Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ebola

Quote:

Recent research[edit]

In late 2012, Canadian scientists discovered that the deadliest form of the virus could be transmitted by air between species.[146] They managed to prove that the virus was transmitted from pigs to monkeys without any direct contact between them, leading to fears that airborne transmission could be contributing to the wider spread of the disease in parts of Africa. Evidence was also found that pigs might be one of the reservoir hosts for the virus; the fruit bat has long been considered as the reservoir.[146] A 2013 study isolated antibodies from fruit bats in Bangladesh, against Ebola Zaire and Reston viruses, thus identifying potential virus hosts and signs of the filoviruses in Asia.[147]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what are preps for this? Facemasks? gloves? Hibeclens (sp?)? could this mutute to be airborne? This isn't one of those "seal the doors and windows of your homes and over pressurize with filtered air" situations. Correct?

Ebola

Quote:

Recent research[edit]

In late 2012, Canadian scientists discovered that the deadliest form of the virus could be transmitted by air between species.[146] They managed to prove that the virus was transmitted from pigs to monkeys without any direct contact between them, leading to fears that airborne transmission could be contributing to the wider spread of the disease in parts of Africa. Evidence was also found that pigs might be one of the reservoir hosts for the virus; the fruit bat has long been considered as the reservoir.[146] A 2013 study isolated antibodies from fruit bats in Bangladesh, against Ebola Zaire and Reston viruses, thus identifying potential virus hosts and signs of the filoviruses in Asia.[147]

That study did not PROVE airborne transmission.  The authors mentioned there were three possible sources of infection.
1. Aerosolization
2. Droplet inoculation
3. Fomites generated during cage cleaning

All three of the possible exposure routes would have resulted in the observed lung analysis results.

The authors also mention an unpublished study did not show that 3 infected primates could infect 10 naive adjacent  primates after 28 days.

Here is the 2012 publication:  http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/121115/srep00811/full/srep00811.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.lynnpeavey.com/product_info.php?products_id=137

I found these and ordered some, I'll see how durable they appear and report.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.lynnpeavey.com/product_info.php?products_id=137

I found these and ordered some, I'll see how durable they appear and report.
View Quote

That's a 2 micron respirator not a 0.2 micron like you asked for.

http://www.intechsafety.com/popup-mf-cap1-respirator.html

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Sawyer had contact with 59 people in Nigeria.   Also 38 hospital personel.

This doesnt look good for Nigeria.  

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/07/28/nigeria-ambassador-58-others-had-contact-with-ebola-victim/
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#5]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/11003779/Ebola-outbreak-suspected-case-at-British-immigration-centre.html

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Read the third paragraph...  Tested negative
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Read the third paragraph...  Tested negative
View Quote

Most of the article is about how prepared the Brits are  for cases like this.  They are not prepared at

all for any type of ebola cases.  If one comes in, the chances of ebola spreading is great.  

They got lucky but hopefully it set off the alarms so they get their act together.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]

The crew is busy updating today.  

http://avianflutalk.com/latest-news_forum3.html

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This one is close to home. Don't know what it is yet, but also if you know of anyone experiencing the same, let me know!

My sis is in the hospital with rapidly deteriorating neurological conditions. They have done blood work, MRIs, spinal tap, EKG, etc, etc, etc. They flew in the top neurological guy in the country because the symptoms were so weird and rapid, and nothing showing up. She started with a few mosquito looking bites on her leg. Later that day, she noticed her leg was numb. Went to ER. She was given a dose of benadryl and sent home. By morning, she was numb all the way to her belly.

Tests indicate her nervous system is starting to slow/shut down. She has no reflex in her legs and is in a wheel chair. All in the course of a couple days. Docs do NOT think the bites have anything to do with it.

Will update when we figure out what this is.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Patient being tested for Ebola at Mt. Sinai hostpistal in NYC

Hope this turns out to be false.  If not, all bets are off as to how far this has already spread in the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Patient being tested for Ebola at Mt. Sinai hostpistal in NYC

Hope this turns out to be false.  If not, all bets are off as to how far this has already spread in the U.S.
View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Interesting....

It's fascinating how large some of these cities are in lesser developed parts of the world. I'm too old sadly, but if I had it to do over, I would like to see some of them...

