BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Divide your investment money into thirds. Buy gold quickly, or wait until early next year. Gold is about to go up, but by January-February 2015 it should fall to a temporary low. It will increase at the end of 2015 into 2016 as our economy goes down the drain. Until the end of 2015, you should invest 1/3 in the US stock market; then get out. Take the last third and make sure you have the basics for life. Home in a safe area, stored year's supply of food, etc.

Plan for charitable giving when the NEED comes, and for "legalized bribes" when the tax man comes. And he will.
View Quote

Where did you get your crystal ball?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Somehow I don't think the wisest thing to do is to go to a public forum, publicize that I just came into a lot of dough and ask about asset allocation, especially buying large quantities of precious metals.  Also, the grandfathers secret stash of coins?  Not to secret anymore.  

View Quote

He's not "asking" about anything.

He's educating us simpletons about how the real world works, using his purported millions as credentials.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Spending that much money (we're talking somewhere between 30 million and 70 million, right?) primarily on precious metals is batshit insane. Unless you've got mid 10 figures invested wisely already.

Of course, taking the OP seriously as I just did is probably even more batshit insane...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He's educating us simpletons about how the real world works, using his purported millions as credentials.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow I don't think the wisest thing to do is to go to a public forum, publicize that I just came into a lot of dough and ask about asset allocation, especially buying large quantities of precious metals.  Also, the grandfathers secret stash of coins?  Not to secret anymore.  

Very possible...

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't read through the entire thread, but you need to speak with a financial adviser.

If it were me, I'd buy a lot land somewhere I'd like to live and build a house and barn right in the middle of it all. And I'd put a bunch into mutual funds at watch the money grow.  I understand the theory of investing in PM, I'm just not buying into it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Haven't read through the entire thread, but you need to speak with a financial adviser.

If it were me, I'd buy a lot land somewhere I'd like to live and build a house and barn right in the middle of it all. And I'd put a bunch into mutual funds at watch the money grow.  I understand the theory of investing in PM, I'm just not buying into it.
View Quote

You have missed his ENTIRE POINT!

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Many of you in this thread are missing my main point. I'm not looking to "invest" in precious metals, I'm wanting to put the money I have into precious metals for the sake of asset protection. There's a big difference between the two.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Many of you in this thread are missing my main point. I'm not looking to "invest" in precious metals, I'm wanting to put the money I have into precious metals for the sake of asset protection. There's a big difference between the two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, exactly, are you hoping someone here can teach you?

Are you hoping there are other folks who have experience quietly buying and storing away tens of millions of dollars worth of gold?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many posters read only the first post in a thread (not even the entire post if it's over 3 sentences) then post on half of what they read.

By the way your luckier than most, it took over a week before the PM haters showed up in your thread to tell you how stupid it is to buy PMs.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to Home Depot and get yourself a small army of illegal aliens. Send each one into the coin dealer with just enough cash to get the metal you want. As they come out stuff a twenty in their pocket and send them in for another trip.

Please write a check for $9999 to the Heavily_armed Consulting Group. I'll PM you the details.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Here you go OP:

Some people buy PMs. Some think it is stupid. Some go all in with them, some buy just a little. I buy a bit of silver here and there. I say its for shits and giggles, and if it all does to to pot (EXPY37 need not jump in and tell me it already hit the fan ) and the dollar either massively de-valued or you must trade in your dollars for NWO money units at a pitiful rate, the silver I have will be a lot more than my neighbor, in theory. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king type of thing.

Take a look at your post, where you posted it, and then use critical thinking to see what you get.

You (supposedly) made millions. You then go to an survival forum to ask complete strangers (and a few alphabet agents and movie producers) for advice about your uber secret plan to buy gold/silver to horde until the dollar implodes (shhhh. its a secret). You don't want a paper trail (but think that this isn't monitored/stored/tracked by the alphabet agency, who know where you are, and exactly who you are with 2 mouse clicks). You want to "hide" it, securely.

Now this has gotten into a pissing match of if PMs are worth having. They are NOT for SHTF scenarios. They CAN BE quite valuable in a hyperinflation scenario. Too many people (even here) fully plan on shooting anyone within sight post SHTF, because you are trespassing, and should not be there. Maybe they were coming to trade an ounce of gold for a loaf of bread, but either way your gold didn't help you there.

