Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2014 8:54:37 AM EDT
I needed to use my leaf blower last weekend.  I have high benches in my shop because I am a tall guy. I tossed it up there and grabbed my gas can to fill the tiny tank.

I didn't think about pressure inside the can. The moment I hit the lever the tank was force filed in about a half second and then sprayed me right in the face and eyes.   I was not a happy guy.  I have a hose right in the garage to wash out my eyes.

Who is the idiot who thought of this shit?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Some tree hugin dirt worshiper in CA thought OMGtm Oh Teh Noes Teh Gas Spilz From Gassin Teh Lawn Equipment Is Warmin Teh Globe And Clubbin Teh Baaabbbyy Sealz LIKE OMGtm

The CA EPA got in on the OMGtming and the rest is history

The bestest Fuel can tor little equipment that I have found is a camp fuel bottle.  YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 10 liter NATO can that I keep gas in for my push mower.   A couple years ago I filled it up most of the way and then stupidly left it in the sun for a few hours on a hot summer day.  When I opened the cap, a substantial amount of gas blew out.

So it can happen to non-carb cans too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
This has been posted before.  It works:

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a California native and I'm all-too-familiar with CARB but what I don't understand is how they forced the rest of the country to their stupid gas cans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Canada still sells real gas cans.  I saw them there when visiting the gf's family.  Too bad I didn't bring any home with me...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Heck, maybe this is one instance where a class action lawsuit is actually warranted!!  Of course it need to be against the gov for requiring this crap, not the company (which means that we would be paying the bill for both sides).

Doc
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcnwdIYEfI
View Quote

I did that about 2 years ago.

The rubber valve stem isn't rated for fuel or vapers but I figure if I have to replace them, they're cheap so its no big deal.

But so far, they have worked great.

Fuck CARB gas cans.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The rubber valve stem isn't rated for fuel or vapers but I figure if I have to replace them, they're cheap so its no big deal.

Fuck CARB gas cans.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck CARB gas cans.

Get the metal valves stems and replace the seal that comes with them with a viton o-ring that fits in place of the original seal. I've never had a problem doing it that way...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Long time and often lurker here.. (picked up lots of great info/ideas!)
Finally something worthwhile (I think) to contribute-
If you go to a popular "auction sight" and search for "gas can vents", you can have 20 of what appears to be the identical ones originally used on the Blitz non carb compliant cans delivered to your door for under eight bucks.  1/2 inch drill bit and five minutes and you have an old style pop up/open vent like we used to be able to buy!  I am on approx. three months with six daily use cans and they are great. Much better than the non vented ones. These of course won't fix the new spouts but if you have solid spouts these are the answer with no trying to adapt something not meant for the application!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
zzit

Whazzit?

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
zzit

Whazzit?

View All Quotes

Race gas can
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Canada still sells real gas cans.  I saw them there when visiting the gf's family.  Too bad I didn't bring any home with me...
View Quote

So when are you visiting again?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The cans are completely a waste of money and fuel. I went to top off my chain saw before some yard work today and likely spilled a half a cup between putting on, pouring, and taking off the spout. In comparison I likely don't lose more than a tablespoons worth filling my SUV tank from my jerry cans.

Why in God's name other states followed CA's leed in this is beyond me. The politicians that mandated this have never used a gas can once.
View Quote

CARB boils down to having  practically NOTHING to do with the good or bad of gas cans.

It has EVERYTHING to do with [that most folks are oblivious to] the furtherance of the Left's Political Ideological Agenda.

Power, control, and making us conditioned to be good pacific Sheeple, to facilitate the theft of our country, not much different than Stalin or Mao, only updated tactics and techniques for modern tech and demographics.

[Din't catch EXPY soon enough tho]  

Baaaa...

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Baaaa...

View Quote

The powers that be are willing to accept a small % of...umm...er...ok the best way I can think of to say it is...Scrap Rate.

EXPY is in that small % of acceptable...or ignorable...scrap

NOW just watch the BUTHURT expressed by the left when the Scrap Rate exceeds their acceptable limit by just 0.001%

LOLZ
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The powers that be are willing to accept a small % of...umm...er...ok the best way I can think of to say it is...Scrap Rate.

