Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:21:28 PM EDT
ok. i have been doing a LOT of trading. removing extra guns and calibers that i dont need. and replacing them with higher quality guns, and guns that all take the same mags, and calibers.  i just replaced a couple rifles, with the following.

heres my new shtf long range/ heavy rifle. please no hate. i know i could get a less expensive gun, but it just really touched me. I LOVE THIS BASTARD ! ! ! ! !

L.W.R.C. REPR...... 7.62MM, 18" DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

UPDATE.

ok optics. i want two optics for this rifle.........

#1...( long range precision scope, long range shooting, and developing loads). i currently have a leupold mk4, 4.5x14x40mm tactical type scope, with a 30mm tube, and mil dot reticle. . its a great scope. i have it on my rock river coyote rifle. ( this will be replaced with a bit less expensive leupold ar, scope. probably 3.5x10x40.)

this acog is a good size and weight for what i want. its not too heavy, its just right, decent magnification, and good light gathering.
#2. this is going to be a A.G.O.G.. its a 3.5x35mm scope.  THE ONLY ISSUES I HAVE WITH THIS, IS IM AFRAID THE RETICLE IS SET FOR A 24 " BARREL, AND WILL CAUSE A WIDE VARIANCE OF BULLET DROPS WITH MY SHORTER 18" BARREL..   I ALSO KNOW 1200 METERS IS A LONG WAY. ITS JUST NEAT TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO DROP ROUNDS IN CLOSE AT THAT RANGE. I AM GOING TO DO MORE ACOG RESEARCH BEFORE I BUY ANYTHING....... THOUGHTS?

i want to have this mounted most of the time. it will allow a wide varety of shots, very fast. 0-1200 meters.  

TA11J-308G:  Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Scope, Dual Illuminated Green Crosshair .308 Ballistic Reticle w/ TA51 Mount

heres the acog, and reticle

reticle

i have big plans for this rifle. this is what i plan on it looking like in about a year...... ( except for the stock, im keeping the magpul ubr stock. i like it a lot better
cant wait ! ! ! ! !

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
if it works for you....

I've found a friends ported .45 more accurate for me than any 9mm or .40 I've tried that would seem at first glance to fit my hand better. I don't know why, but the big full sized, ported 1911 looks wrong but I can actually hit the target with it whereas the others look right...but in use are not nearly as accurate.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
A 16" REPR is my grail gun
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That is one hell of an upgrade
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice, I like.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Iv been drooling over them for a while. Finally took the plunge. Im definately adding a supressor to it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
congrats

I was considering that weapon too,
it just was a lot of money for my, and got a Pof308

maybe a couple of more trades and some money on my part, and I'll get a 20in repr
post some vel. when you get a chance
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Ill post a lot when i get it!     range reports, deer hunting, (this is my new deer rifle) etc.    Paid 2grand on it today.  gonna take a month or so to scrape up the money for the rest. Ill post lots when it comes home.  Gotta decide on optics now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ok. i have been doing a LOT of trading. removing extra guns and calibers that i dont need. and replacing them with higher quality guns, and guns that all take the same mags, and calibers.  i just replaced a couple rifles, with the following.

heres my new shtf long range/ heavy rifle. please no hate. i know i could get a less expensive gun, but it just really touched me. I LOVE THIS BASTARD ! ! ! ! !

L.W.R.C. REPR...... 7.62MM, 18" DESIGNATED MARKSMAN RIFLE.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/lwrc-repr-18-308-a-1.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/buck19delta/lwrc-repr-18-308-b.jpg

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
I checked one of those out when I bought my M1A. That word that comes to mind is "SOLID". If I'd had the money, I'd have snapped it up in a second.

Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:25:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice. Thinkin along the same lines but going with a PWS MK214.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#12]
two thumbs up

I have a DMR in another caliber and it's scary accurate

please keep us posted
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the way it's set up.
The weight isn't inspiring.
3+k that would take a fuckload of convincing that it's indestructible with a ridiculous brl life and accuracy.

