-AB stuff like this? My fish has very sensitive skin, err, scale, and occasionally has a severe reaction to some things he comes into contact with. It's always the same story, it happens Friday evening, and the weekend is miserable (or I pay $350+ for an ER visit for my fish). And when my fish does get medical attention it's always the same thing, Prednisone... it would be really convenient to have some on-hand just in case it happens on a weekend... but sourcing it is hard...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On this note, anywhere to source non-AB stuff like this? My fish has very sensitive skin, err, scale, and occasionally has a severe reaction to some things he comes into contact with. It's always the same story, it happens Friday evening, and the weekend is miserable (or I pay $350+ for an ER visit for my fish). And when my fish does get medical attention it's always the same thing, Prednisone... it would be really convenient to have some on-hand just in case it happens on a weekend... but sourcing it is hard...
View Quote

I took my fish to a Dr that did a bunch of lab tests and helped me come up with a self sustainable lifestyle for our fish that allowed us to cut out 90% of all meds and would prevent early onset of coronary artery disease and diabetes.
He helped with all our fish preps
He thought that all the beans and rice preppers would become diabetics within a few years and die miserably deaths with out modern medical services.

It was glutten causing the scale problems and no more prednisone needed
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I took my fish to a Dr that did a bunch of lab tests and helped me come up with a self sustainable lifestyle for our fish that allowed us to cut out 90% of all meds and would prevent early onset of coronary artery disease and diabetes.
He thought that all the beans and rice preppers would become diabetics within a few years and die miserably deaths with out modern medical services.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think my fish is being a glutton, it's definitely an allergic reaction to topical exposure to certain substances. We've narrowed down some of the substances but with every new reaction we discover more "suspect" substances. It's been an ongoing thing for a few years now, happens about once every 4-6 months and when it does happen it's pretty bad (major swelling etc). Just looking for a gap-filler for the next time this happens on a weekend (it happened on a weekend both of the last 2 times it's happened) to avoid emergency fish-doctor expenses (emergency expenses result in much higher charges to the fish-owner than if it were regular weekly fish-doctor charges).
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, aren't fishes supposed to have scales?     I is confused.  

Zpacks seem to be the hardest fishmeds to find.   It looks like someone cracked down on it.    Still available on ebay for a premium, but I'm ost this in case anyone has a verifiable source.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Early bird gits the worm...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#18]
The only thing that has kept me from thinking of ordering is the shelf life.

What would someone take for knocking out a bad cold or flu?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Walmart pharmacy sells a lot of generics from India.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-norman/india-wal-marts-drug-conn_b_108466.html
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but campingandsurvival.com has a good selection and very easy to order + free shipping
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Aquabiotics
View Quote

Ended up going with them. US seller and they at least they disclose what the manufacturer is of each med. Even offer a choice of Indian and a Thailand on azithromycian. We shall see but already got a shipping notice usps priority.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but campingandsurvival.com has a good selection and very easy to order + free shipping
View Quote

No azithromycin though. Thomas Labs manufacture on what they do sell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know if this is close to what you want or not.

Take a look.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Antibiotics wont work on virus's
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomato tamato, let's just use the term 'sick' then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are joking right? You just don't use antibiotics if you are "sick".
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:17:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Expiry dates are meaningless if sored with common sense.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sometimes work on 'complications' caused by viruses.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Aquabiotics
View Quote

I have used them and they have great products.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]
CampingSurvival.com

Don't know if the prices are a good value or what the quality is of the meds they sell as I've never bought fish meds from them or anyone. All I know is they sell them (they mention them in nearly every "specials" email I get from them!), I've bought other things from Camping Survival before, and am a happy customer.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but a prophylactic against secondary infection is one more level of complication that could cause more problems than good.  Being a pretty strong libertarian, I have no problem with folks getting and using antibiotics for a disaster and such, but buying antibiotics to just use them willy nilly without a consultation with an expert (i.e. Medical doctor) when it is possible is just silly. And the number of folks I run into who SWEAR they were miraculously cured by taking even Dr. prescribed antibiotics when listening to what they say and knowing what is going around there was a good chance they simply had a virus tells me that 99% of the folks out there are not willing to do the necessary research to understand what they are doing--and yes, doctors over prescribe rather than try to inform the patient, because of the above--the patients do not want to hear science stuff.

I still don't want the government stopping them, but it is like owning a gun and not bothering to learn how to use it properly.

Oh, and I am not a Medical Dr., I am the Fudd kind, so this is not about drumming up business.

I know this has been kicked around before, but just wanted to put up a reminder for the new guys.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#32]
My fish are healthy, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I miss aquatic pharmacy.  Rumor is/was they were relocating and reopening.  Don't know if that is true or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top