User Panel

Page / 149
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Exercised for 2 hours today.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I made spaghetti with deer meat from the doe I killed this season AND the spaghetti was bought on 11-04-2011. It was kept in our basement in its package and a ziploc bag and tasted absolutely great!
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
edit: 2 hours of exercise.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Great friend's son turns 21 this summer.
Attends Un. of WV.
We gave him a cobbled together knife rig:
BK16 sheath.
Terava Puukko 110
Victorinox Huntsman.
I'm looking through the bins for a suitable hatchet as well.
Adding to our list of able bodied friends...priceless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Added 100 Keto bricks to the pantry!!
1000 calories of fat and protein in each sealed up nicely only weigh 6 oz each.
I had gotten few to see if they were palatable and the teenagers wolfed them down so I loaded up.
These are like MREs for healthy people.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Built my last spikes stripped lower with spikes LPK for an 8.5" 556 upper I recently acquired, and had enough parts laying around,  including red dot, to finish it up completely.  Was going to give it to the wife unit, but I'm kinda digging it, so we will see.

Ironically, as the above poster said,  I ordered some keto bricks from a buddy who makes them. Lol

Also went through some of the food storage and rotated in some new, and out some old. Gas too!  I'm off this week so i'll start the 2 generators.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Exercise. seven three.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
put away 20 pounds of rice and about 10 pounds of various beans in mylar bags with O2 absorbers. Also added another 6 cans of vegatables to the canned food stockpile.

New lower parts kit and 4 more PMAGS on the way from Palmetto.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Worked 7.5 hrs of OT.  More "rainy day fund" money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I logged back into AR15.com. It's been a long long time. In 2012-13 I was regularly using the site, but I got too lost in the game. Far too involved with every aspect of prepping, planning, buying. Not even buying guns, I ran myself just about broke. Nothing to do during long slow nights on an ambulance and I would just spend all my time here.

It's a great site, but I realized I had this pseudo dangerous addiction and wasn't balancing everything out correctly.

SO I walked away.

A couple of years ago I tried to log in, see if I could. I got in, update my information, and that was that. Amazing what changes in five years. A lot of ugly personal stuff and work changes.

Fast forward to 2019. Great job. I'm in my own home again, wonderful lady and her children by my side. In December, I realized I didn't have a generator ahead of a pending wind storm in NY. I remember this site and the past. Then I got on Cabelas and found a smoking deal on a 3750w guy with free shipping. So there was that too.

Preparedness, safety. It's never out of my mind. It's what I do for a living. I took this site to the extremes once, however, I'm back and it's good to be here.

So yeah, Today I logged into AR15.com.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran 14.5 miles this morning.
Link Posted: 3/16/2019 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I logged back into AR15.com. It's been a long long time. In 2012-13 I was regularly using the site, but I got too lost in the game. Far too involved with every aspect of prepping, planning, buying. Not even buying guns, I ran myself just about broke. Nothing to do during long slow nights on an ambulance and I would just spend all my time here.

It's a great site, but I realized I had this pseudo dangerous addiction and wasn't balancing everything out correctly.

SO I walked away.

A couple of years ago I tried to log in, see if I could. I got in, update my information, and that was that. Amazing what changes in five years. A lot of ugly personal stuff and work changes.

Fast forward to 2019. Great job. I'm in my own home again, wonderful lady and her children by my side. In December, I realized I didn't have a generator ahead of a pending wind storm in NY. I remember this site and the past. Then I got on Cabelas and found a smoking deal on a 3750w guy with free shipping. So there was that too.

Preparedness, safety. It's never out of my mind. It's what I do for a living. I took this site to the extremes once, however, I'm back and it's good to be here.

So yeah, Today I logged into AR15.com.
View Quote
Welcome back.    It sounds like you have a better understanding of yourself and can avoid the addictive behavior.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#13]
You're right. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Got a welder and I'm going to learn how to do metal working and limited fabrication.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Was visiting family in the mountains this weekend; Ran a half marathon with my sister in law yesterday morning before church. Came home and ran 5 miles with a few guys I work out with this morning.

Fasting till supper tonight. I put on about 10 lbs over the winter, which isn't terrible because I was in great shape, but it's time to get my diet in check and lose it before it warms up. Buying stuff is great if you have to spend money on something, but training and disciplining your body helps you mentally and in some instances, spiritually, prepare.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought some more AR500 armor. Just one plate since I'm poor and have to outfit my family one piece at a time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Living in Scenic New Jersey has it's challenges.
The new and pointless magazine restriction law is one of them.
Going to get back to my roots and swap out High Caps for 1911s and S&W Revolvers.

