Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Meh...I tend to do my prepping on more of a weekly or monthly basis, rather than daily one...

& This week, I purchased a gallon each of LSA & Cosmoline, a few small spare firearm parts & accessories, and two replacement packs of Surefire lithium batteries (since the original packs I had are now expired.)

It may not seem like much, but even adding to preps on a weekly or monthly basis can all add up rather quickly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I went and tested a couple of new handguns.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a few 14mm button compasses, S/S and brass snare wire, 12pack of 4" chemlights, 12pack of standard 12hr chemlights, and the normal weekly ammo purchase.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Planted a fig tree and an apple tree.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Powerhorse 2ki generator.

I've been putting off a generator purchase, but Matthew moved up my time line. In my defense I have access to a 20k generator 40 feet away, but if it hits it'll be needed to run all of our sump pumps at my business.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Primed 500 cases
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Went out at 4 this morning to test out moving quietly to overwatch locations quietly with no light.
Learned that I need to work on trail and cactus hurts more in the dark....
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Kicking myself for missing another free shipping sale at Atlantic British. I have the budget for 8 20L cans but not interested in $90 shipping.

What I actually accomplished:

1. Added 4 #10 cans of mountain house to the food stash.

2. Picked up some canned chicken and sardines from Costco.

3. Moved into a new home and am setting up the food storage in a much more logical setup. Should be easier to audit and rotate this way.

4. Grabbed some parts for a trunk gun.

5. More ammo (.556/9mm/.22)

6. Used some equity from the house sale to set up a larger emergency fund than I've ever had.

7. Tried some new recipe's that should be healthier, cheaper, use storage, and use foods from the garden.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kicking myself for missing another free shipping sale at Atlantic British. I have the budget for 8 20L cans but not interested in $90 shipping.

3. Moved into a new home and am setting up the food storage in a much more logical setup. Should be easier to audit and rotate this way.

6. Used some equity from the house sale to set up a larger emergency fund than I've ever had.

7. Tried some new recipe's that should be healthier, cheaper, use storage, and use foods from the garden.

View Quote

Check the Atlantic British eBay store for free shipping.

Sold one of my rifles to put the money towards another, better, rifle.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Noice!

8. Ordered 8 20L jerry cans, 2 flexible spouts, and a small pile of spare gaskets.

Thanks Grim.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:45:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Built this....

7.62x39, 16" chrome lined Green Mountain barrel, Anderson lower, Magpul furniture, UNK bolt from EE, painted with Brownells alumihyde in coyote, RZE unimag.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Wife (FINALLY) took her LTC (License To Carry) class recently, all paperwork/fingerprints turned in, just waiting on the mail. She'll be carrying a Glock 42

Got a suppressor on my son's M&P-15/22 and it runs great, and very quiet, on three different brands of subsonics. He's also shot in a couple of .22 carbine competitions with me and is planning on doing more

I've been consistent with exercise, but I'm beginning to realize that double knee surgery is in the future for me...

I'm being consistent with rotation of spare gas and H2O and trying to keep GHB's supplies  rotated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This right here is what prepping is all about to me.  I have some friends that are new to this kind of thinking and are all about prepping for the zombie apocalypse, solar flares, EOTWAWKI type stuff.  I was guilty of that when I first started too, but now I focus on stuff that is more likely to happen such as being stuck home in an ice storm with no power, being broken down on the side of the road, or being stuck away from home somewhere just needing some comfort items like snacks, phone charger, change of clothes, etc such as you what went through.  I believe being ready for these mundane inconveniences goes a long way to handling much larger scale events if they are to ever happen.  Plus when these smaller things happen and friends/family see how you easily overcome the issues by being prepared, they usually get on board and want to be ready themselves, so they don't have to repeat the situation the next time it occurs.

Back on topic I just scored some food grade barrels with removable lids that I want to store bulk chicken feed in.  Now I just have to settle on a layer mix that I can put together economically (cheap) that is also nutritious for the girls.  Please share if you have a good recipe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been trying to get my EDC vehicle backpack stocked up lately. I recently used an under armor gift card for a 1/4 zip and actually got to use it this week. My wife is pregnant and ended up needing to spend 9 hours in the ER Wednesday evening (Just a scare, everything was ok, think it was gashttp://). Anyway, I basically had to sit there in those terribly uncomfortable chairs for 9 hours and they had the AC set to ice. Wifey was in and out for tests so while she was gone I went out to the car and got the pullover and my phone charger from my backpack. It was a sucky situation all around, but getting some warmth and power to my phone (family and friends were draining it texting questions) made it not so bad. It really is the little things that make a huge difference in morale. Sorry, TL/DR, CSB, and all that.

