Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
As I get older (I will just say I am well over 50), I realize those old crusty codgers full of vinegar and piss where right on the money ----- I'm not going until I'm ready.  And until I'm ready, I'm gonna plan on being around and not just surviving but thriving in all conditions.  I'm just too damn ornery to not prep.  

Now, I grant you, maybe your planning horizon changes - do you need to put money in your retirement savings? maybe not.  Do you sell all your ammo? Definitely not.  Need to keep the meds stocked up? Absolutely.  No use dying of something stupid and avoidable....

I am also finding that as I get older I need less and less (ex-wife taught me that...).  I could live a pretty solitary and rough life and not really be too disappointed in it like I might have been when I was climbing the ladder at 30 with little kids.

So being older has it's advantages, plus you you make up for the lack of a young man's body by having more stamina and a level-headed brain filled with know-how.....not a bad trade.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top