That said if money wasn't an issue at all it certainly looks like something i would like.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#14]
A friend just bought one and he is really likeing it . enjoy .
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
3+k that would take a fuckload of convincing that it's indestructible with a ridiculous brl life and accuracy.

That said if money wasn't an issue at all it certainly looks like something i would like.

barrel life should be pretty good.

Note the general glossiness and color variations of the steel components on an LWRC weapon. Some pieces look jet black while others appear a bluish black. Still other pieces appear dark gray in color. That is NiCorr. LWRC barrels and other steel components are treated with NiCorr rather than being phosphated on the outside and chromed on the inside. NiCorr is a low-temperature, nitro-carburizing treatment followed by an oxidation/impregnation phase.  NiCorr imparts excellent wear resistance, increased yield and fatigue strength, lubricity, and corrosion resistance, while phosphating gives only corrosion resistance.

NiCorr leaves a hard, low microfinish, corrosion-resistant surface capable of resisting 360+ hours of accelerated salt spray as tested per ASTM B117.  NiCorr results in minimal distortion or other changing of the pieces' dimensions. NiCorr is more lubricious, harder wearing, more heat- and corrosion-resistant than the hardchrome normally used in military small arms bores, and LWRC barrels will withstand 20,000 rounds before replacement. (The typical service life of a M4 barrel is 6,000 to 10,000 rounds.)

For many decades, American Military chambers and bores have been chrome-plated for corrosion resistance and barrel life. For the plated chamber and bore dimensions to be correct after plating, the components must be cut slightly undersize because of the additional thickness of the plating. And the plating is inherently uneven. It's never perfectly flat, and there are almost always nodules, flaking, pits, or anode burrs with chrome plating. All of these imperfections affect intrinsic accuracy. That is why match and target weapons have unplated bores

NiCorr suffers from no such disadvantages. Because the NiCorr process is a surface conversion and does not add material like plating, the bores and chambers can be hammer forged exactly to size. NiCorr results in chemical and structural composition changes that can be described as a case hardening to a depth of 0.005” of the alloy leading to increased surface hardness, lower coefficient of friction, enhanced surface lubricity, improved running wear performance, increased sliding wear resistance, enhanced corrosion resistance, and greater heat resistance than industrial hard chrome. NiCorr also has superior corrosion resistance than traditional phosphating for the exterior of the barrels. The combination of hammer-forging and NiCorr finishing results in extremely tough and accurate barrels.

The unique LWRCI™ Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle (R.E.P.R.) is a full spectrum weapon system designed to put devastating 7.62mm NATO rounds on target in a variety of roles. The R.E.P.R. rifle allows a marksman to perform assaulter duty with the 12” barreled upper installed, and quickly switch to a sniper role simply by changing to the 20” barreled upper. The extra upper receiver assembly can be carried in a backpack and takes up less room and weighs less than carrying a separate rifle.

The R.E.P.R. rifle utilizes our patented self-regulating, short-stroke gas-piston operating system, ensuring unparalleled reliability in the harshest theaters of operation. A side-mounted charging handle allows the shooter to perform reloads without removing their eyes from the target, and prevents any gas blowback to the face when using a suppressor. The ARM-R™ rails are easily removable and reinstalled with a hex key and provide a 100% return to zero for optics and lasers.

The R.E.P.R. rifle is available in three models: Standard Model (12”, 16.1”), Designated Marksman Rifle (18”), and Sniper Model (20”). The DMR and Sniper models will feature Geissele triggers. Each R.E.P.R. rifle comes with one barreled upper, but extra uppers are available in light contour 12” and 16.1”, medium contour 18” and heavy contour 20” configurations. Custom packages including one lower and two or more barreled uppers are available. These packages can be had with a variety of optics and accessories. Contact our customer service department for specifications.

The R.E.P.R. is available in black, Olive Drab Green (Cerakote), and Flat Dark Earth (Cerakote).