This right here is what prepping is all about to me.  I have some friends that are new to this kind of thinking and are all about prepping for the zombie apocalypse, solar flares, EOTWAWKI type stuff.  I was guilty of that when I first started too, but now I focus on stuff that is more likely to happen such as being stuck home in an ice storm with no power, being broken down on the side of the road, or being stuck away from home somewhere just needing some comfort items like snacks, phone charger, change of clothes, etc such as you what went through.  I believe being ready for these mundane inconveniences goes a long way to handling much larger scale events if they are to ever happen.  Plus when these smaller things happen and friends/family see how you easily overcome the issues by being prepared, they usually get on board and want to be ready themselves, so they don't have to repeat the situation the next time it occurs.

Back on topic I just scored some food grade barrels with removable lids that I want to store bulk chicken feed in.  Now I just have to settle on a layer mix that I can put together economically (cheap) that is also nutritious for the girls.  Please share if you have a good recipe.

This is the exact opposite of what prepping is or should be, in my theory to it. You generally don't hope AND prepare for the best. A couple days without power is easy enough to survive, even snowed in. You'll have a couple days of food on hand, and even if you didn't it wouldn't matter much, you'd just be hungary (fit and well person). I don't see it as prepping to be comfortable if something bad happened, but to survive. Though 'preps' can usually make a crappy situation a little more comfortable or easier; I really don't think that's what it's about. The food in your fridge can spoil, it can be boring if you can't dink around on your phone the whole time, and it can get cold/wet; but really doesn't matter much as long as you survive.

Like someone posted above, I and most everyone probably doesn't prep on a daily basis. This forum is usually a weekly summary or a 'I did this today and it was good!' update.

I gave a very new shooter some instruction on handgun, since she was worried about her carry permit class coming up. She seemed to appreciate it, as she was already dead set on being done shooting for the day by the time I started with her, but she was trying to schedule another range trip on the next soonest day possible. A prep in a way that there'll be a new, semi-instructed person possibly carrying out there. Also, I think teaching and sepcifically firearms instruction is a skill that isn't automatic. I've seen mostly horrible instructing and coaching out there on the line.

Sealing and stacking ammo away. I want to call it 'good' but this election has me in a tizzy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I watched Walking Dead and walked my dogs. As 2pac said, "ready for wuteva"
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I watched Walking Dead and walked my dogs. As 2pac said, "ready for wuteva"
View Quote

You watched one of the many American soap operas and walked a dog? How does that help??
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I injured my back among other things 10 years ago and and allowed myself to get into horrible shape as the pain was enough to keep me from walking.
I got with a great Dr that is into preparedness and he has helped overcome 90% of my pain through diet.
We bought a treadmill last month and my goal is to replicate the journey to the BOL. I need to go 40 miles and gain 4000' in elevation.
Day one was 1/4 mile 0 elevation.
I am now up to 3.5 miles at a 3 degree incline with a 20lb pack. No pain!!!!!
If I had known that I could have dealt with the pain so easily 15 years ago I would be in a much better place today.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Usually pains and 'injuries' are directly related to weight. There was a GD article about it less than a week ago. The thread was actually about an article claiming doctors should be shunned if they tell their patients that they are overweight or should lose weight, even if it's the answer to an injury. I HATE this country so much sometimes....

Good prep though. People always whine about 'fitness' this and that for the end times. It's as true as it is for a soldier in the field, 'engaging and destroying the enemy in close combat!!!!!' but it's not something most have down, including those saying it.

This week... sold a Hogue grip to get my fav Magpul K2. After musical chairs, it'll land on my go-to PDW-type.

Order 7k rds of Wolf Gold. Election time + 31.7 cents per round gave me little choice. Most is mine, not all; so I also am getting friends and family to prep.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Usually pains and 'injuries' are directly related to weight. There was a GD article about it less than a week ago. The thread was actually about an article claiming doctors should be shunned if they tell their patients that they are overweight or should lose weight, even if it's the answer to an injury. I HATE this country so much sometimes....

Good prep though. People always whine about 'fitness' this and that for the end times. It's as true as it is for a soldier in the field, 'engaging and destroying the enemy in close combat!!!!!' but it's not something most have down, including those saying it.

This week... sold a Hogue grip to get my fav Magpul K2. After musical chairs, it'll land on my go-to PDW-type.

