Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 8:25:52 PM EDT
Greetings all,

I recently the bag that I use for my BOB so one slightly more suited for such a task, it fills my every need, with one small exception....

I don't seem to have any where to put my spare mags without them being loose in one of the large pockets. I am looking for ideas and ways to store the mags either with a pouch attached to one of the sides or perhaps sewing something to the inside of one of the pockets.

I am at the mercy of you fine gentlemen (and ladies) who hopefully have been through this before and can offer some insight.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want, it is possible to drop bandoleers w/ stripperclips into your bob.  Easy.  

For full powered rifle backpack hunts, I carry spare ammo on my belt in a pouch or two.  

For the guys w/ 30 round poodle popper mags, I suggest surplus mag pouches.  20's will fit into empty 1qt canteen pouches.
Vests may be too hot for you?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Molle single/double mag pouches. Pretty adaptable, and can be mounted about anywhere........................
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mystery Ranch accesseries

Ots of pockets: Belts, sling, rib, etc
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy some cheap nylon mag pouches, sew them to the outside with dental floss while you are watching TV. Pack a simple chest rig in the top of the bag that you can put them in and wear for accesability.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent, you guys have given me some good ideas.

Thank you much !
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Something like this? http://www.itstactical.com/store/medical/its-tactical-medical-insert/
It's basically a shock-cord based daisy chain webbing.  It should adjust to fit most pistol mags, I would think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top