Caliber:  7.62 NATO

Barrel Length:  12 & 16" (Med-Light),
18"(Med),
20"(Heavy)

Barrel Construction: Cold Rotary
Hammer Forged

Weight (unloaded): 16" barrel: 9.5 lbs;
18" barrel: 10.5 lbs;
20" barrel: 11.25 lbs

Length (overall length):  37.5-40.8"
(16" barrel)
40.5-41.5" (20" barrel)

Rate of Fire:55 RPM (Sustained Rate of
Fire)
Rifling:  1/10" RH
1/11.25" RH (Optional)
Stock:12" & 16": 6 Position Collapsible
VLTOR EMod
18": MagPul UBR
20": MagPul PRS
Pistol Grip:  MagPul MIAD
Sights:  Folding BUIS
Magazine:  5, 10, 20 Round Mags
Available- One 20 round
mag shipped with each
gun where allowed by law
Trigger:  12" & 16" Enhanced Mil-Spec;
18" Non-adjustable Geissele;
20" Adjustable Geissele
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider:
7.62 NATO 5/8 X 24 TPI

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Needs AAR and pics from a range trip or something
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Buck......It's AWESOME!!!!  Congratulations!!!!  Shoot it like you stole it!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

hey thanks......im really looking foreward to getting it out and shooting it. it is a lot of $$$$$. im not a rich guy, iv just gotten expensive tastes. i will be scrimping, and scraping to pay this thing off. since its a .308, i might trade my deer rifle in on it.. dunno yet.

optics are next. i was looking at a large a.c..o.g. with a .308 reticle. 3.5x35 mm i think it was, with a leupold 4.5x14 mk4 scope as a secondary optic all with quick release mounts. ! ! !
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Yesterday, I bought an Armalite AR-10 Carbine.  I'm trying to decide between a EoTech/Aimpoint & Magnifier setup, or my dealer recommended a sweet Trijicon 1-4 Scope.

Probably have to buy another AR-10 so I don't have to decide on a scope configuration!!!  

I love ACOGs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Looks great.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice,  congrats.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I went the LMT route for the money savings and spent the extra on ammo. I have shot the large ACOG on another LMT and while I like it OK it is very, very heavy and honestly I was not that impressed with it. I have a 4x ACOG on an m16A4 build and love it, but I just did not care for the large ACOG as much. I would highly recommend trying one on a rifle before deciding. I went with a Trijicon Acupoint scope on mine and like it much better. Great rifle and I'm jealous of it. One thing I liked about it over the LMT was that it seemed significant'y lighter than the LMT even though it had a longer barrel. I think they all (LMT and LWRC) shoot around one MOA.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey thanks......im really looking foreward to getting it out and shooting it. it is a lot of $$$$$. im not a rich guy, iv just gotten expensive tastes. i will be scrimping, and scraping to pay this thing off. since its a .308, i might trade my deer rifle in on it.. dunno yet.

optics are next. i was looking at a large a.c..o.g. with a .308 reticle. 3.5x35 mm i think it was, with a leupold 4.5x14 mk4 scope as a secondary optic all with quick release mounts. ! ! !

Congrats on the new addition, they look to be awesome rifles!  Don't part with your deer rifle in case you ever decide to hunt in States that don't allow autoloaders (like PA).  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats on the new addition, they look to be awesome rifles!  Don't part with your deer rifle in case you ever decide to hunt in States that don't allow autoloaders (like PA).  Just a thought.

If he cant hunt with an autoloader, just remove the piston assembly. Boom, straight pull bolt action.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
buck19delta

I'm most certainly not trying to poo in your thread so don't take me wrong...... . I just like talking guns.
I really do like the way the gun is set up. I'm a bigtime left side charging handle guy.
It looks extremely well setup to me.
I'd love to test one till destruction

The ta 33-9 is a great 308 acog...... just stay away from the 5.5x or 6x acogs they are just to heavy for what they are IMO
You can run a leupold mk4 along with a red dot for that kind of weight.

