Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2014 10:00:46 PM EDT
So with Ebola becoming more wide spread, how do you plan to improvise or adapt current gear to DECON purposes?

trash bags and saran wrap for body protection? disposable ponchos maybe?
stock pile bleach? Or maybe use a pool chlorine mixture to supplement bleach preps?

basically I want to know what I could use if the store bought stuff is unavailable.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have some potentially useful ideas for advanced PPE and expedient treatment 'devices' and if the issue warrants, will share them in good time...

One item that might be useful and avail used, but with a week or 2 lead time, and doesn't meet your decon criteria but might be useful if you plan on treating yourself or others...

Is a used Oxygen Concentrator.

YMMV, and the Med Turf Folks will likely have some 'interesting' comments...  

PS- You might want to change the title of your topic to the subject matter you wish discussed...

Just makes common sense...  

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Might not help much, but tomorrow Im heading to town to reload on bleach, rubber gloves, and other general prep stuff.  Ive got a pretty good stock right now of most of what I need to just bug in for an extended time, so I just need to stock up on some decon items just in case I need to go to town for something.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
More wide spread?...in the US?  Isn't it something like 2-3 people total that have it?

Now if we were in West Africa, then I'm shittin bricks.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More wide spread?...in the US?  Isn't it something like 2-3 people total that have it?

-Emt1581
View Quote

I am going with this. It is not wide spread yet.

BUT now is the time to prepare, not when it does become widespread.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-Emt1581

Beans, lots of beans. Fill the holes in your BUG IN plan NOW, not later.

Not fear mongering, but you want to be a few steps ahead of the people before you need to start a topic that headlines with: "OK, I am going to face the ebola zombie horde, of what is left the shelves, what is worth risking my life for?".

Or just buy into the CDC and everything is peachy, return to your regularly scheduled keeping up with the kardashpeople.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
its going to have to start spreading more rapidly or go airborne etc for me to get all freaked about it

there are many more viruses in the US right now that are infecting and killing more people than ebola
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:17:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

This is key. If it becomes anything remotely near what could be considered widespread in the US, there will be stupid panic. Quietly get ahead of it. I'm hitting Costco this weekend, and I'll be honest: it's Ebola inspired. I'd a whole lot rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.  There are scenarios where I want to have options, and getting ahead of it is the only way to preserve some of those options.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been increasing the food stocks and OTC meds, mainly because a) Flu season is approaching, b) yeah, Ebola worries are part of it.  I figure if I can minimize the number of times I have to step into a grocery store/BJs/Target/Walmart, etc, this season the better.  

The weak links are the wife's work and the kid's school.  Otherwise, we could pretty easily hunker down and not expose ourselves very much for a while.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#9]
OK title updated.

Wide spread is kinda relative as the last patient traveled by air from Dallas to Cleavland  and that plane was flown 5 more times before it was taken out of service. The airline says they "cleaned and disinfected the plane" but if you have ever been on a plane some seats are still friggin warm when you get in them so I am not to confident on the "cleaning" that was done and the chance of something spreading.

Now maybe if someone would say that in X amount of time in air the virus dies, then I'd be more relaxed, but so much is unknown.

Better to be prepared than be afraid.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

-Emt1581
View Quote

Well it wasn't even in the US a couple months ago; and with 2 infected in the minimum of the incubation period, How many people did these two come in contact with before they were quarantined?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you been worrying about tuberculosis? Because it's been a far greater threat to you for years than Ebola is now.

More Americans are being killed by dairy cows than are contracting Ebola. More Americans have walked on the moon. If that changes, then I'll start to worry.

Americans don't live the way that Africans live. Well, most Americans, anyway. Families tend not to all sleep in the same bed, or handle corpses, etc. So it's very unlikely that Ebola will become epidemic here.

Now, IF Ebola evolves and becomes airborne, the risk changes dramatically. Wake me up then.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]
If you aren't ready for Ebola then you weren't ready for Katrina 2 or any other nontrivial weather, health, or job related disaster.

If Ebola is the catalyst to get you to make some basic preparations towards self-reliance, that's great, everyone starts sometime. If you were reasonably prepared, as I hope most people on this forum already are, there's little to do specifically for pandemic preparation.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Just continue to prepare as always.  

If Ebola does go widespread, I highly doubt that we as individuals are going to be able to manage or treat, so the need for full PPE at home seems a low priority of preps.  The only real way to control this is distance, stay away from everyone.  Total isolation.  You must also be lucky enough to have a clean group, in that no-one brings it with them into your isolation.  While that is impractical for most people, it is the only true way of being safe.  Well maybe you could walk around in full hazmat, but that is not realistic.

