Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome thread.  Great updates.  Wish I had some property around here I could get like that.  So jealous.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
as to the thieves, im worried about that as well. my place is only accessable by truck, by driivng down a full mile long, dead end gravel road. i have seen evidence of someone on my property twice, both times it was a child sized atv. the guy at the beginning of the road has a kid atv parked in his yard with the same tires on it. im going to be adding barbed wire to the frontage, where a atv / vehicle might try to enter. its pretty thick already, so i wont need to do much.

i plan to make it as uninviting to thieves as possible, eventually installing solar powered items, fake cameras, game cameras, and some signs indicating there are cameras with cell service that send me emails of pictures, to identify tresspassers and thieves. along with motion alarms, etc. quite possibly with a actual cell service alarm system, that actually DOES send me alerts and pictures. .
thieves suck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Any updates?

Bigjeep
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any updates?

Bigjeep
View Quote

Just got back from having a family trip out there but haven't done much lately. I really need to get back in gear and get some work done!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just got back from having a family trip out there but haven't done much lately. I really need to get back in gear and get some work done!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Bigjeep

But the weather is so nice now..... for relaxing, and enjoying the peace of the country.

I think you need a hammock and a beer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But the weather is so nice now..... for relaxing, and enjoying the peace of the country.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Bigjeep

Lol, you aren't helping!

And, yes, the weather has been great...for fishing and hunting and working on my truck and bbqing...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol, you aren't helping!

And, yes, the weather has been great...for fishing and hunting and working on my truck and bbqing...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates?

Bigjeep

Lol, you aren't helping!

Your priorities are in order.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:46:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Pictures man, pictures!

Bigjeep
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
What county?  Was just down a ways west of Austin.  Need a neighbor?  

Great thread!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pictures man, pictures!

Bigjeep
View Quote

Sorry, no pics this trip brother. Just kids shooting cans and grownups sitting on the porch drinking beer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Great thread!
View Quote

Medina County. Come on down, we'll buy up the neighborhood and turn it into ARFcom-topia.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Medina County. Come on down, we'll buy up the neighborhood and turn it into ARFcom-topia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great thread!

This has my attention. Yes go on........

Bigjeep
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry, no pics this trip brother. Just kinds shooting cans and grownups sitting on the porch drinking beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures man, pictures!

Bigjeep

Sorry, no pics this trip brother. Just kinds shooting cans and grownups sitting on the porch drinking beer.

Life is good I see.

Bigjeep
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bigjeep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great thread!

Bigjeep

We'll make it all 'old west' and shit. Guns are mandatory for residence.

(I call dibs on running the saloon)
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Better not be no Miller Lite.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great thread!

Bigjeep

I'm in Waco.  Little bit of a haul for me but with company like this, awfully tempting.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure how I missed this for the past 2yr but this thread is AWESOME!!! Only read the first 2 and last 2 pages, plenty to catch up on. Really like what I've seen so far.

Ironically, I was just just talking to a co-worker about how I'd rather buy 10-20acres than a new M3 or 911; One will depreciate rapidly, the other almost guaranteed to appreciate and I can live & play there if I want.

This exactly what I have in mind, buy 10+ acres 30-60min from home and build a small cabin. I like the loft idea a lot. I've thought about a half-size shipping container for secure storage of tools etc.

ETA: Just finished reading the entire thread... one of the best on Arfcom ever!!! Good luck with the POS neighbor. If you can sell it, profit, and buy a bigger piece of land, win-win! Plus you've probably learned so much with this one, the next will be even better.
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top