I hope you enjoy it and it turns out to be a great gun.
I'm probably being unreasonable i just expect a lot for a rifle that cost that much without optics.

I just don't care for "advertising" like what i have in bold below.
It's vague BS trickery for people that aren't very well informed.
6,000 to 10,000 rounds is an extremely low estimate for a m4 brl to "withstand" unless it's all full auto mag dumps
they last pretty decent unless your trying to destroy them.....
18months 15k rnds ss barrel

filthy 14 over 40k

I've personally run a few over 10k before i sold them and one over 20k all of them were still ~3 inch guns with ball ammo (same as when i started).
Of course i baby all mine and never shoot fast (Halffast stay out of this thread)

Quoted:
Quoted:

barrel life should be pretty good.

Note the general glossiness and color variations of the steel components on an LWRC weapon. Some pieces look jet black while others appear a bluish black. Still other pieces appear dark gray in color. That is NiCorr. LWRC barrels and other steel components are treated with NiCorr rather than being phosphated on the outside and chromed on the inside. NiCorr is a low-temperature, nitro-carburizing treatment followed by an oxidation/impregnation phase.  NiCorr imparts excellent wear resistance, increased yield and fatigue strength, lubricity, and corrosion resistance, while phosphating gives only corrosion resistance.

NiCorr leaves a hard, low microfinish, corrosion-resistant surface capable of resisting 360+ hours of accelerated salt spray as tested per ASTM B117.  NiCorr results in minimal distortion or other changing of the pieces' dimensions. NiCorr is more lubricious, harder wearing, more heat- and corrosion-resistant than the hardchrome normally used in military small arms bores, and LWRC barrels will withstand 20,000 rounds before replacement. (The typical service life of a M4 barrel is 6,000 to 10,000 rounds.)

[/b]

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Of course i baby all mine and never shoot fast (Halffast stay out of this thread)

My sig on GOTX.com:

I'm not saying Acman blows through his ammo like a crack whore spending her welfare check, I'm just saying he doesn't want to die from a lack of shooting back.

Honestly, it takes him longer to insert a mag than it does to empty it...and he puts them in pretty darn fast!  

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll admit to not reading the thread.  I just want to toss out a little truth in advertising message.  acman is the only SFer that I have noticed posting a pic of a bolt action rifle that really could be bump-fired.  Fast is a relative word.  Now do consider what acman might really mean when he is talking about self-loading firearms and he uses the word "fast."

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sig on GOTX.com:

I'm not saying Acman blows through his ammo like a crack whore spending her welfare check, I'm just saying he doesn't want to die from a lack of shooting back.

Honestly, it takes him longer to insert a mag than it does to empty it...and he puts them in pretty darn fast!  

Link Posted: 7/22/2011 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate you.

Sweet rifle OP, been drooling over one of those for a while myself.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey, Buck-

I just traded an M1A and 1911 for an AR10, so I'm there with you.  There are some guys on here that would nail me to a cross for that decision, but I took my time and DEFINITELY made the right choice.  I got one with a 20" Krieger barrel and it's 3/4MOA with 168grSMK.  I set it up with a Harris/Larue bipod and the optic is an SWFA SS 10x42.  VERY happy with the setup and the Form 4 on my Omega 30 is pending.  

I'm in northern KY.  Where are you?  We need to take our guns out on a date!
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
nice rig, but doesn't seem very southpaw friendly, or even ambi.

other than that, good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#33]
My Cousin got one and put a Nightforce and an AAC can on it. It is really nice, but Lord is that thing heavy. After spending all the money on the rifle, optic, can, mags and accessories; he can't afford to go out and train with the rifle enough to get the true effectiveness of what that weapon can do. I'm in the market for something like that, but i've decided to go with the Larue OBR 5.56 in 20in and put a can on it. I've got 2500 rd of Black Hills 75gr match just waiting. Right now, my M16A4 clone with ACOG is my favorite. Don't forget the range report!
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I have the LWRC M6A2 in 5.56 that I really like.
Link Posted: 7/22/2011 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I like the rifle for what it is.  However I have been trying to shift towards parts commanality and readily available parts.

