Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 10:45:24 PM EDT
One of the perks of working at a college is the use of a nice gym for free.  Now in the locker room I do have my own locker.  However, when working out I'd like to have my LCP, phone, and wallet with me.  Same goes for the shower.  Now I haven't showered outside of a hotel/home since I was in high school.  But I'd like to have something I can keep with me that will protect those three things from the water/steam in the shower.  

I know I've seen super heavy duty bags that sort of look like Ziploc bags.  But I'm not sure they can handle opening and closing twice a day three times a week.  Maybe they can, no clue, I have no experience with them.  But if so they'd do great!  Needs to be lightweight, durable, and not scream gun.  

Any suggestions?  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Not bad!  

Definitely doesn't scream gun!  

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One of the perks of working at a college is the use of a nice gym for free.  Now in the locker room I do have my own locker.  However, when working out I'd like to have my LCP, phone, and wallet with me.  Same goes for the shower.  Now I haven't showered outside of a hotel/home since I was in high school.  But I'd like to have something I can keep with me that will protect those three things from the water/steam in the shower.  

I know I've seen super heavy duty bags that sort of look like Ziploc bags.  But I'm not sure they can handle opening and closing twice a day three times a week.  Maybe they can, no clue, I have no experience with them.  But if so they'd do great!  Needs to be lightweight, durable, and not scream gun.  

Any suggestions?  

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

tupperware
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tupperware
View Quote

Yup, nothing to see here.  What?  Doesn't everybody shower with leftovers?

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
What about a Pelican box?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What about a Pelican box?
View Quote

Definitely tough, definitely water tight, but a little too bulky/suspicious for this task.  Thanks though.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tupperware

-Emt1581

lol good point. I didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
tupperware box and a decoy bottle of shampoo lying on top...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Bad experience in the shower as a kid?

Pelican case prob looks too "tactical", but its quick access if you get the single latch and not too expensive either. I've got one and love it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
tupperware box and a decoy bottle of shampoo lying on top...
View Quote

No, put a mirror on the box...

So you can watch your rear when you bend over to pick it up.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.amazon.com/Neoto-Waterproof-Badge-Holder-Licence/dp/B00MND5ZP2/ref=sr_1_18?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1410892041&sr=1-18&keywords=waterproof+bag
Same idea as the other Amazon link posted.

Just out of curiosity, do you doubt the security of the locker?
I ask because I would be worried that I might have a brain fart and walk away from my bag.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.amazon.com/Neoto-Waterproof-Badge-Holder-Licence/dp/B00MND5ZP2/ref=sr_1_18?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1410892041&sr=1-18&keywords=waterproof+bag
Same idea as the other Amazon link posted.

Just out of curiosity, do you doubt the security of the locker?
I ask because I would be worried that I might have a brain fart and walk away from my bag.
View Quote

This
Why would you need a gun, phone, or wallet in the shower? By the way I'm jelly you get to carry at school.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why would you need a gun, phone, or wallet in the shower? By the way I'm jelly you get to carry at school.
View Quote

It's not that I need those items in the shower.  I just want to be 100% sure no one is swiping them and handling them in the locker area would open me up to someone seeing them.  Yes, having my gun is totally legal.  However, the school does not approve of it.  So if someone sees it, goodbye awesome job!  

So sure I'll spend $10-$20 on a container for my asthma inhaler, glucometer, epi-pen.

Jelly? Never heard it said that way before.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'd like to have my LCP, phone, and wallet with me.  Same goes for the shower.  

Any suggestions?  

View Quote
lock in your locker wear the key around your neck
oh and loosen the tinfoil.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to have my LCP, phone, and wallet with me.  Same goes for the shower.  

Any suggestions?  

It's a combo lock.  As for tin foil, has a little to do with security but not the main issue.  Maybe read the post where I clarified my concern directly above yours.  If any of the words are too big, sound them out or ask an adult for help.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Gym and school lockers get broken in to all the time around here...  Folks come in off the street with mini bolt cutters and hit a handful of lockers and are gone in a few mins.  I don't think the op is "paranoid" for asking the question.

Personally I just keep my shit in a gun vault bolted to my car....

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
How about a roll top dry bag? You need something to carry your soap, shampoo, deodorant, razor, toothbrush, etc anyway. I have a couple of Sea to Summit dry bags that I use for a first aid kit and for my sleeping bag. I also use the cheap Walmart roll top dry bag 3 pack and Ziplock freezer bags for organization.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top