Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked FUEL CAN ORACLE (Page 4 of 38)
Page / 38
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Robby9:

Thanks for posting that email. It looks like BP is permanently off the list.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yep.

Oh well, looks like Atlantic British has them back in stock.

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/GJC20.cfm
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My cans from Swiss Army Vehicles arrived today.  I got the $39 "newer" cans.  There are more scratches and small rust spots on the outsides than what I expected, but they're not too bad.  The liners and seals are in perfect condition.

Can someone recommend a good matching flat OD green spray paint for after I knock the rust spots off?  I don't think I want to repaint the whole can, but I would like to touch them up a little.
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#3]
My cans from Swiss Army Vehicles arrived today.  I got the $39 "newer" cans.  There are more scratches and small rust spots on the outsides than what I expected, but they're not too bad.  The liners and seals are in perfect condition.

Can someone recommend a good matching flat OD green spray paint for after I knock the rust spots off?  I don't think I want to repaint the whole can, but I would like to touch them up a little.

The only paint I've had experience with in OD is the Krylon camouflage paint. I don't know how well it would match up though. If it were me though I would paint the whole can. These cans are long term investments and time spent prepping and painting will pay off in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/10/2011 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm wondering this as well...
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently bought 4 of the cans from DO. I'm wanting to always carry a full one in the truck and the rest at the house.

Does anyone know how well they would hold up inside a truck toolbox? I know it gets really hot inside of the toolboxes, so I'm kind of hesitant to store one in there. It would be the best place though because I keep it locked.

Anyone have any input?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Interesting, BP is still showing all of the cans in stock.  I'd like to know what the story behind the canceled shipment is.

On another note, Swiss Army shipped my Nato cans today.  I should have them Friday.

I got this note from them today.  Bummer.

NATO jerrycans are illegal for sale in the US due to federal
   emission regulations regarding the spouts. We can sell them to
   Mexico, Central, and South America, which is why they are shown. Our
   new website let you order them in error. We've since fixed that and
   your payment has been credited. Sorry about that.

Steve Hedke
Internet Sales
British Pacific, Ltd.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By HomeSlice:

Interesting, BP is still showing all of the cans in stock. I'd like to know what the story behind the canceled shipment is.

On another note, Swiss Army shipped my Nato cans today. I should have them Friday.

I got this note from them today. Bummer.

NATO jerrycans are illegal for sale in the US due to federal emission regulations regarding the spouts. We can sell them to Mexico, Central, and South America, which is why they are shown. Our new website let you order them in error. We've since fixed that and your payment has been credited. Sorry about that.

Steve HedkeInternet SalesBritish Pacific, Ltd.

Someone shoud let them know what C.A.R.B. stands for. Cause my two brand new cans from Atlantic Pacific showed up last night.  No "don't use for fuel" stamp on them and they were manuf. in Feb 2011.
Link Posted: 5/12/2011 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
There is one poster that has said that he regularly carries some NATO
cans in the back of the pickup and in the SUV, but I could not find the

The key is to have the can full or empty.  Do not go part way.

When you empty a can and will not be refilling it in the next few hours
it is a good idea to drain the gas fumes out of the can too.  Gas fumes
are a bit heavier than air, so if you set the can on its side with the
top open the gas fumes will drain out slowly.
Originally Posted By mcsd:

I recently bought 4 of the cans from DO. I'm wanting to always carry a full one in the truck and the rest at the house.

Does anyone know how well they would hold up inside a truck toolbox? I know it gets really hot inside of the toolboxes, so I'm kind of hesitant to store one in there. It would be the best place though because I keep it locked.

Anyone have any input?

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The Quonset Hut in Austin, TX has what appear to be brand new NATO cans (shiny paint, small mouth, look like the Atlantic British ones) for $55, and semi-rigid nozzles for $18.

I think there may be room to negotiate price if you buy multiples.  Just FYI
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
OK not sure if this is the right place for this so if it is not please move to the appropriate place..