You will NOT get solid advice here that everyone agrees with. You will get conflicting "advise" from various strangers of varying intensity.

Do yourself a favor: Talk to a financial advisor, PM company (major company used to this kind of $$), or at least head over to the financial forum.

If you want to know more about mylar packing, have a discussion about storing .22lr bulk or in sealed boxes, and which SHTF bug out vehicle is "ultimate", you are in the right place. Otherwise, you won't find too many millionaires here to help you out.

Of course, you could just be trolling.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not missing your point at all. By all means, carry on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here you go OP:

Some people buy PMs. Some think it is stupid. Some go all in with them, some buy just a little. I buy a bit of silver here and there. I say its for shits and giggles, and if it all does to to pot (EXPY37 need not jump in and tell me it already hit the fan ) and the dollar either massively de-valued or you must trade in your dollars for NWO money units at a pitiful rate, the silver I have will be a lot more than my neighbor, in theory. In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king type of thing.

Take a look at your post, where you posted it, and then use critical thinking to see what you get.

You (supposedly) made millions. You then go to an survival forum to ask complete strangers (and a few alphabet agents and movie producers) for advice about your uber secret plan to buy gold/silver to horde until the dollar implodes (shhhh. its a secret). You don't want a paper trail (but think that this isn't monitored/stored/tracked by the alphabet agency, who know where you are, and exactly who you are with 2 mouse clicks). You want to "hide" it, securely.

Now this has gotten into a pissing match of if PMs are worth having. They are NOT for SHTF scenarios. They CAN BE quite valuable in a hyperinflation scenario. Too many people (even here) fully plan on shooting anyone within sight post SHTF, because you are trespassing, and should not be there. Maybe they were coming to trade an ounce of gold for a loaf of bread, but either way your gold didn't help you there.

You will NOT get solid advice here that everyone agrees with. You will get conflicting "advise" from various strangers of varying intensity.

Do yourself a favor: Talk to a financial advisor, PM company (major company used to this kind of $$), or at least head over to the financial forum.

If you want to know more about mylar packing, have a discussion about storing .22lr bulk or in sealed boxes, and which SHTF bug out vehicle is "ultimate", you are in the right place. Otherwise, you won't find too many millionaires here to help you out.

Of course, you could just be trolling.

View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you hoping there are other folks who have experience quietly buying and storing away tens of millions of dollars worth of gold?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, because there in fact ARE, others here, who have had similar uh, experiences, of making more than 'walking around money', independently, and of their own entrepreneurship and ability.

Just because YOU are unable to relate, doesn't mean others can't, and don't have the ability to offer useful thoughts.

As far as anonymously buying LARGE qty's of PM's, I agree, fergitabtit.

Not gonna happen.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#15]
IMO asset protection would be better protected through diversification. I could see holding a few million in physical assets.

Even if hyper inflation happens company stock should inflate as well. If hyper inflation doesn't happen in the next 20-30 years you should still beat inflation and make money with some S&P and DJIA based ETF's. Round it out with some foreign investment ETF's and you should do fairly well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IMO asset protection would be better protected through diversification. I could see holding a few million in physical assets.

Even if hyper inflation happens company stock should inflate as well. If hyper inflation doesn't happen in the next 20-30 years you should still beat inflation and make money with some S&P and DJIA based ETF's. Round it out with some foreign investment ETF's and you should do fairly well.
View Quote

Stock is already pretty much Hyper Inflated...  

The only thing holding 'stocks' at these levels is QE.

Look what happened to stocks during GD1.

History repeats and the Suckers repeat their stupidity.

The are likely gonna loose their asses.

It's gonna be something stunningly stupendously amazing to watch, probably 6 to 12 months after the next prez election cycle.  

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#17]
That's too much silver.  Buy $1M if you want to, but $20M?  With the amount of money you're talking about, preparedness becomes owning vertical slices of the supply chain.  You have farm land.  Now get it producing.  Then start a business processing the produce on site, or lease to a business willing to do so at attractive pricing to save yourself from having to manage it yourself.  It sounds like you've started down that path, but fully embrace it.  

For anything you can't produce with that strategy that has no real shelf life, consider building a warehouse on your property and storing enough to last you until you die.  How much toilet paper do you think you'll use before you're dead?  Find your favorite and buy it.  The luxury of wealth is being able to have what you want, if you can identify the things you're worried about not being able to have in the event of a collapse, and secure them before hand, who cares about a bank balance on a piece of paper.  