How many parts are proprietary on the rifle?
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 1:13:27 AM EDT
[#36]
those things make ne drool. and yes, im jealous as hell.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]
i really love the rifle. i put a acog on in the gun shop, i believe it was a 3.5x35mm m240 acog. it was a pretty nice scope.allow me to cover pretty much anything from 5-500 yards or more.  i thinking about one that size, with a slightly different reticle.  ill do a little more shopping before i commit to a acog.
i do have a rifle scope already.  leupold mk4, 4.5x14x40mm, with mil dot reticle , its currently sitting on my coyote rifle.

im not yet  sure about any parts that are specific to this rifle and no others.( im sure some are) im planning to do what i do with my other guns. ill buy spare parts. the mags are pmags. ill buy a spare bolt carrier, and a bolt,firing pin, and spring kit. basically the usual suspects.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#38]
There was a thefirearmblog review on the R.E.P.R. and it mentioned a heavy recoil impulse not present in other guns like the Larue OBR.

The R.E.P.R. is piston operated, the OBR is D.I., but the review fairly states that the sharp impulse was unappealing on such an expensive rifle.

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There was a thefirearmblog review on the R.E.P.R. and it mentioned a heavy recoil impulse not present in other guns like the Larue OBR.

The R.E.P.R. is piston operated, the OBR is D.I., but the review fairly states that the sharp impulse was unappealing on such an expensive rifle.

Since when are cost and recoil impulse directly correlated?

I could understand arguing other merrits, but cost to recoil impulse correlation?
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice!

I chose a 4x ACOG for my SHTF rifle. Great glass, tough as hell, light weight, and I like the BDC reticle. They are expensive as hell but worth it for your go to rifle. I think you should really consider the 4x ACOG instead of the 3x. I like the BDC reticle calibrated for out past 1000 meters, that is definitely the way to go especially for 308. I wish they would make more models with a BDC reticle for 1000meters for 223 (especially since mk262).... but I am told that they purposely don't so that soldiers don't attempt those longer shots. Grrrrrr. Anyway, awesome weapon.

ETA; Larue makes a killer return to zero mount for the ACOG and you can get a good deal on a ACOG with Larue mount combo if you buy the ACOG from Larue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#41]

I could understand arguing other merrits, but cost to recoil impulse correlation?

I think the reviewer was trying to say that for such an expensive rifle, the designers should have made it less painful to shoot. The reviewers face hurt after some amount of time. I recommend people go watch it for themselves.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2011/06/07/lwrci-repr-308-review/

ETA: I re-watched the review and I don't see that the reviewer complained that his face hurt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I think the reviewer was trying to say that for such an expensive rifle, the designers should have made it less painful to shoot. The reviewers face hurt after some amount of time. I recommend people go watch it for themselves.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2011/06/07/lwrci-repr-308-review/

i dunno... i hear a lot of people say the hk-91 recoils hard. its never bothered me at all. unless this thing can exceed the hk-91 by quite a bit, i dont expect any problems.
Link Posted: 7/23/2011 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#43]
<Envious>

If you decide to go w/ real glass vs. a ACOG, check into Nightforce, excellent stuff –– but pricey.  I have one of the 3.5X ACOG's on a 5.56, and it's clear as a bell, and brighter than some of them with smaller objectives.

Pls followup in the fall/winter as to whether you think it was $ well spent.

-Slice

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you decide to go w/ real glass vs. a ACOG, check into Nightforce, excellent stuff –– but pricey.  I have one of the 3.5X ACOG's on a 5.56, and it's clear as a bell, and brighter than some of them with smaller objectives.

ditto on the AGOGs and the NF.
myTA11s are lighter and mobile,
but the NXS is scary accurate (and tough as nails)

(eta) the ACOGs are on the lighter fighters and the NF on the DMR
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Great rifle and great optic.