Anyway, while cleaning out my elderly aunts garage I came across a few (4) red Blitz Metal Fuel Cans. 2 were empty and 2 full.. So I retieved the empty ones.. After spending some time here in SF, I decided to look inside the cans and saw that they were pretty rusty.  So as per the directions, I filled them with nuts and bolts and put them in the bed of the pickup for a couple of weeks.  I do not drive alot, so I also shook them when ever I thought about it. Well it appears that I did make a difference on the insides, but now I have discovered that one of the cans has a little "rust cancer" right above the bottom seam.  I also noticed that I have a little pin hole as well and was wondering if there is a way to seal this hole?

I was thinking that I might be able to strip off the paint and then JB Weld the whole and reprime and paint.  Ideas??? Also please remind me what I need to do about the inside of the can.. I have rinsed the can out with alittle fresh gas, but I would also like to seal it if that is possible..Recommtations????? As for the full ones I am going to do a further investigating on them and hopefully they will come to live at my house in the very near future..

Thanks for you help...
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
There is an epoxy gas tank repair that I have used.  I got it at WalMart, but it has been over 10 years so I do not remember the brand.  May have been JB, or Permatex or ???

There are also fuel tank sealer kits that you can use.  These kits have been linked many times in the various fuel can threads.  look back through this thread and you may find a link.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mgunslinger:
Well it appears that I did make a difference on the insides, but now I have discovered that one of the cans has a little "rust cancer" right above the bottom seam.  I also noticed that I have a little pin hole as well and was wondering if there is a way to seal this hole?

In my experience, when you get a seam leak with metal cans, it’s best to toss them or relegate them to waste oil storage with a containment pan underneath. Once a metal gas can leaks at a seam, I consider them untrustworthy. Nothing worse than smelling toxic gas fumes if your cans are stored in an enclosed area or inside a vehicle. Or finding out that your stored gasoline has leaked out since you last checked on that leaky can. Personally, in the past, I shit canned leaky Blitz cans. Scepters are (or rather were when easy to buy) the best way to go for trouble free fuel storage for 12 months or less.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By robb762:
The Quonset Hut in Austin, TX has what appear to be brand new NATO cans (shiny paint, small mouth, look like the Atlantic British ones) for $55, and semi-rigid nozzles for $18.

I think there may be room to negotiate price if you buy multiples.  Just FYI

Just picked up a new NATO 20L can - green. for $49 +18 for the semi-rigid mozzle.  They are nice quality - based on what I'm seeing (or not seeing) onlne, I think I'm going back for the last two.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 4:15:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#14]
Originally Posted By PA22-400:
There is an epoxy gas tank repair that I have used.  I got it at WalMart, but it has been over 10 years so I do not remember the brand.  May have been JB, or Permatex or ???

There are also fuel tank sealer kits that you can use.  These kits have been linked many times in the various fuel can threads.  look back through this thread and you may find a link.

Proseal...

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?browse=misc&product=proseal

Link Posted: 6/10/2011 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
roverparts.com cans are brand new and on sale right now for $35.00

They shipped them to CT without issue.  We are a CARB state.

I had them at my door two days after ordering.

Link Posted: 6/26/2011 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked up what appear to be 2 MFCs at a flea market.  It was $15 for the pair, but they have some surface rust, and appear to have been painted red.  The gaskets look pretty good.  One smells like it had gasoline in it and the other kind of looks like it had waste oil in it.  They are both stamped US, but no other markings I can see.

I'm going to read back through this thread and see if I can find any good suggestions for restoring them or at least make sure they are usable, but feel free to give me some advice on these, as I have no experience with these.  Just need a good place to start.

I plan on storing them full in the back of my truck.

I also need a nozzle.

TIA.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Spitfire762:

I just picked up what appear to be 2 MFCs at a flea market.  It was $15 for the pair, but they have some surface rust, and appear to have been painted red.  The gaskets look pretty good.  One smells like it had gasoline in it and the other kind of looks like it had waste oil in it.  They are both stamped US, but no other markings I can see.

I'm going to read back through this thread and see if I can find any good suggestions for restoring them or at least make sure they are usable, but feel free to give me some advice on these, as I have no experience with these.  Just need a good place to start.

I also need a nozzle.

TIA.
Been trying to use MFC to indicate the Scepter plastic cans that the .mil uses now.  You say rust so I take your post to indicate that you got a metal can.  Did you get NATO type cans that have the lever top, or USGI type that have the screw on cap?