As for treating infected family, that is going to be really tough at home.  With semi-trained hospital staff not fairing well, I doubt we could do better at home.  A better plan may be how to totally isolate an individual who may be infected so as not to have contact with your group.  As well as a means for burial / disposal of the infected.  While this seems as cold hearted and distant, we only need to look at Africa to see it modern day.

Just be vigilant as always, stay away from crowds, wash hands, etc..
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If Ebola does go widespread, I highly doubt that we as individuals are going to be able to manage or treat, so the need for full PPE at home seems a low priority of preps.  The only real way to control this is distance, stay away from everyone.  Total isolation.  You must also be lucky enough to have a clean group, in that no-one brings it with them into your isolation.  While that is impractical for most people, it is the only true way of being safe.  Well maybe you could walk around in full hazmat, but that is not realistic.

As for treating infected family, that is going to be really tough at home.  With semi-trained hospital staff not fairing well, I doubt we could do better at home. A better plan may be how to totally isolate an individual who may be infected so as not to have contact with your group.  As well as a means for burial / disposal of the infected.  While this seems as cold hearted and distant, we only need to look at Africa to see it modern day.Just be vigilant as always, stay away from crowds, wash hands, etc..
View Quote

This right here is why I asked. If it does become wide spread and you have a family member that contracts it, how do you plan to clean and disinfect? You can't depend on there being a service that is going to come out and clean everything for you,  so what can you do with what you have?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have you been worrying about tuberculosis? Because it's been a far greater threat to you for years than Ebola is now.

More Americans are being killed by dairy cows than are contracting Ebola. More Americans have walked on the moon. If that changes, then I'll start to worry.

Americans don't live the way that Africans live. Well, most Americans, anyway. Families tend not to all sleep in the same bed, or handle corpses, etc. So it's very unlikely that Ebola will become epidemic here.

Now, IF Ebola evolves and becomes airborne, the risk changes dramatically. Wake me up then.

View Quote

very true. and why I can see it spreading faster in the US
in Africa long distance travel is minimal. in the US hundreds of thousands routinely
fly all over the country within hours. depending on how far along she was history may
remember the name "Ebola Amber". she traveled through two major airports crossing the nation in the space of a day.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

in Africa long distance travel is minimal. in the US hundreds of thousands routinely

fly all over the country within hours. depending on how far along she was history may

remember the name "Ebola Amber". she traveled through two major airports crossing the nation in the space of a day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It isn't travel that is causing it to spread in Africa, it is sanitation.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This right here is why I asked. If it does become wide spread and you have a family member that contracts it, how do you plan to clean and disinfect? You can't depend on there being a service that is going to come out and clean everything for you,  so what can you do with what you have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for treating infected family, that is going to be really tough at home.  With semi-trained hospital staff not fairing well, I doubt we could do better at home. A better plan may be how to totally isolate an individual who may be infected so as not to have contact with your group.  As well as a means for burial / disposal of the infected.  While this seems as cold hearted and distant, we only need to look at Africa to see it modern day.Just be vigilant as always, stay away from crowds, wash hands, etc..

This is the 64 dollar question.  Kill it with fire may be the only solution... I know it is an arfcom idea but it may hold some water.   I would not risk entering an area with a bottle of clorox and a sponge and calling it clean.  I tend to think that if a family member has it, it may already be to late for the rest of the family as exposure has occured before we realize what we are dealing with.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Chlorine is the most easily obtained and reliable chemical for sterilization, although most people do not expose surfaces or items long enough to allow full sterilization.

For full sterilization of items, they should be exposed to a 2% sodium hypochlorite solution for 20minutes. This will destroy prions and other resistant pathogens, all of which are much more hearty than the Ebola virion.

The lack of proper sanitation, modern medicine, overall ignorance and the growing refusal to acknowledge the dangers of Ebola and it's transmission methods are the reason it is thriving in Africa.

Even with the higher amount of travel in the US, our common sanitation practices, overall access to (and acceptance of) healthcare, and lack of contact with natural carriers would make an Africa style outbreak highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#19]
went to a few places yesterday to stock up.
Ebola was on everyone mind where ever I went. lots of people already coming in and buying out gear.
even Menard's was cashing in, rearranging their displays with masks and such out in the isles.
got bleach (menards nearly sold out)
some more P100 cartridges for my gas mask.
trash bags
duct tape
gloves
goggles
several chemical suits.

filled all fuel cans and vehicles.

even if Ebola goes nowhere, we may be SHTF because of panic as it is.
but yes. stock up now. if in a week they announce that 10 people were infected by Ebola Amber it will be too late.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Adding to my food. What else can you really do? Worst case there will be travel restrictions and possible supply chain interruptions.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I am currently reading The Hot Zone and that book is leaving a knot in my stomach like no other book I have ever read. The obstetric clinic description alone was... well I don't think I know an adjective to describe it, nauseatingly bad just doesn't seem to cover it.