Order 7k rds of Wolf Gold. Election time + 31.7 cents per round gave me little choice. Most is mine, not all; so I also am getting friends and family to prep.
View Quote

That's true.
But in my case I need to gain weight and am up 10lbs from start. I hate the assumption that because you're skinny you're healthy.
A lot of the crap we eat is BAD for you and getting fat is the least of the problems caused.

Typing on tablet while hiking on treadmill is an added challenge
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]
pre-panic panic bought enough .22lr to keep my kids shooting until they are adults
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Wife got her LTC (License To Carry) in the mail and is carrying! Wife and son joined TSRA (TX State Rifle Assn.) - once wife's TSRA life membership is paid, both will get NRA memberships

Got the son's suppressed M&P-15/22 up and sunning - it's VERY quiet with subs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought another Mountain House bucket at Sam's Club.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is the exact opposite of what prepping is or should be, in my theory to it. You generally don't hope AND prepare for the best. A couple days without power is easy enough to survive, even snowed in. You'll have a couple days of food on hand, and even if you didn't it wouldn't matter much, you'd just be hungary (fit and well person). I don't see it as prepping to be comfortable if something bad happened, but to survive. Though 'preps' can usually make a crappy situation a little more comfortable or easier; I really don't think that's what it's about. The food in your fridge can spoil, it can be boring if you can't dink around on your phone the whole time, and it can get cold/wet; but really doesn't matter much as long as you survive.

Like someone posted above, I and most everyone probably doesn't prep on a daily basis. This forum is usually a weekly summary or a 'I did this today and it was good!' update.

I gave a very new shooter some instruction on handgun, since she was worried about her carry permit class coming up. She seemed to appreciate it, as she was already dead set on being done shooting for the day by the time I started with her, but she was trying to schedule another range trip on the next soonest day possible. A prep in a way that there'll be a new, semi-instructed person possibly carrying out there. Also, I think teaching and sepcifically firearms instruction is a skill that isn't automatic. I've seen mostly horrible instructing and coaching out there on the line.

Sealing and stacking ammo away. I want to call it 'good' but this election has me in a tizzy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been trying to get my EDC vehicle backpack stocked up lately. I recently used an under armor gift card for a 1/4 zip and actually got to use it this week. My wife is pregnant and ended up needing to spend 9 hours in the ER Wednesday evening (Just a scare, everything was ok, think it was gashttp://). Anyway, I basically had to sit there in those terribly uncomfortable chairs for 9 hours and they had the AC set to ice. Wifey was in and out for tests so while she was gone I went out to the car and got the pullover and my phone charger from my backpack. It was a sucky situation all around, but getting some warmth and power to my phone (family and friends were draining it texting questions) made it not so bad. It really is the little things that make a huge difference in morale. Sorry, TL/DR, CSB, and all that.

So you're saying having means to recharge my phone (for communication) and keep warm in an unforeseeable medical emergency was the opposite of what I should have done? Yes, I could have survived if my phone went dead, could have survived without my pull over. I could have survived without my debit card and supper that evening. I could have survived without a car. I'm in great shape and could have walked the 20 miles back to my house. I think it's pretty stupid if you get snowed in with no power, have a down jacket, but don't wear it because, "well that'd make me a little too comfortable and  I can't be comfortable in a sucky situation..."  

ETA: Sold a MK18 RIS II rail that was sitting in the closet doing nothing...for a lot more than I paid for it. Basically traded it straight up for a specwar k
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So you're saying having means to recharge my phone (for communication) and keep warm in an unforeseeable medical emergency was the opposite of what I should have done? Yes, I could have survived if my phone went dead, could have survived without my pull over. I could have survived without my debit card and supper that evening. I could have survived without a car. I'm in great shape and could have walked the 20 miles back to my house. I think it's pretty stupid if you get snowed in with no power, have a down jacket, but don't wear it because, "well that'd make me a little too comfortable and  I can't be comfortable in a sucky situation..."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we're talking winter preparedness, great. Thing is that's a very limited scope, especially with the low exposure time. Since I live in northern Minnesota, I'd consider no power for a week as the least dire situation to get into. But the things I'd do to even be comfortable during that, wouldn't help me survive a real disaster that well. It's sort of a bandaid vs a pressure bandage. Lots of guys on here carrying emergency med kits with bandaids in them...

