Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

leafinthewind, Cag40Navy....log out and log back in.....welcome to GOLD! Merry Christmas!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cag40Navy- Make sure you open EVERY POCKET!
And as promised, the guys that ran this get a membership bump from me. So....decide; upgrade or extension?

leafinthewind, Cag40Navy....log out and log back in.....welcome to GOLD! Merry Christmas!

I am continually grateful for the generosity and integrity of the SF members....y'all make me proud to be counted in your ranks.  THANK YOU NICKDS!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I am continually grateful for the generosity and integrity of the SF members....y'all make me proud to be counted in your ranks.  THANK YOU NICKDS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cag40Navy- Make sure you open EVERY POCKET!
And as promised, the guys that ran this get a membership bump from me. So....decide; upgrade or extension?

Ill second that! Thank you very much sir! Ill get a picture taken of your gift and your gift(s) will be shipped tomorrow and hopefully to you before Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has taken its place under the tree until Christmas morning.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine has taken its place under the tree until Christmas morning.
View Quote

Same here. I'm up 2 - 3 hours before anybody else in my house. That is a great time to sip coffee and open my arfcom SF present.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
There are some circumstances here that I couldn't put this under the tree till Christmas so I have opened mine up already. I am still wet behind the ears to prepping and this is a huge help to prepping. I look forward to training with my stuff and getting to know better and building upon what I have been given here. As I was taking the pictures, I was still finding stuff hidden in here. Thank you very much again Nick. I look forward to building upon this.

Oh... and the headlamp... I turned it on and looked straight into it. I can still see spots. its bright.

Backpack...

and its contents...

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are some circumstances here that I couldn't put this under the tree till Christmas so I have opened mine up already. I am still wet behind the ears to prepping and this is a huge help to prepping. I look forward to training with my stuff and getting to know better and building upon what I have been given here. As I was taking the pictures, I was still finding stuff hidden in here. Thank you very much again Nick. I look forward to building upon this.

Oh... and the headlamp... I turned it on and looked straight into it. I can still see spots. its bright.

Backpack...

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss353/raptoreaglephotos/100_2924.jpg

and its contents...

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss353/raptoreaglephotos/100_2923.jpg
View Quote

Holy HELL!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Very Nice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

View Quote

Damn that is a tough standard to meet , Very nice
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

either he went over the $50 or was hitting all those amazon deals
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Received a second package in the mail today from mustangracer.

Can't wait till Christmas morning. I might even pick up some french vanilla creamer for the morning coffee!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my package in the mail and waiting for at least Christmas eve
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got my package in the mail and waiting for at least Christmas eve
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can't wait till Christmas morning. I might even pick up some french vanilla creamer for the morning coffee!
View Quote

Woo, getting all fancy now
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

View Quote

Dadgum!  Care to list those contents?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aw shucks....

My motto is "when it is for me, price is no object. As long as it is $ 5.00 or less!"
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Last package arrived.  

Contained the book - The Dehydrators bible.

Quoted:
Got my gift today .,,  

Yeah I opened it as soon as I walked in the door.

sweet little dehydrator set up along with a jerky gun  !!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Last package arrived.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Last package arrived.  

Quoted:
Got my gift today .,,  

no that's not the last package. Have had the flu all week. The last package will hopefully go out tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#19]
  I hope your as happy with yours as I am with mine

Quoted:

no that's not the last package. Have had the flu all week. The last package will hopefully go out tomorrow.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last package arrived.  

Quoted:
Got my gift today .,,  

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Package arrived today from a fulfillment center, not sure what it is and if I should wait until Christmas to open in case it's from my partner.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

I think the guys (and gals) here would love a play by play.
I can attest to the fact that there is a portable shower and camp towel in there.
Did you find the bug spray?

Partner informed me my gifts are running late. As a student traveling home for Christmas break I completely understand the delay. I need to email him tomorrow.
My life has changed dramatically for the better over the past few years.
I view the opportunity to help someone as a chance to "pay it forward."
My hope is that as we all move through our professional and personal lives we reflect on all of the hard work and sacrifice that it took to allow us to be successful.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." (Newton)

I have had a lot of help along the way and am eternally grateful.
We, as a like minded forum, have a unique opportunity to reach out and help each other on occasion. I am thankful that I was given that opportunity again.
Merry Christmas to all of my SF friends.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I can attest to the fact that there is a portable shower and camp towel in there.