I knew in a general sense what it did to you, but that book gives detailed descriptions of what it does to you. I think I would rather be taken out back and put down like old yella than die like that. Sweet Jesus I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Anyway, according to the book the way the outlying villages dealt with it was to isolate the village from the outside world by blocking roads and guarding the village to insure nobody got in. Then they put the infected people in a single hut on the outskirts of the village and burned it and them to ash when all the sick people died. Or in arfcom speech isolate yourself and kill it with fire.

Tonight I am making a run to get more bleach and rubber gloves as we have gotten low on each.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]
People are popping up everyday with it. People entering the country on flights. Also it seems everytime you turn on the news a health care worker who was taking care of someone else with it contracted it.

On a side note I think it was on the news that once you get it you cant get it a second time. There was something about a nurse getting a blood transfusion with a doctors blood who survived it. I may be wrong here ill look for a news link
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Kids homeschool so they are pretty safe if things start going south but not sure what it would take to get out of going to work while keeping my job so working a plan to isolate myself from them.  Thinking camping out at the end of the driveway for a period of time to ensure, well, yea.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I can stay home awhile if needed
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
People are popping up everyday with it. People entering the country on flights. Also it seems everytime you turn on the news a health care worker who was taking care of someone else with it contracted it....
View Quote

There have been three cases in the US: the patient who died in Dallas and two of his nurses.

Five health care workers were evacuated from Africa to the US for treatment. One turned out not to have Ebola, three have recovered and been released, and one is still in the hospital.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There have been three cases in the US: the patient who died in Dallas and two of his nurses.

Five health care workers were evacuated from Africa to the US for treatment. One turned out not to have Ebola, three have recovered and been released, and one is still in the hospital.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People are popping up everyday with it. People entering the country on flights. Also it seems everytime you turn on the news a health care worker who was taking care of someone else with it contracted it....

Went and spoiled everything...

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]
So if you happen to come across someone who is infected, and they start running toward you screaming for help.... clean shoot or is there a duty to retreat?

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So if you happen to come across someone who is infected, and they start running toward you screaming for help.... clean shoot or is there a duty to retreat?

-Emt1581

View Quote

do they have a sign that says "hands up dont shoot"?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

-Emt1581

View Quote
Depends on your state self defense laws.

Several states give justification as "fear for your life" which would easily justify stopping someone contagious from assaulting you and infecting you.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

-Emt1581

View Quote

A lethal threat is a lethal threat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Watching the news on this is depressing.  Its like Jerry Falwell's "God's revenge to the unholy" its so full of political BS and lies.  

Yesterday, "Ride on a bus with Ebola" CDC head told congress our official policy on this is to defeat Ebola in Africa and cancelling flights in from the region or requiring medical interviews would hamper that effort.  Meanwhile, lock and steps are now focusing on this virus is transmitted by blood like you have to have anal sex while the nurse in TX has been transported to a special contagion containment hospital half a country away.  All this without a soul mentioning HIV doesn't make you bleed.  

How stupid do they think we are?   Its like nobody has ever had vomit in their throat or coughed up congestion and we're too stupid to know both our lungs and our stomachs are attached to our mouths.  So here we are talking of airborne or not when a sneeze can create enough force for a 100 mph wind which would blow a 2x4 or send a Pepsi can like a bullet.  I think we should put Freden on his bus full of Ebola patients.  

There's only one plan for Ebola, isolation.  That's it.  Average Joe is not going to be able to afford the gear to deal with even treating a family member.  This is suit up, no cracks, movie stuff wit decontamination showers, furnace disposal of anything that touched the patient, and positive pressure rooms.  I worked in a clinical microbiology lab for years in the Military and I couldn't even begin to be prepared to be in close proximity with this bug. This is stay the hell away from it stuff if there ever was.  Our hospitals can't handle this bug let alone us at home.  That's why this is a family killer.  Africans aren't totally stupid walk into the jaws of hell like they have no idea in the world.  They're doing everything they can and still dying.  

o this is get your shit together, put your ear to the ground, pull the plug and stay home shit.  The more you limit your exposure, the better your odds.  That means the threshold of when to pull the plug is critical, but it also means its going to be in degrees not life is normal till its pull the plug.  I don't know about you but I'm not going to Africa anytime soon.  Hell, I'm not going to Disney World or for that matter any vacation spot that's  mulch-cultural with people from all over the world and that's the threat right now is at its lowest level after knowing there is a threat.  What I'm getting at here is we're going to react to this in degrees of isolation.  Some people life will be close to normal and may never ever see this threat.  Others, we need to adapt a little.  As time goes on, maybe a little more.  I pray not pull the plug stay at home 100% for that indeed would be Stephen King shit, but we should be prepared.    