I do consider common winter preparedness to be important, but I don't count it in with my [doomsday-type] prepping.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If we're talking winter preparedness, great. Thing is that's a very limited scope, especially with the low exposure time. Since I live in northern Minnesota, I'd consider no power for a week as the least dire situation to get into. But the things I'd do to even be comfortable during that, wouldn't help me survive a real disaster that well. It's sort of a bandaid vs a pressure bandage. Lots of guys on here carrying emergency med kits with bandaids in them...

I do consider common winter preparedness to be important, but I don't count it in with my [doomsday-type] prepping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense. Yea, our winter preps are going to look a lot different! We got a solid inch of snow last year here in NC.Schools were out and people freaked.

Back on topic: Running a 5k today. Haven't gone for a good run since June. I'm planning to get back in the daily 5k habit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought a couple books; What to do when the Russians Come and The Day After WWIII.

Now I have to read them.

Looks like they may arrived just in time!
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#26]
With all the saber rattling going on, I finally rounded out the CBRN preps. Went down to the local surplus store and picked up a few extra 40mm filters, chemical gloves and booties, and other assorted goodies.

Pretty set on bullets and beans, but may top off the canned food (can never have too much), and while I do have a few blow-out kits on my gear, I'm woefully lacking in general first aid gear.

BOV is being PM'd and configured for movement.

I live near enough a military installation that if anything over 400-500kt hits it, I'm pretty much screwed though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Finished that 5k in 24:15 yesterday. Def. not my best time, but not bad for my first run in over 6 months

The phyiscal fitness part of prepping is often overlooked. I'm trying not to neglect that aspect. Going for a 1.5 mile walk today to hopefully get rid of some the acid build up from yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Did a 12.23 mile ride on the Schuykill River Trail today, on my old Trek 820 mountain bike that I installed 1.5" wide slicks on this summer. This is the longest ride I've taken since getting back into cycling a few months ago. My average speed was about 11 MPH, which I'm ok with, since I was riding a bike slightly more aerodynamic than a brick.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought a couple more LED flash lights, added another 12 days to the current water supply on hand, put up some more food and booze and I started reading The Day After World War III (about the US Government's plan for restoring and rebuilding the United States after a nuclear exchange with the Soviet Union).
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Today I went out and tested my new silencer and put some more rounds through another new handgun, which I now certify as reliable.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Kind of aligns with the current theme here, 8mi kayak paddle down the Mississippi. Was more for family, but still fun, exercise, and helps us all decide what kayaks we'll get in the future.

Just got one of those little AAA Streamlight lights in the mail. Works great and convenient to keep around or on me. Guess that's more of an EDC thing than prep.

All the ladder style rail covers I ordered 1.5 months ago just showed up from China. Keeps the pic rails from cutting me up, especially in something like a slip, trip, fall / truck rollover / etc.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Stopped at a roadside yard sale and picked up a 36" crosscut/bucking saw for $10 yesterday.  needs a proper sharpening and new handle, but the spine is arrow straight and the teeth aren't worn down to nubs.  not a bad deal in my estimation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Closed on my second home today, located in a free state!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I live in an apartment so I don't have a basement or really much of anything I can use for a disaster shelter. So, I have been preparing to use my bathroom as a disaster shelter for anything from severe storms and tornadoes to a fallout shelter (such as it is, still better than nothing hopefully). It's a completely interior room with no outside walls or windows. It has the benefit of having running water (hopefully) and some space.

What I have done:

1. Cleaned out some cabinet space to stow emergency supplies like batteries, blankets, food, etc.

2. Put up some emergency food.

3. Put in a 12 day supply of bottled water

4. Put in a battery powered radio and a battery powered lantern

5. Ordered an air mattress with a battery powered air pump.

6. Added a 5 gallon bucket for flushing the toilet from bathtub water (hopefully I'll be able to fill the tub before something horrible happens).

7. Stowed a hammer and some roofing nails, in case I need to board up the door.

It's not the best, but it's the best I can do. In any case, if I need any of the stuff then it's still on hand, and if I need to run into my "shelter" then I already have (hopefully) everything I need. And if anyone comes over then they won't see anything out of the ordinary in there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#35]
We helped some Fuzz-Heads get started.
My oldest friend's youngest daughter is getting married today.
I gave them a HSGI rolling duffle crammed with goodies.
Also sold his son our 2001 F-150 with cap for $500 as they just had a baby.

The above good deal allowed me to re-acquire a much needed parking space.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Closed on my second home today, located in a free state!
View Quote

Thought AZ was free?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I live in an apartment so I don't have a basement or really much of anything I can use for a disaster shelter. So, I have been preparing to use my bathroom as a disaster shelter for anything from severe storms and tornadoes to a fallout shelter (such as it is, still better than nothing hopefully). It's a completely interior room with no outside walls or windows. It has the benefit of having running water (hopefully) and some space.