Get a Super Siphon and stop bothering with a a nozzle

Link Posted: 6/27/2011 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]

I also need a nozzle.

TIA.
Been trying to use MFC to indicate the Scepter plastic cans that the .mil uses now.  You say rust so I take your post to indicate that you got a metal can.  Did you get NATO type cans that have the lever top, or USGI type that have the screw on cap?

Get a Super Siphon and stop bothering with a a nozzle

They are metal cans with the round screw on caps stamped US on the sides.

Link Posted: 6/27/2011 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Probably USGI pattern cans.  In service in the Us Army from the beginning of WW2 until probably the mid 1990s.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2011 3:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jvrotter12] [#20]
Does a white painted spout on a NATO can signify that only water is to be used? The interior is painted gray.
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#21]
So after reading this whole thread I'm a little bummed. I've been looking for the MFC since I know they are a great can to have. Oh well. Just one more way for the gov't to stop it's citizens from stock piling supplies and being that little bit more independent. The sad thing is, not enough people care about this to even have an effect on law makers.

Well on to my question... I assume that the NATO metal fuel can from such places as Deutsche Optik is the new 'standard' for carrying extra fuel on the BOV?
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By spoil9:

Well on to my question... I assume that the NATO metal fuel can from such places as Deutsche Optik is the new 'standard' for carrying extra fuel on the BOV?

Yes you can still buy those from a retailer online in new or like new condition.

If you want a Scepter MFC the plastic ones you'll have to buy them on ebay or a user here may some for sale in the Equipment Exchange. You can buy them in Canada if you're close, also look out for tag sales and the like.

I really like the VP Racing type plastic gas cans that were posted above. I have one and just bought a few Scepter's and still use the 5+ year old VP type jug. I don't store gas much though just fill a can or two at a time for lawn equipment.

Might as well get what you can while you can if your looking for the Military types plastic or metal IMHO.

Link Posted: 6/29/2011 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By hootch13:
i know they're not the snazzy cans, but right now i can't afford to replace all my "regular" gas cans w/ HSLD ones. does anybody have a source for the old school nozzles (pictured below on the left)? the new ones (on the right) suck ass. i looked on ebay last week and a nozzle by itself was selling for $16.

I have a number of Rubbermaid gas containers in various capacities that were purchased in the late 1990s - early 2000s time frame. The containers themselves are in great shape. But the vent caps, spouts and seals, while still somewhat serviceable, are showing their age. Simply tossing out all of the containers and replacing them with new ones for lack of serviceable parts seems like a waste if I could find a way to extend their life. Heck, if nothing else, maybe I could at least find an improvised solution. This thread spurred me to do a little research and lo and behold, look what I found:

Conventional Spout Set for $12.95

3 Conventional Spout Sets for $29.95

Now I know that $10-13 isn't exactly cheap for a spout set for consumer grade fuel containers. But compared to the cost of replacing the old fuel containers with even new consumer grade ones, it could be well worth rehabilitating those old fuel containers and extending their useful lives. If your old fuel containers have seen heavy use, have been left exposed to the elements and suffered UV damage, were more cheaply constructed to begin with, etc, then I can appreciate that this may not be worthwhile. For me, however, it make great sense to simply freshen up my fuel containers that have generally been taken care of, stored indoors and are in otherwise very good condition. So I have ordered 9 of the conventional spout sets linked to above. I will report back when I have received them.

As for the claims that parts for older fuel containers have been banned from production/sale as well, I don't know about that. Parts are still able to be purchased for older vehicles that do not meet current emission standards, so I would think the same woud apply to parts for fuel containers. But who knows. It would be nice to see a more definitive answer. At any rate, I figure that I found these and I'll get some while the getting is good. Much like how I jumped on the deal for $36 new Scepters MFCs last year and now have a dozen of those as well. Turned out to be a pretty good decision.
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Just FYI for everyone that has a harbor freight in their area. I was in one in wichita, ks today and they had a brand new Metal fuel Can, looked like the jerry cans but with a smaller opening and a cheap plastic spout. They were $34.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 11:25:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PA22-400] [#25]

Originally Posted By blacksuit:

Just FYI for everyone that has a harbor freight in their area. I was in one in wichita, ks today and they had a brand new Metal fuel Can, looked like the jerry cans but with a smaller opening and a cheap plastic spout. They were $34.