Two things strike me as top of the lists, how much food we have at home so we can limit exposure in supermarkets and how much cash.  Unless you work in the public, you are not going to get Ebola commuting in your car.  Are you set up to pay your bills without getting out?  That's electronic or gotta have stamps.  This isn't pull the plug stuff but simply limit exposure stuff.  

This is what the market is reacting to, not a threat of a massive death dealing pandemic but people taking the commonsense approach needed to stop this threat before its real. Not going to Disneyworld or NYC in a plane right now is not panic.  Closing those schools in Cleveland may be, time will tell, but not purposely exposing yourself is not.  You don't have to be a Wall Street genius to predict this is going to be a hard winter for the coastal tourist areas and places with high African (from Africa) populations.  

If you are at the point you need that mask, you had a piss poor plan because taking that mask to an Ebola outbreak is like taking a thimble of water to a house fire.  This isn't HIV as the media would like you to think.  This is if you are around it, you are flipping a coin.  This is communication and intelligence gathering critical.  This isn't 3d stuff its 4d, time is an element.  Having an unofficial source of information is very important.

I don't know about where you are but the only rumbles here is getting ready for this if it gets loose.  That's it for now.  No radical shifts other than avoidance of areas for now far away and by plane.

Anyway I hope I helped, but I'm very serious about there is only one plan, isolation.  The rest is what do I do when someone I love gets it and dies stuff.  

Tj
View Quote

I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to believe that stopping flights would make the outbreak worse. That was until last night when I read some facebook posts from a liberal Obama supporter telling me how we all had to share the suffering in Africa and citing "experts" like the CDC head to justify allowing unrestricted travel. Some people truly are sheep. If they only put themselves at risk with their bad decision making it wouldn't be so bad, but they put everyone at risk. There is absolutely no reason not to have a travel ban from those infected areas to anywhere else in the world.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to believe that stopping flights would make the outbreak worse. That was until last night when I read some facebook posts from a liberal Obama supporter telling me how we all had to share the suffering in Africa and citing "experts" like the CDC head to justify allowing unrestricted travel. Some people truly are sheep. If they only put themselves at risk with their bad decision making it wouldn't be so bad, but they put everyone at risk. There is absolutely no reason not to have a travel ban from those infected areas to anywhere else in the world.

View Quote

Have you publicly called them out, saying that if they don't go to Africa to help out in the humanitarian effort to stop Ebola, they are hypocritical racists?  Fighting PC with PC sometimes is oftentimes pretty effective with those kind of dumbass people.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Have you publicly called them out, saying that if they don't go to Africa to help out in the humanitarian effort to stop Ebola, they are hypocritical racists?  Fighting PC with PC sometimes is oftentimes pretty effective with those kind of dumbass people.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did along with others. I would have normally not said anything since this person was someone I didn't know, a friend of a friend, but I'm sick of these stupid people.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a big city police detective (Retired).  Back during the AIDS thing I discussed the CDC with a high level CDC official who was a friend of mine.  He said the CDC PR people are controlled by the DC political establishment and you can't believe a word they say, and that using your common sense instead of CDC and other political BS is a good idea.

(1)  Fact is you don't contain Ebola in Africa by allowing people from Ebola infected African countries to fly into the USA.  Nor do you allow anyone who can walk, swim or crawl to cross our southern borders.  That's so obvious I can't believe anyone but a retard could fall for it.  But then Congressmen don't have to take  IQ tests, do they?  Nor do sheep.

(2)  Ebola is not "air-born".  Huh, it's not?  What about infected people going around coughing and sneezing on everybody around them?  And if it's not air-born why are Ebola workers now wearing respirators?  And how did the nurses get it while wearing CDC approved protective gear, but no respirators?

(3)  CDC uses the excuse that they aren't telling us "little people" the whole truth because they don't want us to panic!  What, Americans panic?  The USA has been through two world wars and lots of smaller ones and I don't remember any mass panic attacks taking place.  The "panic" excuse is just more BS to cover up CDC's own incompetence  and/or help their political cronies keep our borders open to illegals (aka future Democrat voters).