What I have done:

1. Cleaned out some cabinet space to stow emergency supplies like batteries, blankets, food, etc.
6. Added a 5 gallon bucket for flushing the toilet from bathtub water (hopefully I'll be able to fill the tub before something horrible happens).

It's not the best, but it's the best I can do. In any case, if I need any of the stuff then it's still on hand, and if I need to run into my "shelter" then I already have (hopefully) everything I need. And if anyone comes over then they won't see anything out of the ordinary in there.
View Quote

I assume that's a joke? If not where do the boards come from and you will need better nails.....
You might want to add a bunch of trash bags that are of a size that they can line the toilet in case there isn't extra water.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I assume that's a joke? If not where do the boards come from and you will need better nails.....

You might want to add a bunch of trash bags that are of a size that they can line the toilet in case there isn't extra water.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What I have done:

Did I say roofing nails? I meant these:

I got them in case I ever need to button up my apartment. Storms, riots, all the unlikely events that everyone here prepares for. If I never need them then at worst I spent $2 on a box of nails. If I ever do need them then I have them. I put them in the bathroom kit just in case. I know where they are if I need them for anything else.

The boards would come from other doors. Closet door to board up the bathroom door, other interior doors to board up the rest of the windows and doors. If it slows a mob or looter down long enough for me to get my plate carrier on then it money well spent.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://s10.postimg.org/auqq5fi2x/image.jpg

I got them in case I ever need to button up my apartment. Storms, riots, all the unlikely events that everyone here prepares for. If I never need them then at worst I spent $2 on a box of nails. If I ever do need them then I have them. I put them in the bathroom kit just in case. I know where they are if I need them for anything else.

The boards would come from other doors. Closet door to board up the bathroom door, other interior doors to board up the rest of the windows and doors. If it slows a mob or looter down long enough for me to get my plate carrier on then it money well spent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I have done:

Much better nails.
I had an image of you barricading yourself in the bathroom for the zombie apocalypse...........
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Much better nails.
I had an image of you barricading yourself in the bathroom for the zombie apocalypse...........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I have done:

Much better nails.

This^

3" screws would be a lot better, nails pull out pretty easy with a few shoves on the door.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This^

3" screws would be a lot better, nails pull out pretty easy with a few shoves on the door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I have done:

Much better nails.

This^

Well, I don't want to make it impossible to get out if there's a fire. I just want something to slow down whoever is trying to get in long enough for me to prepare a surprise for them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#42]
A little range time with RumbleTruck Jr. and added 600 rds .22 LR and 100 rds. .380
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#43]
More sleeping bags and wool blankets. Unloading some unnecessary odds and ends. Goretex foul weather gear.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Stopped at Walmart and bought some Mountain House packages. I've never tried this stuff before, so I bought two of each that they had; Lasagna, Beef Stroganoff, Chilli Mac, Beef Stew and Breakfast Scramble. I'll try them out and see which ones I like before ordering a bunch. I'd hate to survive the End of Western Civilization and then find out that I have 20 cases of Beef Stroganoff, which I hate.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Stopped at Walmart and bought some Mountain House packages. I've never tried this stuff before, so I bought two of each that they had; Lasagna, Beef Stroganoff, Chilli Mac, Beef Stew and Breakfast Scramble. I'll try them out and see which ones I like before ordering a bunch. I'd hate to survive the End of Western Civilization and then find out that I have 20 cases of Beef Stroganoff, which I hate.
View Quote

I don't think you will be disappointed. I've liked every one I've tried, so far.

Got two #10 Mountain House cans today, Chicken and Rice & Chicken and Noodles.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Another big ammo order. Probably the last one before the election.

~1k of MEN762A

2k of Braunal 7.62x39

80rds of various 308 match ammo for testing to see what the rifle likes (when the upper gets back from the factory).
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Bought more ammo and a stove kit to convert a 55gal drum into a wood stove.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I bought a pack of D cell and a pack of C cell batteries from Costco.

I like this thread a lot. It is encouraging me to try and do something every day to get better prepared.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Rotated fuel, rotated water and exercise.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I have another case of 5.56 coming as well as a Leupold Mk4 1.5-5 SPR to go on my 16 inch recce. I'll finally have a dedicated optic (based on use of course) for every rifle.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top