Take this far enough and you'll end up a 1900s company town owner.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's too much silver.  Buy $1M if you want to, but $20M? ...
View Quote

You're correct. That's why I think he's a phony trying to get other people to buy PMs.

Smart enough to make multi-millions writing software, completely incompetent to understand diversification.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You're correct. That's why I think he's a phony trying to get other people to buy PMs.

Smart enough to make multi-millions writing software, completely incompetent to understand diversification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's confusing the equities market with holding fiat currency, for pete's sake.  That isn't exactly the mark of a multi-millionaire business guru.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You forgot this:

National debt, 1977: $699 billion
National debt, 2014: $17.75 TRILLION, as of 9-25-14

The book "When Money Dies" details what happened to the German economy's collapse and subsequent hyperinflation after World War 1, when the value of the mark went from about 10 marks to the U.S. dollar to 1 TRILLION marks to the dollar in less than six years because of runaway printing of currency and absolutely no demand for the mark because of that runaway printing. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I refuse to put my money into the paper markets for all of the reasons I've detailed above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
silver 1977: $5.00
silver 2014: $18.00

s&p500 1977: 100
s&p500 2014: 2000

ps
http://www.amazon.com/About-Asset-Allocation-Second-Edition/dp/0071700781

ar-jedi

You forgot this:

National debt, 1977: $699 billion
National debt, 2014: $17.75 TRILLION, as of 9-25-14

The book "When Money Dies" details what happened to the German economy's collapse and subsequent hyperinflation after World War 1, when the value of the mark went from about 10 marks to the U.S. dollar to 1 TRILLION marks to the dollar in less than six years because of runaway printing of currency and absolutely no demand for the mark because of that runaway printing. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I refuse to put my money into the paper markets for all of the reasons I've detailed above.

lol.

people who say they are 100% confident of an upcoming hyperinflation scenario can never be found acquiring debt.   i wonder why.
furthermore, they somehow conclude that the fundamental reasons for the economic failure of the Weimar Republic are the same as which exist today in the US.

here's an idea:

1) use $5M (2014 dollars) of your gold to backstop a $20M loan (that is, a 30yr mortgage) for land.  
2) wait for hyperinflation.
3) in 2020(?) you sell a tiny, miniscule amount of your gold for $20M (inflated dollars) and pay back the loan.
4) so much win.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i provided a link to an excellent book on this topic.  
in fact,  it is the canonical text on this subject.

here it is again:
http://www.amazon.com/About-Asset-Allocation-Second-Edition/dp/0071700781

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

people who say they are 100% confident of an upcoming hyperinflation scenario can never be found acquiring debt.   i wonder why.

View Quote

No you don't.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Divide your investment money into thirds. Buy gold quickly, or wait until early next year. Gold is about to go up, but by January-February 2015 it should fall to a temporary low. It will increase at the end of 2015 into 2016 as our economy goes down the drain. Until the end of 2015, you should invest 1/3 in the US stock market; then get out. Take the last third and make sure you have the basics for life. Home in a safe area, stored year's supply of food, etc.

Plan for charitable giving when the NEED comes, and for "legalized bribes" when the tax man comes. And he will.

well, hopefully it has been upgraded to Crystal Ball v2.0 ...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/646287__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Silver_Eagles___buy__sell_or_hold.html&page=2#i11019825
Originally Posted By Plattekill on 4/27/2011 8:17:49 PM EDT:
Silver may dip down to $35-$40 for a month or two. Don't sell, buy more.
In the next few years silver will be over $100/oz at a minimum.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/646287__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Silver_Eagles___buy__sell_or_hold.html&page=2#i11019825

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems our hero Plattekill is quite fond of soothsaying.  Less so for consistency.

