Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 149
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Replaced the batteries in the smoke detector and will be spending the weekend as a den leader with my sons scout troop working on cast iron cooking and emergency first aid skills. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought two more Taran Tactical +2 extended floor plates for my carry Glock 43 that gives me 8 +1..
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Took wife and neighbor to range to give them some trigger time in prep for CCW class tomorrow.  Gathered 9 people together to take the class, 7 of us are family and two others.

Also zeroed two ARs with red dots.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Continued exercise and weight loss gets me back into a few $$$hundreds worth of clothes and belts.

Snagged some more propane tanks and I'm going to a rental store that is closing to see what bargains can be had.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Honda 2000i Compainion model at Northern Tools for $999 shipped.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been prepping with my grandpa for a few year and he went to be with the Lord last week. I Inherited a great stash from him; including 3 new guns: .303 British, 12 Gage, and a 22lr.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Added 8 cases of canned olives to the preps..
Now I need a vodka deal
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Put some mylar blankets in the car in case I break down in the middle of nowhere.  We've snow and plenty of it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
24 cans green beans and 24 cans cream of chicken soup. 120 rounds of 300 WSM for the elk rifle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought aHarvest Right freeze dryer - they're on sale right now.    Also bought a lot of Mylar bags and O2 absorbers.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Put up 10 qrts of pumpkin a few weeks ago.  Baked four pumpkin pies, 2 each home canned and 2 each store brand canned pumpkin.  Home canned pumpkin was a little 'runnier', baked for 5 minutes longer.  Taste and texture were very similar.  Color was a little darker with store canned pumpkin.  Happy overall with the results.

Coffee- wrote date on bottom of can to see how much coffee is consumed.  Bumping up stores to 18 cans for a year.  

Heat- Test ran Big Buddy's to see if they needed anything other propane.  Good to go!

Home power- Finished the Generator Standard Operating Procedure and placed in sheet protectors so wife can get generator setup and run for emergency power.  Made three copies for 1) Emergency Procedures manual, 2) Generator Kit Bag, 3) placed in Breaker Box access box with flashlight and headlamp.

Rotated gas and ran the generator.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Paid off one debt
Will have another paid off next month
A little retirement saving

Shook up the ABC extinguishers
Turned off the outside spigots
Changed batteries in smoke detectors
Cleaned the gutters.

Might pactice fore starting tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Opened a nutrition store so I know have a constantly revolving inventory of packaged foods in storage with pre tax dollars.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Prepared a space in the garage for a lathe.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Stuffed some dryer lint and some long strips of thin card board into some prescription bottles for a new small grab bag. Ditched the Altoid tins a long time ago in favor for the small sling pouch for trout fishing. You'd be amazed at how much you can stuff into them and they are still relatively small in size.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been prepping with my grandpa for a few year and he went to be with the Lord last week. I Inherited a great stash from him; including 3 new guns: .303 British, 12 Gage, and a 22lr.
View Quote

Sorry for your loss, missk

I bet grandpa is looking down on you smiling knowing his preos are being put to good use.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#17]
first post in this thread. went back to the beginning and it goes back to 2011. i have alot of catching up to do .

just started prepping so some things are out of wack but:

took advantage of BF deals and got a rifle kit, complete lower, gisselle trigger. going to be looking for random parts kits to store as backups over christmas.

got a few ammo cans to store ammo to put it away for a stash.

got a reloader and some primers. still need other components.)

2 flashlights.

some "flint and steel" fire starters for BOB and GHB. will be building parts of those this weekend.

keeping a case of water in my car and looting into an e-tool to keep with my car and GHB so i dont get stuck anywhere.

started my research into food storage and beginning to build a plan and practice a plan.(eat more fresh food now. go to pantry when that runs out. see how long i make it with normal groceries)

finally got an every day wear watch(something i think is overlooked by many people due to phones)

on top of all of that: finally getting my life together. bought a car that i can actually use. cleaning and organizing my room(going minimalist for the every day essentials and using other storage for preps), and started getting my family on board with my new ideas. and thinking about some part time work to pay off my student loans quicker and maybe take some principle off my car loan and put more of my salary into retirement.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered a Jotul F55 wood burning cast-iron stove.  It should be able to heat the house as well as provide me with an alternative means of cooking with wood.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Ordered about $750 worth of tools and a Veto Pro Pack. Full assortment of electrical and plumbing tools for residential and our upcoming tiny house build. Klein and Knipex and a Fluke meter.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:45:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ordered a Jotul F55 wood burning cast-iron stove.  It should be able to heat the house as well as provide me with an alternative means of cooking with wood.
View Quote

Where did you order from?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big Horn Stoves in Pueblo. They're the closest Jotul dealer to me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Opened a jar of Maraschino cherries yesterday that had been stored in rum since 2010 or 11 IIRC.