21 million folks in one city.... That's almost 1/10 the pop of the entire USA.

There must be huge skills involved in keeping things running, even less than smoothly...

Lagos

View Quote

What makes you think there is anything to run, never mind to keep running?

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This one is close to home. Don't know what it is yet, but also if you know of anyone experiencing the same, let me know!

My sis is in the hospital with rapidly deteriorating neurological conditions. They have done blood work, MRIs, spinal tap, EKG, etc, etc, etc. They flew in the top neurological guy in the country because the symptoms were so weird and rapid, and nothing showing up. She started with a few mosquito looking bites on her leg. Later that day, she noticed her leg was numb. Went to ER. She was given a dose of benadryl and sent home. By morning, she was numb all the way to her belly.

Tests indicate her nervous system is starting to slow/shut down. She has no reflex in her legs and is in a wheel chair. All in the course of a couple days. Docs do NOT think the bites have anything to do with it.

View Quote

any update on your sis?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
any update on your sis?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

any update on your sis?
Discharged from the hospital. Everything came back normal. They don't know what to do, so they sent her home . She goes back tomorrow for neurological testing to look for change. Her condition appears to have stabilized. She says she feels like she has been amputated below the waist. Can't feel anything.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Men.  They need to thin the herd anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#17]

That comic strip could prove to be very accurate.  

There isnt much talk about the incubation period or ebola types.  But I did read one opinion that its around 14 days.
That would make this type much more dangerous that the Zaire type.   Wish I knew.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Discharged from the hospital. Everything came back normal. They don't know what to do, so they sent her home . She goes back tomorrow for neurological testing to look for change. Her condition appears to have stabilized. She says she feels like she has been amputated below the waist. Can't feel anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

any update on your sis?
Update: Went back into the hospital Tuesday, condition worsening. Did multiple MRIs on the brain Wednesday, results back today. She can no longer move her legs at all. Docs still have no clue. Will update again, hopefully soon.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Update: All blood work and MRIs came back clean. They are now checking for heavy metals.

Condition has stabilized, but she is paralyzed from the waist down.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Update: All blood work and MRIs came back clean. They are now checking for heavy metals.

View Quote

Did they rule out myasthenia gravis?  I'm assuming so...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably.

Update: She has started to slowly be able to move her leg again. Every single test ran came back clean. Using an herbalist now, and she seems to be slowly getting better. Don't know what is going on, but I don't think it is contagious, so I will probably stop updates here unless something relevant comes up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Probably.    

Update: She has started to slowly be able to move her leg again. Every single test ran came back clean. Using an herbalist now, and she seems to be slowly getting better. Don't know what is going on, but I don't think it is contagious, so I will probably stop updates here unless something relevant comes up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.    

Good luck to her. and the family coping with it
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably.    

Thanks.

Last update here: the physical therapist is able to help her walk a bit in one of those bar runway things (with a lot of help), but she couldn't move her legs yesterday, so I think <pray> she will recover.

Weird shit though, they still don't know what it is/was
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#24]
EDIT: oh lord, didn't realize this was 17 pages deep.  Pardon my intrusion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Rat_Patrol, you, your sister and family are in our prayers. It is scary how fragile life is and how much we don't know
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Rat_Patrol, you, your sister and family are in our prayers. It is scary how fragile life is and how much we don't know
View Quote
Thanks.

She is able to walk without crutches now, but still very wobbly. Weird.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]
RP, Please give us an update on how she's doing and if you guys need anything
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

RP, Please give us an update on how she's doing and if you guys need anything
View Quote
Thank You so much. She is doing better. She can sort of walk without crutches now, but she is very wobbly. (her legs weren't used for a couple weeks). She is responding to physical therapy well.

Docs still have NO clue what it is/was. Don't know if it will come back or was a one time thing. They have no reason to think it will come back but they don't know what caused it either. She did get a job at McDonald's about 2 months before it happened, maybe her system got full of cholesterol from the air?