Sadly the long awaited arrival of 2 S&W Md27s: 3.5" and 5" fell through.
The owner ended up in a VA facility and his last lucid act was a sizable donation of N Frames to the NRA museum.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]
camouflaged my muirs driveway alarm transmitter

thing works great and I had some questionable people get stuck and out of my driveway before I got down there (drive is 1/4 mile). I have a turn around at the top by the road but thy went down anyways.
I think they saw the alarm and that is were they started turning around. got stuck and by the time I got down there they were leaving and out. this was when it was dark out.

had ups leave a generator at my mailbox and not my house. Guess what was not there when I got home

since then I have been researching cameras for the end of the driveway.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Tried to break in my new budget bushcraft knife which will now be living in the plano storage box in my truck..
Knotty hardwood - handled it great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Worked out for an hour today, ran both generators for 45 minutes and repacked bearings on boat trailer. Going to 'Friends of the NRA' dinner tonight.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Walked 5 miles today with wife and will run both generators for 1/2 hour and build a new target stand.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been eating better and losing weight.

Sorted through my tubs of gear and assembled 2 backpacks for our Youth Academy graduation prizes.
They will go to the Outstanding Cadet and Most Improved Cadet.
Starting kids young helps the whole community.

Bought a Springfield TRP Operator so I can be NJ magazine compliant.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
"Another day older,
Another day closer to death."
- Pink Floyd

One less day I need to prep for.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 12:41:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Yesterday I picked up 2 dozen farm fresh eggs from my egg lady (we barter for them) . I also brought her a bunch of egg cartons from co workers who buy store eggs. She was super happy about that.

Finalized a deal with my next door neighbor who owns an excavation company. I am getting 150-200 yards of clean fill dirt and the skid steer work along with enough top soil to cover it. He gets enough seed from me to cover both the work on his and my places as well as me installing and furnishing a cctv system for his house. (What he doesn’t k ow is I am throwing in a whole deer for him and 20 pounds of elk steak when it’s all done.

Replaced the dryer vent hose as the ex gf must have damaged it trying to get a sock or something out of there and it had a massive hole in it. Now it is a metal one and should last a lifetime.

Mowed and ran the string trimmer so the yard does t get out of hand.

And then went to work so I could work on some client projects undisturbed. (I am salary plus commission so about 75% of my income is commissions).

Today I just finished reweatherstripling the front door as the old is failing and I had a huge air leak. I checked the other two doors and will pick up more weather strip this week and do them as well. Next good cold windy day I will check all the windows for drafts and repair as necessary.

When I sign off here it’s outside to weed and spray the rock beds so they aren’t a problem.

I’ll be putting away a few new tools I bought yesterday as well as the couple of wood planes I scored at a garage sale.

Then off for a hair cut, pick up some seed for the yard and some soil to fix a couple of spots that need attention.

Then to work to fund all of my preps.

After tha I will be resorting all of my large caliber projectiles in my reloading room.

With what I picked up on a huge sale this week I should now have 3000 each for my 385, my 416 and a little over 1000 bullets for the 470.  I need to recount for my 9.2’a but I am getting closer there. My goal is a lifetime supply for all my large/odd calibers so that I won’t have to worry no matter the political disruption In the future. And yes I have plenty of powder and primers to support all the big bores.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I started looking at what I have been doing to prepare in greater detail starting just over a month ago.  I have been prepping for myself and my parents .. Last month my parents had some health issues come up that were fairly serious.    As a result they probably will not be around much longer and in case of disruption to their medical care,  even less ...

Got me thinking that I am about to hit 46  I am currently single with no kids, My only living sibling lives overseas ( Europe).

I believe I am set up ok for short term issues by bugging in  ( boot and beans etc ) . But with the recent developments and the fact that I have no one to help me or leave things to ....   At what point do you  ...stop getting ready ?  Right now I am able to store most everything and not look like a hoarder..  In case of my demise my brother gets everything and he plans on having everything liquidated  and sent to him as he has no plans on moving back.

Anyone else in the same situation I am in ?

Thoughts ? Comments ?  Suggestions ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Weighed in and I am down another 2 pounds.

100 rounds of 416 Taylor brass arrived today so that is the final prep for o e of my heavy rifles.

Picked up 2 more empty gallons sized containers from a restaurant which are great for holding brass for obscure or small cartridges like 32 ACP or 22 Hornet or 6.5 TCU. They also organize well on a shelf.

Picked up some wet pack veggies and a few soups on deep discount so I can keep rotating stuff.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
My first piece of night vision equipment (PVS-14) should be arriving today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Bought my third generator.

Already have a 9000/7000 Duel Fuel and a 2000/1600 Inverter.  Bought another 2000/1600 Inverter.

Also got a 3200 Lumen Flashlight.
Page / 149
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top