I could go on, but now that the big "O" has just appointed an Ebola Czar you "little people" will probably be feeling warm and cozy and unafraid, even though the POLITICAL APPOINTEE CZAR has zero health care experience.  His one claim to fame?  He's Joe Biden's long time political buddy!

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#38]
5 people sick is now considered widespread....interdasting.....
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

have you read the thread in GD? it's nothing but conspriacy bs and panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a big city police detective (Retired).  Back during the AIDS thing I discussed the CDC with a high level CDC official who was a friend of mine.  He said the CDC PR people are controlled by the DC political establishment and you can't believe a word they say, and that using your common sense instead of CDC and other political BS is a good idea.

(1)  Fact is you don't contain Ebola in Africa by allowing people from Ebola infected African countries to fly into the USA.  Nor do you allow anyone who can walk, swim or crawl to cross our southern borders.  That's so obvious I can't believe anyone but a retard could fall for it.  But then Congressmen don't have to take  IQ tests, do they?  Nor do sheep.

(2)  Ebola is not "air-born".  Huh, it's not?  What about infected people going around coughing and sneezing on everybody around them?  And if it's not air-born why are Ebola workers now wearing respirators?  And how did the nurses get it while wearing CDC approved protective gear, but no respirators?

(3)  CDC uses the excuse that they aren't telling us "little people" the whole truth because they don't want us to panic!  What, Americans panic?  The USA has been through two world wars and lots of smaller ones and I don't remember any mass panic attacks taking place.  The "panic" excuse is just more BS to cover up CDC's own incompetence  and/or help their political cronies keep our borders open to illegals (aka future Democrat voters).

I could go on, but now that the big "O" has just appointed an Ebola Czar you "little people" will probably be feeling warm and cozy and unafraid, even though the POLITICAL APPOINTEE CZAR has zero health care experience.  His one claim to fame?  He's Joe Biden's long time political buddy!

have you read the thread in GD? it's nothing but conspriacy bs and panic.

there WERE a couple of good ones with actual information (much of it from ARFCOMERS in posistions to have advanced intel)
but they were all locked for the big thread. and yes, the big thread is useless because ANY actual information is quickly buried in 3
pages of BS.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#41]
If you live in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea, it would not be unreasonable to take precautions. Otherwise, you are far more likely to die from a vending machine tipping over on you. Don't let the hysteria infect you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah and thats what gets me about this.  Other things that are also supposedly not airborne are the flu and the cold. For the flu, you have to come into direct contact with a persons body fluids. How then, do you explain why people catch it and have no idea how. Well for one, people can spread it before they show symptoms, just like Ebola, and one other big factor, droplets.  The virus may not be airborne, but the droplets are.

Despite vaccines and hand washing, thousands still get the flu every year. But while the flu kills 1-2% of its victims, Ebola kills 50% on a good day, and spreads the same way. So I wont write it off as hype. It is a real thing and it is here.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#43]
It is a real thing and it is here...for all of 3 people. 3 out of 300,000,000 people. Let's not lose focus just yet. Will there be more cases? Probably, but until we start seeing real numbers of infected I am not too worried.

I will watch just like everyone else, but I am still far more concerned about other threats. This barely registers on my concerns list at this point.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#44]
The plague started with 1 person.

Just sayin.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well it wasn't even in the US a couple months ago; and with 2 infected in the minimum of the incubation period, How many people did these two come in contact with before they were quarantined?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

Actually, Ebola has been in the US since the 90's.

The current outbreak isn't as bad as the last outbreak.

I'm preparing for ebola now the same way I did before - i.e., not at all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
People are popping up everyday with it. People entering the country on flights. Also it seems everytime you turn on the news a health care worker who was taking care of someone else with it contracted it.

On a side note I think it was on the news that once you get it you cant get it a second time. There was something about a nurse getting a blood transfusion with a doctors blood who survived it. I may be wrong here ill look for a news link
View Quote

Not that you can't get it again. You're just relatively safe until it mutates again / another outbreak
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:48:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Just be able to stay home for awhile without resupply. That is all you need.

This isn't the zombie apocalypse. Worst case it's a contagion situation. Normal preps should suffice. You are not gonna roll around town in MOPP4. And normal carry / UOF rules still apply.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I may protest the CDC and ask them to deport EBOLA back to Africa. Including the patients.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I may protest the CDC and ask them to deport EBOLA back to Africa. Including the patients.
View Quote

There was only one guy from Africa. The other two are American nurses who were infected doing a job most people would not have the juevos to do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top