Partner informed me my gifts are running late. As a student traveling home for Christmas break I completely understand the delay. I need to email him tomorrow.
My hope is that as we all move through our professional and personal lives we reflect on all of the hard work and sacrifice that it took to allow us to be successful.

We, as a like minded forum, have a unique opportunity to reach out and help each other on occasion. I am thankful that I was given that opportunity again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Backpack...

and its contents...

Lets see... Portable Shower, I did find the bug spray. Id have to get it all out and look again so I can get a list together later. Thank you again Nick. I may be bugging you through email as to how to continue building upon this as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Opened my give this morning since it's Christmas eve is what we agreed on
All of my things were individually wrapped!

And here they are opened!

Thanks so much mrbear! Hope you enjoy your gifts!

Ps whats the square orange thing in the middle?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/23rpoxs.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/nd5y86.jpg

View Quote

it's a micro sharpener, the cover pops off so you can use the whole stone.

And wow, thanks for the great assortment of goodies..I'll postup a pict soonish. I had a brand new nalgene water bottle and nesting cup that fits perfect in the bottle carrier!

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And wow, thanks for the great assortment of goodies..I'll postup a pict soonish. I had a brand new nalgene water bottle and nesting cup that fits perfect in the bottle carrier!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i60.tinypic.com/23rpoxs.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/nd5y86.jpg

Ohhh ok that explains it. I popped it off and maybe you could start a fire with it but no sparks hahahaha.

You're welcome buddy. I figured most have water figured out by now but havent got a way to transport a decent amount on them and those 5.11 carriers are great to carry it
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Last package arrived.  

Quoted:
Got my gift today .,,  

I'm sure I will. I thought I had included the Bible with the initial order.The kids keep bugging me about opening the packages on the island. Staying the course this year.

Anyway your last package will arrive Saturday.  Sorry about the delay.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ttlph0t0graphy, Sent you an additional gift you should receive it before Christmas. Did you receive the first package yet?
View Quote

Both boxes have arrived and can't wait til early tomorrow morning while I open them in the calm before "the storm"

Did my box arrive on your end of things?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Merry Christmas everybody. Got my gift from tabraha this morning. A solar phone charger and life straw. Win win! Heading out tomorrow morning to go camping until New Year's Eve and will put the solar charger to good use.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Opened  my gifts from leafinthewind!

I will post pictures later today!!! I hope he liked my gifts as much as I liked his!!!!!

Merry Christmas all!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Santa!

Mora Knife-

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Merry Christmas everybody. Got my gift from tabraha this morning. A solar phone charger and life straw. Win win! Heading out tomorrow morning to go camping until New Year's Eve and will put the solar charger to good use.
View Quote
Robie hooked us up as well. Thank you!

Headlamp, some Mountain House, sharpening tool, solar blanket, first aid kit and a flashlight for each kid!

Eta forgot my favorite part, a cardsharp!

<pic>

Oops iPotato put my pic in Robies quote lol. I need more coffee evidently.

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I opened mine this morning . , No pictures at the moment
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I got a bivy, bailout bag, life straw, trauma bandages, cat tournicate and an opinel #6.  Amazing Christmas, thank you Riggins!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Happy Birthday baby Jesus and a big thank you to gettingstarted. Got me set up with a sweet  UV-5 ham radio and book. Looks like I'll be hanging out in the Ham radio forum.

I'll post up pics pretty soon.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Come on guys!  Show us the loot!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Come on guys!  Show us the loot!
View Quote

I will when it gets here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#37]
You should have one more package coming in   ( programming cable for using Chirp )  { do not use the program that the cable comes with }   I can attest that once I had everything  hooked up I was able to program my radio in seconds .      

Quoted:
Happy Birthday baby Jesus and a big thank you to gettingstarted. Got me set up with a sweet  UV-5 ham radio and book. Looks like I'll be hanging out in the Ham radio forum.

I'll post up pics pretty soon.

Merry Christmas everyone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Opened  my gifts from leafinthewind!

I will post pictures later today!!! I hope he liked my gifts as much as I liked his!!!!!

Merry Christmas all!!
View Quote

Opened mine from dayphotog....LOVE IT!!!!

It was an ammo can.... from the outside...

From the inside!!!

Thank you for an awesome gift exchange!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Good morning friends and fellow arfcommers. I received an amazing Christmas present from mustangracer. I was for the most part a deadbug yesterday so I did not take pictures or spend much time on line. This morning I got up and arranged everything and use the ipotato to take a picture. I have tried to resize it, so this may or may not work. Here goes....