NOW just watch the BUTHURT expressed by the left when the Scrap Rate exceeds their acceptable limit by just 0.001%

LOLZ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baaaa...

LOLZ

For the time bean...  

As long as the Sheeple accept  FAIL TO UNDERSTAND  NEVER-ENDING shit like this [or O's lies the other night on TV that one of my 'conservative' friends said sounded really good], ain't never gonna happen....  

Pretty soon CARB Compliant will mean you can't have any [unlicensed] gas cans over a gallon or so, and when you go to pour it into your CARB Approved Mower, half of the gas will run out the other side.

Yet WE will KEEP ON ELECTING the same kinds of folks -----determined to allow any number of illegals into our country, with the SPECIFIC PURPOSE OF generating an un-over-ridable voting block to ENSURE the reelection of their Leftist asses, so as to achieve their ultimate IDEOLOGICAL goal, the THEFT  of the USA!

And now, hopefully before everyone's eyes have glazed over ---and refocused on their propaganda laden flat screen ---we're addicted to 24/7....

NANCY

Quote:

On the one hand, California U.S. Rep. Nancy Pelosi claims that Democrats are not “fear-mongers;” on the other hand, she believes civilization is doomed if Republicans take control of the Senate from Democrats in November.

[Dust off your Faraday Cages, guys...]  

The former speaker of the House made those dramatic, incongruous [look it up Preppers] statements on “Real Time with Bill Maher,” which aired live from Washington, D.C. Friday.

Maher asked Pelosi about recent polling which shows that the GOP is likely to take over the upper chamber and asked, given gridlock in Washingon, why it matters that Democrats keep control.

“It would be very important for the Democrats to retain control of the Senate,” Pelosi told Maher. “Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if the Republicans win the Senate.”

[you think?]

Democrats currently hold 53 seats in the Senate. Republicans have 45. Two independents caucus with Democrats.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/12/nancy-pelosi-civilization-in-jeopardy-if-gop-takes-senate-video/#ixzz3DD3Mbj7j

They know we'll never change and one day the pain they'll cause will be great as we wake screaming and hollering and can't do nuthin abt it, and 20% here will have sold out for a paycheck and are inflicting it, to play w/ their toyz.  

History always repeats, just differently.

We are a VERY STUPID population of EXCEPTIONALLY self-centered and gullible, uh, Useful Idiots CHUMPS!

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Messed around with some mowing today.

I find myself just wanting the gas can to contain pressure.

I did play on amazon and will probably order in some silicon or cone or whatever gas vents for fuel cans.  Won't get brittle due to various types of fuel and reviews show em to be made well for a few bucks a pop.

I have been rounding up old fuel cans people throw out when the plastic vent cap breaks its little tether and then they lose it and no longer want the can.  Some might not be worth keeping, right now I just have a little pile of them to mess with and will go from there.

Gonna order some more siphons and probably a spare hose or two since the brass should last from the super siphon but I doubt the hose will last as long.  Have one already getting stiffer and discoloring.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I think I may have one of those with the nozzle lever thingy, but I have a few of the kind that aren't vented. My standard procedure for filling anything that holds more that a few ounces is to just take the whole spout off and use a funnel. I don't have 15 fucking minutes to put 5 gallons in my tractor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:11:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think I may have one of those with the nozzle lever thingy, but I have a few of the kind that aren't vented. My standard procedure for filling anything that holds more that a few ounces is to just take the whole spout off and use a funnel. I don't have 15 fucking minutes to put 5 gallons in my tractor.
View Quote

Have you read the label that comes on these CARB cans?

"Using these containers in a manner not proscribed by law may result in fines not exceeding $250,000 or a jail term of not more than 10 years"

I'd be careful with the funnel...  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Using these containers in a manner not proscribed by law may result in fines not exceeding $250,000 or a jail term of not more than 10 years"

And yet the video of the guy drilling holes in it is not a problem?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Buy 'No Spill' gas cans.  They work better than anything before or after the ban.  If I was going to stockpile gas I would buy preban at a garage sale due to cost, but for everyday use nothing beats no spill

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a joke, Son...  

Well, prolly true, but funny...

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good stuff :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top