In 2011, we were to hold onto gold until 2026, then convert to equities.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=645285

In March of 2012, Gold was still on the side, set to reach $2,300 an ounce by June of 2013:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1304368

But then, by April '13, it was to be a low "around $1,200- $900/oz" my May, before a rise again.  Oops.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/665023__ARCHIVED_THREAD____TIME_TO_BUY_OR_SELL_GOLD_.html&page=2

I'd love to see a tracker comparing a dummy investor following ar-jedi's advice versus Plattekill's over time.  Maybe some fancy graphs and what not.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol.

furthermore, they somehow conclude that the fundamental reasons for the economic failure of the Weimar Republic are the same as which exist today in the US.

here's an idea:

1) use $5M (2014 dollars) of your gold to backstop a $20M loan (that is, a 30yr mortgage) for land.  
2) wait for hyperinflation.
3) in 2020(?) you sell a tiny, miniscule amount of your gold for $20M (inflated dollars) and pay back the loan.
4) so much win.

ar-jedi

View Quote

Yep. get a fixed rate loan with the longest maturity you can get, or be short fixed income...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5392701952/hC9980C64/

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:Many posters read only the first post in a thread (not even the entire post if it's over 3 sentences) then post on half of what they read.

By the way your luckier than most, it took over a week before the PM haters showed up in your thread to tell you how stupid it is to buy PMs.

View Quote

Yeah, and I'm thinking I have nothing else to say here. I stumbled on this site thanks to Google and now I think I'll stumble my way back out. It's been real.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, and I'm thinking I have nothing else to say here. I stumbled on this site thanks to Google and now I think I'll stumble my way back out. It's been real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Many posters read only the first post in a thread (not even the entire post if it's over 3 sentences) then post on half of what they read.

the reality part is that "all-in" approaches to asset allocation are inherently risky.  sure, "all-in" looks bold and ballsy when you watch "professional" poker players on TV; unfortunately TV != reality and such concentrated maneuvers are not a viable long term winning strategy for increasing much less retaining your position.

by concentrating your assets in one [metal | location | class | etc] you are INCREASING overall portfolio risk, not decreasing it.

i've posted a link to the definitive text on asset allocation twice in this thread.  there is a reason for this.  

ar-jedi

ps
you will get more insightful financial advice by posting your OP over on fatwallet in the finance forum.  there are quite a few HNW members there, and if you self-identify as an accredited investor (look it up on Wiki) you should get excellent advice.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

the reality part is that "all-in" approaches to asset allocation are inherently risky.  sure, "all-in" looks bold and ballsy when you watch "professional" poker players on TV; unfortunately TV != reality and such concentrated maneuvers are not a viable long term winning strategy for increasing much less retaining your position.

by concentrating your assets in one [metal | location | class | etc] you are INCREASING overall portfolio risk, not decreasing it.

i've posted a link to the definitive text on asset allocation twice in this thread.  there is a reason for this.  

ar-jedi

ps
you will get more insightful financial advice by posting your OP over on fatwallet in the finance forum.  there are quite a few HNW members there, and if you self-identify as an accredited investor (look it up on Wiki) you should get excellent advice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

ps

He came here to teach you, not to learn.  I do continue to admire your persistence, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He came here to teach you, not to learn.  I do continue to admire your persistence, though.
View Quote

Do you sit at the kids table during family functions to feel better about yourself?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Meh, you're letting a few folks who prolly barely earned two nickels to rub together ---with respect to their relative scale of employment, run you off.

Likely because of their Sour Grapes, and hate for what you have claimed to have done, because they know they'll never have a chance in hell to do it themselves, or even come slightly close.

They resent entrepreneurship success because they lack the ability, courage, determination. Not much different from liberals who hate capitalism because they are failures who can't make it without 'help' and subsidies, or losers who can't accept responsibility to hold a job, and have to depend on Dishability, when they are obviously able to function.

I can tell from the way you articulate your points that you're better than that...  

Keep on making your points, I enjoy reading them. And those of the Sour Grapes folks as well.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you sit at the kids table during family functions to feel better about yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's obvious in this thread who is a Subject Matter Expert and who is a blowhard.  If you can't see this, that is not my problem.  For a decade now I have read threads where people wer predicting hyperinflation.  If anyoen really believd that, they would max out every credit option availabel to them and turn cash into hard assets - yes, even gold if that was their thing.  They never do this, though.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's obvious in this thread who is a Subject Matter Expert and who is a blowhard.  If you can't see this, that is not my problem.  For a decade now I have read threads where people wer predicting hyperinflation.  If anyoen really believd that, they would max out every credit option availabel to them and turn cash into hard assets - yes, even gold if that was their thing.  They never do this, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you're jealous of the OP's resources to do whatever he want's to do with his $$$!  

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sounds like you're jealous of the OP!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got me.  That's obviously it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can usually figger this stuff out...  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top