From Left to right. Home made coconut oil soap, home made beeswax lotion bar, Sawyer mini water filtration system, to the right of the orange box is a backpackers stove, the stove folds up and stores in the orange box. I thought I had a fuel canister for it, but it must be in the bedroom closet. Behind the stove is a first aid kit in an air tight bag (I love this idea) and then we have home made spice mix and a home made rub. Last but not least in the center of the picture is a Mora knife. This knife has a magnesium fire steel built into the handle. If you look close at the blade, you can tell that I threw a couple of sparks with it.

There will be changes made to my GHB.

Thank you mustangracer, it was a real pleasure.

And a big thanks to the organizers of the gift exchange!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
You as well my friend, I'm glad you liked it.  Let me know how you like the stuff I made.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#41]
My gift from leafinthewind was individually wrapped in mylar. They were numbered in order to open!

this is what was inside!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
ttlph0t0graphy,
Package arrived last Tuesday and I want to thank you for the gifts. If you have any additional request please feel free to contact me.

Have a Happy safe holidays to you and your family!
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#43]

My partner, Rscott2214 treated me unbelievably well.

Battleware plate carrier with soft armor ballistic inserts and hard armor ceramic plates creating a rating for 7.62 x 51 ball ammo...

Steiner Predator Xtreme 8x22 waterproof binoculars and coyote Mechanix gloves

I know this isn't a competition, but boys I feel like I won.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#44]

My Santa this year is pretty efficient, I've had my box of swag sitting underneath the tree for over a week now. Decided to wait until I was at work and able to enjoy opening the box. Finally got the chance tonight.

Some heavy duty biners.
Forceps and surgical scissors.
En bloc clips (he must have heard somewhere that my first true love is the Garand)
It's kinda funny cause every time I moved the box, the clips rattled inside. And every time they rattled I giggled.
A canvas Garand sling.
A Mora knife
A little belt knife (that's pretty badass)
A tee shirt from his FD

All in all I think I made out pretty damn good.
Thanks Jimmy. You've still got two more packages coming...
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Glad it arrived before Christmas. Never know with the USPS this time of year.
I too want to thank you for your gifts. They filled in nicely with a kit we're building for my wife.
I am traveling for a few more days but will be posting some pics here as soon as we get back home and i can get some good shots taken.
Many thanks for making my 1st arfcom gift exchange a huge bucket of fun!!!!

Quoted:
ttlph0t0graphy,
Package arrived last Tuesday and I want to thank you for the gifts. If you have any additional request please feel free to contact me.

Have a Happy safe holidays to you and your family!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My partner, Rscott2214 treated me unbelievably well.

Battleware plate carrier with soft armor ballistic inserts and hard armor ceramic plates creating a rating for 7.62 x 51 ball ammo...

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y534/mongocaver/100_0339_zps28661280.jpg

Steiner Predator Xtreme 8x22 waterproof binoculars and coyote Mechanix gloves

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y534/mongocaver/100_0340_zpsdddc2fce.jpg

I know this isn't a competition, but boys I feel like I won.

View Quote

That is pretty darn generous.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I will post pics when my stuff arrives.
The anticipation is killing me!
(I knew it was not going to make it in time and that was fine with me.)
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Got my stuff from Hiram. Thx. Sorry your box will be post Xmas
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Opened my package from my partner on Christmas and received some great stuff: Came in this and the inside was stuffed full with: and
Thank you very much to those who put this on !! Had a really fun time and hope everyone here has a safe and great new year !!
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Last package received.

( first  I had no idea a 50 cal ammo can fit inside a USPS box )

Inside the 50 cal ammo can   renamed to MAN CAN

1. A SOG field pub fixed blade knife with sheath
2. A Lansky Blade medic knife sharpener
3. A Inova mircro LED light
4. A Jerky cure seasoning - Mesquite Blend
5. A Jerky cure seasoning - Original blend
6. Bacon salt
7  Ten MRE heaters

POG926   I salute you and thank you , and once I get over this nasty chest cold I have developed I will be working on some home made beef jerky !

Quoted:

I'm sure I will. I thought I had included the Bible with the initial order.The kids keep bugging me about opening the packages on the island. Staying the course this year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Last package arrived.  

Quoted:
Got my gift today .,,  

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top