Anyway, thank you. Prayers are always welcome, specifically to help her stop going head over heels for any guy on the street that says hi wearing a Toby Keith hat! (teenage girls )
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#29]
WHO has just admitted that there are likely 2-4 times as many cases of Ebola than are in the official numbers. Also suggested that there may be as many as 20,000 cases before it is stopped.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/world/africa/ebola-outbreak/index.html

Is ebola in India now?
The other passengers on the plane that were potentially exposed were allowed to just leave. Incredible.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#30]
here is a scary article about ebola. read carefully.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/08/28/dna_sequences_reveal_ebolas_spread_and_mutations.html

Among other things, it strongly suggests that the precautions once thought to prevent transmission of Ebola are not working with this strain. When 5 of the 60 researchers working on the disease in this paper caught it and died from it, you know something is really different about this one.

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#31]
More on Ebola...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/health/ebola-airborne/

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/12/inability-to-contain-ebola-sparks-fears-virus-going-airborne/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/13/it-doesnt-make-sense-concerns-over-tasking-dod-with-ebola-mission-amid/

Just some recent articles...  Looks like its still spreading like wild fire...  I think its being spread easier then they are telling us.  Might not be airborne but if I had to guess there is more to the story.  Worth keeping an eye on anyways.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]

CDC issues Ebola checklist: 'Now is the time to prepare'

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warning hospitals and doctors that “now is the time to prepare,” has issued a six-page Ebola “checklist” to help healthcare workers quickly determine if patients are infected.

While the CDC does not believe that there are new cases of Ebola in the United States, the assumption in the checklist is that it is only a matter of time before the virus hits home.
View Quote

http://washingtonexaminer.com/cdc-issues-ebola-checklist-now-is-the-time-to-prepare/article/2553396#!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

More on Ebola...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/health/ebola-airborne/

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/12/inability-to-contain-ebola-sparks-fears-virus-going-airborne/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/13/it-doesnt-make-sense-concerns-over-tasking-dod-with-ebola-mission-amid/

Just some recent articles...  Looks like its still spreading like wild fire...  I think its being spread easier then they are telling us.  Might not be airborne but if I had to guess there is more to the story.  Worth keeping an eye on anyways.
View Quote

The problem is, much of the reason it spreads so easily is because of where it is (i.e. Africa).

Their level of superstition (not wanting to let doctors know they are infected) and their understanding and practice of sanitation allows the disease to spread in way which would never happen here.  While this is of serious concern, it is not the apocalypse that much of the media is playing it out to be (IMO).

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The problem is, much of the reason it spreads so easily is because of where it is (i.e. Africa).
Their level of superstition (not wanting to let doctors know they are infected) and their understanding and practice of sanitation allows the disease to spread in way which would never happen here.  While this is of serious concern, it is not the apocalypse that much of the media is playing it out to be (IMO).

View Quote

Absolutely correct.... unless it does mutate (as a few "scientists" are fearing) and goes airborne.  Then all bets are off.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#35]
What you need to know about Enterovirus EV-D68

A respiratory virus is causing alarm in the midwest U.S. due to the high number of children that are being hospitalized. One hospital in Denver Colorado has seen more than 900 children and 80 had to be admitted. Now Canadians are urged to keep an eye out for symptoms in children after cases have been confirmed in Alberta and Ontario.

Article ........

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What you need to know about Enterovirus EV-D68

A respiratory virus is causing alarm in the midwest U.S. due to the high number of children that are being hospitalized. One hospital in Denver Colorado has seen more than 900 children and 80 had to be admitted. Now Canadians are urged to keep an eye out for symptoms in children after cases have been confirmed in Alberta and Ontario.

Article ........

http://storage.sunmedia.ca/v1/suns-prod-images/1297607071268_ORIGINAL.jpg

View Quote
Local had a news piece of a family in New Ulm (South central MN) that their kid was a confirmed case. Now it has been shut up. Curious.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Absolutely correct.... unless it does mutate (as a few "scientists" are fearing) and goes airborne.  Then all bets are off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

HOWEVER, the risk from Ebola to the United States isn't directly from the virus but from the impact it will have to the world economy.  Imagine if Ebola virus spreads to SE asia, China and oil rich regions of the middle east,  given their sanitation practices and the manufacturing and oil production they sustain, I imagine could push the world economy into another depression!!!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Not sure who made that map of the Enterovirus but they don't know where West Virginia is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not sure who made that map of the Enterovirus but they don't know where West Virginia is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't know this site but here is what they are reporting: Scientists Warn Ebola Transmission May Be Airborne

"With so many questions still remaining as to how folks like Dr. Rick Sacra, who never even treated Ebola patients, somehow managed to contract the supposedly non-airborne disease, the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) has issued new guidelines recommending that all front-line health workers be outfitted with full respirators, a recommendation which suggests that Ebola could very well have gone airborne.