Very poor quality cap...I looked at them here...I can see through the plastic cap because the plastic is so thin...
Not safe for transport of flammable liquid

my .02

Link Posted: 7/10/2011 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Some pretty good information in this thread, but to keep it current, I have a few questions that might help everyone if somebody has the answers.

What are metal US jerry cans selling for currently?  What would be a good price to pay for used US military, or civi metal cans?

What are the NATO jerry cans selling for on average, and what is a good price to expect to pay for them?  Good sources, as many listed in this thread are sold out.

Current pricing for plastic MFCs?

Where can spare parts be purchased currently? Replacement caps, gaskets, nozzles, etc.?  Looking for some trustworthy sources for quality accessories.

What accessories would be good to have, are available, tent heaters, etc?

Does anyone have a good rotation plan already in use, and what is a good system to rotate gasoline?

Fuel additives?

Thanks in advance for any help.  Some up to date knowledge would be great on this subject.

Link Posted: 7/10/2011 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Some pretty good information in this thread, but to keep it current, I have a few questions that might help everyone if somebody has the answers.

What are metal US jerry cans selling for currently?  What would be a good price to pay for used US military, or civi metal cans?

You pretty much catch as catch can.  I saw some old style screw on lids for 10 bucks for heavy used ones. to 20 bucks for newer ones.  I just didn't have the room to buy them.  This was in some ancient antiuque shop in the middle of TN.  New cans vary - I think 40 bucks or thereabouts, plus shipping.
What are the NATO jerry cans selling for on average, and what is a good price to expect to pay for them?  Good sources, as many listed in this thread are sold out.

I think they are anywhere from 50 to 75 bucks.  Not sure but last time I looked that's where they were.
Where can spare parts be purchased currently? Replacement caps, gaskets, nozzles, etc.?  Looking for some trustworthy sources for quality accessories.
I know gaskets is covered in this thread.  Nozzles are mentioned but I am not sure there is a steady supply - I like oldgrouchsurplus as he is a member here and a meber of the military.  Met him in person, awesome guy.  

I think a cool accessory woudl be a metal can holder for your vehicle.  There are other accessories such as a can wrench, your mileage may vary.  
Does anyone have a good rotation plan already in use, and what is a good system to rotate gasoline?
his would be a good topic to cover on page one wouldn't it?  I should go back and talk about rotation.
Fuel additives?  covered already.  Methinks you may not have read the entire thread, or the entire first page....LOL.
Thanks in advance for any help.  Some up to date knowledge would be great on this subject.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 2:44:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FordGuy:

You pretty much catch as catch can.  I saw some old style screw on lids for 10 bucks for heavy used ones. to 20 bucks for newer ones.  I just didn't have the room to buy them.  This was in some ancient antiuque shop in the middle of TN.  New cans vary - I think 40 bucks or thereabouts, plus shipping.

I think they are anywhere from 50 to 75 bucks.  Not sure but last time I looked that's where they were.
I know gaskets is covered in this thread.  Nozzles are mentioned but I am not sure there is a steady supply - I like oldgrouchsurplus as he is a member here and a meber of the military.  Met him in person, awesome guy.  

I think a cool accessory woudl be a metal can holder for your vehicle.  There are other accessories such as a can wrench, your mileage may vary.  
his would be a good topic to cover on page one wouldn't it?  I should go back and talk about rotation.
Fuel additives?  covered already.  Methinks you may not have read the entire thread, or the entire first page....LOL.

Thanks for the info.  I did read through the thread, but my ADD must have been acting up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump-

For those living in the Seattle-Tacoma area the foxhole in Tillicum has several used MFC's in various conditions for 24.99 a piece. On a related note anyone know the best way to flush the diesel fumes out of these cans?
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By ROTCatCU:

Bump-

For those living in the Seattle-Tacoma area the foxhole in Tillicum has several used MFC's in various conditions for 24.99 a piece. On a related note anyone know the best way to flush the diesel fumes out of these cans?

Replace the ruber gaskets with Viton raskets from a vendor you trust.  PM Vatopa for details.