Tasted fine
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Opened a jar of Maraschino cherries yesterday that had been stored in rum since 2010 or 11 IIRC.

Tasted fine
View Quote

But did you live to tell about it?  Well, did you?  

Getting my lathe moved from storage tonight!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tasted fine

Pics of lathe?
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#25]
wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said ammo.
Bought this last night - http://ammunitionstore.com/products/9mm-9x19-ammo-115gr-fmj-wolf-wpa-polyformance-800-round-sealed-tin.html

Looking for more deals now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
replaced a tire on a generator ran it for a bit...let the other generator sit too long and needed to clean the carb out..did that...put stabil in all my gas powered tools...Ice storm last week knocked out power for a week for some of my co-workers so I figured the gennies needed some TLC if its going to be rough winter
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#27]
finally have my communications sorted out and working

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#28]
More maintenance on vehicles and home.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked up a couple of hand crank coffee grinders and have switched over to them.
4 minets to get 1/2 cup of ground beans. I think the coffee tastes better
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Picked up 3 MKE magazines on Friday ($24 each) to feed the AA-89K. Really tight fit even when empty. They won't drop free and I have to invert the gun and pull like hell to get them out. It's a good thing they are translucent polymer, nothing a little sand paper won't fix.  They'll be good for the range and I was hoping for a cheap reliable magazine option, but I'll probably need to pick up a couple surplus German mp5 magazines ($70 each ) for the go bag. The AA-89K is a sweet little pistol though.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought a Tormet T-7 sharpening system.  It came with:

LA-120 Profile leather honing wheel
2 x XB-100 Horizontal bases for Universal Support
SVS 50 - multi jig for skew chisels, part and beading tools, roughing gouges
TT 50 Truing and dressing tool to true the stone round (circular) and flat
SE-76 Square edge jig for planes and wood chisels
SVD-185 Gouge and Turning cutter jig
SVM-00 Small knife jig - for pocketknives
SVM-45 Knife jig - for knives from 2 3/8" and larger
SVM-100 Knife jig - for knives larger than 4 3/4"
SVA-170 Axe jig
SVS-32 Short tool jig - for straight shanked tools down to 45 mm.  Max tool width 32 mm.
SVD-100 Tool Rest - for turning scrapers, scrwe drivers, cabinet scrapers, hollowing tools and spoke shave blades
SVX-150 Scissors jig
SP-650 Stone Grader - for grinidng the grindstone to a finer grit.
WM-200 Angle Master
TTS-100 Turning Tool Setter
3 different Tormex manuals
Dustcover

I've only used a Tormex for sharpening my gouges and chisels.  Now there's a bunch of more things for me to learn before I can go into the sharpening business.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I added this to my spare parts rack.
TRIPP LITE APSX4048SW 4000W 48V Inverter Charger ATS Sine Wave 220V/230V/240V 1A/70A
I might set it up to run an HVAC system someday or it will just be a backup.
To small for that.
Not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Filled my two 55 gallon barrels with water and restocked up on another 40 gallons of bottled water. Trying to get three months of water stocked up.

Next weekend I will tackle some food related prepping. Just waiting for the mylar bags to get shipped

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Just ordered a S&W M&P Compact in .40S&W to replace the M&P Shield 40 I sold off the other day. Price was excellent for new w/ night sights, plus I'll be attempting the rebate.

Took my father out to the range a couple days ago. Found out his bolt gun isn't as good to go as we thought, and I'll have to work on it. My 'new' AR's were running smooth and accurate though, and he got some practice on those at least.