In a recent commentary, Drs. Lisa M. Brosseau, Sc.D., and Rachael Jones, Ph.D., make the case for respirators, not just face masks, as necessary equipment in the fight against Ebola. Recommending the precautionary approach in such a serious matter, the duo says that, just because it hasn’t been confirmed that Ebola can transfer through the air doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be treated as such, especially when people’s lives are on the line.

The fact of the matter is that Ebola has never been proven not to transmit through the air, which is reason enough to assume that it does for the safety of workers on the ground.

The two doctors explain that, scientifically speaking, Ebola currently has “unclear modes of transmission,” meaning nobody truly knows all the ways that infections can emerge.

“We believe there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks,” they wrote, citing an earlier paper Dr. Brosseau published in the American Journal of Infection Control....."

University of Minnesota: COMMENTARY: Health workers need optimal respiratory protection for Ebola

"We believe there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles both near and at a distance from infected patients, which means that healthcare workers should be wearing respirators, not facemasks.1

The minimum level of protection in high-risk settings should be a respirator with an assigned protection factor greater than 10. A powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) with a hood or helmet offers many advantages over an N95 filtering facepiece or similar respirator, being more protective, comfortable, and cost-effective in the long run.

We strongly urge the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to seek funds for the purchase and transport of PAPRs to all healthcare workers currently fighting the battle against Ebola throughout Africa—and beyond....."
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#45]

EXCELLENT INFORMATION, Thanks!!!

MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#46]
US hospital isolates 'Ebola' patient
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 3:58 PM

Doctors carry the body of a person killed by the Ebola virus. Credit: AFP  

A patient with symptoms of Ebola has been placed in strict isolation at a Texas hospital, and test results are expected later on Tuesday, a spokesperson told AFP.

No details about the patient were released, but the hospital said it was evaluating the person based on "symptoms and recent travel history."

Test results are expected from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Tuesday afternoon, said Stephen O'Brien, spokesperson for the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas.

The world's largest outbreak of Ebola virus has infected 6574 people across five west African countries, and killed 3091, according to the World Health Organization.

An American doctor who was exposed to the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone was admitted Sunday to a clinic of the National Institutes of Health outside Washington.

AFP

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another article:

A patient in a Dallas hospital is showing signs of the Ebola virus and is being kept in strict isolation with test results pending, hospital officials said Monday.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas said in a statement Monday that the patient's symptoms and recent travel indicated a case of Ebola, the virus that has killed more than 3,000 people across West Africa and infected a handful of Americans who have traveled to that region.

Preliminary test results from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are expected to come back Tuesday.

Hospital spokeswoman Candace White would not answer any questions about the patient or where the patient had visited.

The National Institutes of Health recently admitted an American doctor exposed to the virus while volunteering in Sierra Leone. Four other patients have been treated at hospitals in Georgia and Nebraska.

Presbyterian Hospital's statement said officials there were following CDC recommendations to keep doctors, staff and patients safe.

According to the CDC, Ebola symptoms can include fever, muscle pain, vomiting and bleeding, and can appear as long as 21 days after exposure to the virus.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#47]
"Technically, over time, the Sus lineage of mammals (pigs) could give rise to a flying form, like what happened with some earlier lineage of mammal that gave rise to bats. So what I’m really saying is that Ebola will go airborne when pigs fly. Both are possible. But if that is what you really think of as “possible” instead of just “no, it won’t happen” than you may need to calibrate and stop buying those lottery tickets!"

Ebola Will Not Become Airborne And Here Is Why

This discussion has been going on for some time, and a handful of recent events have prompted me to jump into it (beyond a simple comment or two). First, I saw a bunch of yammering among various biology teachers about this topic. Then Michael Osterholm wrote a well intentioned but seemingly deeply flawed opinion at the New York Times, then Dina Fine Maron wrote an excellent piece at Scientific American deconstructing Osterholm’s piece, then the latter two (and more) were summarized and expanded on in a post by Ann Reid at the NCSE.

