Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 7:13:57 PM EDT
Question on using bleach to purify water.

I have two big sources of readily available water if the need ever arises.  A pool and a pond.

If as a last resort I have to use water from either, is there a general rule of thumb regarding purifying a gallon of water using household bleach?  Say I put a gallon of pond water in a pot or clean milk jug, how much bleach to use and how long to let it sit before one could drink the water?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Each choice has its own problems.  Don't use the pool water for drinking as there are other chemicals there which can be a problem.  A proper answer is too long to get into in a forum post.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Each choice has its own problems.  Don't use the pool water for drinking as there are other chemicals there which can be a problem.  A proper answer is too long to get into in a forum post.
View Quote

Pool water is a petridish ...
Lotta folks. Gonna get the shits...
But pool water should just be chlorine ..acid...bromine ...unless folks are dumping clarifying agents fungicides etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top