I have a TA11G as well.  The green reticle is wonderful.

It looks worlds better in person than in this picture, but here you go:

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#46]
That is an awesome rifle! I have a Trijicon Accupoint on my 6.8spc AR. It is a 2.5x10 powered scope. It has a mil-rad reticle system with a small green dot in the center. A large front optic that really gathers the light and set on 2.5 power you can shoot it with both eyes open. You might want to take a look see at that one too.  None-the-less, your R.E.P.R. is a great set up for an AR. I have a German made HK93 that I've hardly shot. It is a great rifle but I think your L.W.R.C. is better. Have fun with your new gun..
Link Posted: 7/25/2011 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Check out the new nightforce optic with the velocity reticle. I went with the 2.5-10x32 with the velocity reticle. It's like an ACOG with adjustable power.

linky

Nightforce PDF
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 4:58:25 AM EDT
[#48]
just a update.   i owe $600 on the rifle. i will pay it off on friday, ( 4 days from now), the gun shop said they expected the gun to arrive thursday or friday. ... i will post pictures when i get it home.  it just sucks that  ended up selling some nice stuff to buy this. however in the process i dropped 4 calibers, to help consolidate my calibers to a more manageable #. right now i have.

1. .308, / repr, and bolt deer rifle....... ( deer rifle, and mbr/ sniper)
2. .243 daughters deer rifle.................( daughters rifle)
3. 9mm..................................................( family common handgun caliber)
4 .45acp................................................( ccw weapon caliber)
5 .12 guage...........................................( home defense shotgun)
6. .22 lr..................................................( practice and small game guns).
7. 5.56mm..............................................family common defense caliber.  

part of what i sold for the repr, were , 2- ptr-91 rifles. ( hated selling them, due to the fact mags cost $1.00.  i also had to sell my rock river arms coyote rifle. now selling that rifle SUCKED ! ! ! !  although my buddy paid my, exactly what i paid for it. he wanted it bad, due to its extreme accuracy. he honestly didnt think he could buy another one as accurate, ( maybe hes right? )

HOWEVER.  i think the new rifle will be worth it............( plus im going to buy another coyote rifle to replace the one i sold.)  eventually..  i am very proficient with the ar series rifles. ( 20+ years experience). the lwrc, repr, is a much more ergonomic rifle. i can drop the mag, and reload, as easily as a ar15. ( hk-91 always took 2 hands, and i had to take my hand off the grip to do it, plus yank the charging handle.

1. the repr is much faster to reload.
2. standard bolt release.
3. long assed rail, for stupid easy low mount,  optic mounting ( 100 times better than a hk-91. )
4. also, even though my ptr rifles were very accurate. ( 3/4-1 inch at 100 yards), the repr is supposed to be much more accurate. i have seen  a few 1/2" @ 200 yard groups from one. im looking foreward to working up some quality loads.  

im not trying to hate on the hk rifle. i like them. its just the repr is much more user friendly, and a lot more accurate. plus you can swap uppers, which has its appeal.

here is the scope i have ready to mount on my rifle. while its far from the top of the line, its also not a cheap assed scope either.

leupold  mildot , 4.5x14x40mm mk4, with 30mm tube.   although i might send it back to the factory, and have a bdc added to it, for 168 grain ammo.  i also have a set of a.r.m.s. qd rings to mount it. i think ill eventually replace them with the larue mount.

Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Double tap...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#50]
No hate here brother (seething jealousy perhaps, but no hate)

I've long been a huge believer in the TA-11 series ACOG. Been running an 11 and an 11D for years and I absolutely love them both. More recently I installed a 1-4x24 AccuPoint in an effort to find a "variable ACOG", and the results thus far have been very promising.

Once you get the BDC sorted out on your 11J, could you share the results? My next project will be a precision 7.62, so I'll be monitoring your progress closely. Thanks in advance

Love the Reaper, by the way!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top