A different kind of prepping... helping people develop their interest in firearms in general. Family, friends, and coworkers; whether they're now getting their first AR, getting some more mags, or buying a pistol they would actually carry since they've had their permit to do so for a while (1911 victim...).
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's see the setup. Where in TX. Liberty Hill here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not have a photo hosting account

But

I have Ham radio with its own outdoor dedicated antenna ( plus 2 hand helds) ,  CB base station  radio with its own outdoor dedicated antenna ( plus a vehicle mountable CB),  Walkie Talkies ( 4 )  ,  Weather alert radio  & ( world radio will be my tax refund present to myself )

PS     Houston area
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 2:53:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Been wiring the new house.  A few survival features in the wiring system.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Found some 5 year old cheap coffee in my stash and just brewed a pot. Tastes like shit.
Just ordered 50 lbs of high quality beans to keep in rotation. And 4 #10 cans of green coffee beans that they say will go 20 years?
I WILL STAY CAFFEINATED!!
And 50 gallons of MCT oil.
And three 55 gallon drums of 10% vinegar last week.
I need a bigger building.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#39]
For the last 5+ years I've been saying I will plant a garden, but every year spring rolls around and I never get to it.  Finally, today I spent the day prepping a good sized bed for a garden.  I have it drawn up and planned, so I really think this is the year.  Wish me luck since this is my first garden ever.  I've been researching and researching, so surely I will get something out of it.

Onions go in next month!
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Went to the Kansas City gun show today.  Picked up a honey badger lower for an SPR build I want to do.  Grabbed another LPK and an extractor spare parts kit.  Still waiting on a new bolt from AIM.  Stupid UPS/USPS combo sucks for shipping.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Got extremely good deals on 9mm FMJ and .223 FMJ ammo at Cabelas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Picked up a Yugo parka w/ liner for $15 at Fleet Farm.  It's good quality, WARM and will definitely serve a wintertime purpose.  Did have to resew a few buttons but I do that with most milsurp clothing anyways.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 2:17:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

For the last 5+ years I've been saying I will plant a garden, but every year spring rolls around and I never get to it.  Finally, today I spent the day prepping a good sized bed for a garden.  I have it drawn up and planned, so I really think this is the year.  Wish me luck since this is my first garden ever.  I've been researching and researching, so surely I will get something out of it.

Onions go in next month!
View Quote
Research false seed bed technique and get yourself a 2 wheel hoe and long handle  scuffle hoe.

Link Posted: 12/26/2015 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#44]
OK.
I only post here every 3-4 months or so.

The happinins in Paddy-ville were as follows:

Adding TVP to the larder after the wife's catering gig started preparing veggy-friendly menus to the "beautiful people" she typically works for.

1680 Watts of solar panels (poly-mono cells...they're supposed to be stronger) Adding 10 g/c batteries, controller and inverter, after the 1st of the new year...

My wife got me a Hornady single stage press a while back, I set up a (heavy) rolling bench for precision-.308, 5.56, 44 mag and 10mm
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Put together a power supply for the BB Heaters. Had a 6 v wall-wart on hand and a 1/8" RCA.  Works like a champ!  Will look through another junk box to see it another one can be made.  

Printed, cataloged, titled, punched holes, and 3 ring bound  and put on the shelf many recipes, Tappan Survival Newsletters, Survival and Prep philosophy, Paladin Press downloads, and many other PDF's that I have collected.

Working in store room organizing shelves, ammo, and gear.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Hill People Gear's holiday sale runs through today, so I finally pulled the trigger on a Mountain Serape in Ranger Green (medium sized, since I'm short) and a silnylon stuff sack.

Happy New Year, everyone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Bought a goat.

From one of my favorite actors:
JW "Pockets, what are you trying to do?"
"I'm trying to milk this goat."
JW "That's the wrong kind of a goat."
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#48]

My 10 year old and I put this together over the weekend.  Trying to get my feet wet.  I'm usually pretty good at killing anything green, so I'm trying to get a crash course.

Tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, and zucchini.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s200.photobucket.com/user/tobylazur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160103_155352_zpsg9ye92tk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa57/tobylazur/Mobile%20Uploads/20160103_155352_zpsg9ye92tk.jpg</a>

My 10 year old and I put this together over the weekend.  Trying to get my feet wet.  I'm usually pretty good at killing anything green, so I'm trying to get a crash course.

Tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli, and zucchini.
View Quote

Looks great!  

My 9 y/o and I built two of the same type beds last year.  Of course my wife is the better green thumb so she made everything grow!
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bought a goat.

From one of my favorite actors:
JW "Pockets, what are you trying to do?"
"I'm trying to milk this goat."
JW "That's the wrong kind of a goat."
View Quote

Hatari is one of my favorites.

Picked up some Nato Jerry Can's from prep and more and rotated fuel in the stash.
Split a standing face cord of wood from the 80 or so pecan trees we thinned out of our orchard.
Christmas tree in the pond for the fish.
Working on my brewing and distilling for barter purposes of course.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top