Here, I will expand on this by applying first principles from evolutionary theory, organizing our thoughts in Tinbergenesque Terms.

There are four categories of reasons that Ebola won’t go airborne. I’m going farther out on a limb here than most others, who say things like “it is possible, but…” Imma say it just isn’t going to happen. Technically, over time, the Sus lineage of mammals (pigs) could give rise to a flying form, like what happened with some earlier lineage of mammal that gave rise to bats. So what I’m really saying is that Ebola will go airborne when pigs fly. Both are possible. But if that is what you really think of as “possible” instead of just “no, it won’t happen” than you may need to calibrate and stop buying those lottery tickets!

Here is why Ebola won’t go airborne.

First, diseases in general, including viruses, do change which species they infect sometimes, and they change in virulence and the exact effects on the host, but they really don’t change their mode of transmission. At the largest evolutionary scale there have been some novelties, obviously (or there would be no variation!). I am pretty sure many of the influenza viruses are not transmitted through the air, but the only ones we bother to name and study do, and are a subset of a larger group that transmits via water. I may have that wrong (going on old personal communications here) but if I am wrong that just crosses off Influenza as a virus that changed mode of transmission. Ebola is in a large group of viruses that are actually found in plants. Obviously, there was a change in transmission at the origin of Ebola. But really, this does not happen very often. If you can think of examples please tell me. (For a non virus example, Malaria is transmitted the same way all the time even if it changes (rarely) which species it affects or otherwise evolves like crazy to stay ahead of interventions.)

In short, we expect strong phylogenetic inertia in mode of transmission.

Second, there is no in place mechanism, probably. Ebola does not infect the tissues it would need to infect to make its way into a sneeze or cough. That would require a major change.

Third, developmentally, the first step in a virus’s life cycle is getting itself into a cell. Airborne viruses need to have a key that matches a lock on the outside of respiratory tissues. So Ebola not only lacks the means for getting out through a sneeze or cough, it also lacks the ability to do much if it did.

Fourth, it is not adaptive. Yes, a virus can mutate to do something stupid and maybe get a Darwin Award, but the chances are at least somewhat reduced. Ebola is very deadly in humans. Humans and the animal vectors that may stand between fruit bats (the likely wild host) and humans are not good hosts for Ebola. The chances of Ebola evolving to infect an unsuitable host are reduced.

Phylogenetically unlikely, mechanistically unlikely, ontogenetically unlikely, adaptively unlikely. Evolution is like baseball but slightly different. Four Tinbergen Strikes and you are out.

Now, the usual arguments in favor of Ebola doing the Hollywood thing rely on references to other viruses, like Influenza. Well, Influenza is way different from Ebola in its reproduction. It has a whole way of evolving that Ebola does not have. In fact, the differences is greater than, potentially (and rarely, but not never) the difference between evolution under sexual reproduction and evolution under simple replication. If two different Influenza strains infect the same cell, they can recombine to make an entirely novel never before seen Influenza. That is a very big deal and is thought to be the primary mechanism for the evolution of novel dangerous flu strains. Ebola does not do that. Ebola can’t do that.

Ebola does not do that. That thing Influenza does.

I said that twice. Now I’ll say it another way. Using Influenza evolution as a model for Ebola evolution is like using Primate Behavior as a model for Sea Slug Behavior. In other words, it does not fit.

Will Ebola go airborne? No.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#48]
CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055#.

It spreads easier then we think...  May not be airborne but its not stopping.

I get surprised at the people saying its nothing to worry about and its all a propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I get surprised at the people saying its nothing to worry about and its all a propaganda.
View Quote

FYI: and here i'm assuming he came in through DFW ;

Number of on-airport employees: approx. 60,000

Number of daily passengers: approx. 165,580

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to CDC Dir, Apparently he was not showing any signs and as a result he was not contagious.  He arrived on Sept 20th, showed symptoms on 25-26 and goes to the hospital, due to general symptoms being similar to flu, he was sent home. He comes back to the hosspital and gets admitted on 28th and diagnosed today.

If it is not airborne and if timeline is accurate, there is very little risk to the US population due to our sanitation practices!  
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top