Use your upgraded MFC to haul gas.

No more diesel smell until you haul diesel again.

Note that Viton gaskets allow you to haul gas or diesel.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I ordered some replacement gaskets from DO last night and got this email from them today.

"Thank you for your order.  Your item is being shipped and you should receive it in 5 to 7 business days.  I lowered your shipping to $5.  
Have a great day.
Julie"

First time a company has lowered shipping for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#32]
What does a white colored cap represent on a NATO can?
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#33]
OK, A question for anyone who has painted the Scepter MFC's. What paint did you use and how's it holding up under use?
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
OK, A question for anyone who has painted the Scepter MFC's. What paint did you use and how's it holding up under use?

Grove did his with some paint that was supposed to bond with plastic.  His are pictured on page one of this thread.  He reported that the paint came off the moment gas touched it.

Link Posted: 7/30/2011 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Grove did his with some paint that was supposed to bond with plastic.  His are pictured on page one of this thread.  He reported that the paint came off the moment gas touched it.

Yeah, That's what I was wondering about. I saw some spray paint at Auto Zone that stated on the label that it was impervious to gas and oil. I don't know how well it would bond to plastic though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Yeah, That's what I was wondering about. I saw some spray paint at Auto Zone that stated on the label that it was impervious to gas and oil. I don't know how well it would bond to plastic though.

I doubt the paint would stick.

I would not bother trying to paint the can.  If you must mark the can then copy what Scepter did...color the tabs that hold the top.  You can get many colors of electrical tape and wrap the tab
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Has anybody tried one of these yet?  I ordered a pair yesterday, should get them by the end of the week.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I do not remember if it is in this thread, but those cans are narrower at the top than at the bottom.  They will not fit in all jerry can holders, and may not fit in any holder.  Get a super siphon to go with them.

Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Has anybody tried one of these yet?  I ordered a pair yesterday, should get them by the end of the week.

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/19708_lg.jpg

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#39]
The eBay seller who had the NATO cans is selling them again!
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

L:ink?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Has anyone dealt with the 5 Gallon Metal Enviro-Flo Plus Can5 Gallon Metal Enviro-Flo Plus Can?

http://www.blitzusa.com/products/fuel/Containment/images/81733%205%20Gallon%20Metal%20Enviro-Flo%20Plus%20Gas%20Can.jpg

It looks suspiciously like their old milspec can but with a funky spout.  Anyone know if they changed the threads?

Same threads. If you get a USGI clamp in or screw in nozzle you are GTG.

I have a question, will the Home Depot, ghetto rigged spout work in the new blitz cans as well as the MFCs?
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mean_sartin:

Band new NATO surplus cans

35 for one or they also have two and four discount auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Gas-Diesel-Can-20L-Steel-German-Military-NATO-/280691561005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415a85522d
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
These are the large mouth NATO cans, so no accessories will fit.  If you have a Yukon stove kit for a NATO can that you plan on using, then these cans won't work.  Same for nozzles and generator adapters too.

Originally Posted By mean_sartin:

Band new NATO surplus cans

35 for one or they also have two and four discount auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Gas-Diesel-Can-20L-Steel-German-Military-NATO-/280691561005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415a85522d

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#44]
a white cap - hmmmm I have seen white caps but not sure.   I don't know that it really represents anything - red generally is petrol, yellow diesel, blue water as far as colors I have seen on cans.  You know I was thinking milk but I quickly ruled that out.

What does it smell like?  (the inside of the can, not milk.)

Originally Posted By jvrotter12:

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DUX4LIFE] [#45]
My brother just brought me a pair of military cans out that he had picked up.  After researching them I found out they are water cans.  They were used for gasoline and some of the inside liner is peeling.  If they can be relined inside after they are cleaned will they be safe to use for gasoline?  They are in very good condition and have no leaks.  I will need to find the right gasket material.  This is what they look like on top.http://www.olive-drab.com/images/can_water_5gal_03.jpg

Looking at them One is dated 1951 and is is marked with a W and made by NESCO.
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 4:53:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TailHunter] [#46]
ordered 4 cans and two spouts from Atlantic British will report back when I receive them

[ETA] Tracking numbers arrived in my inbox this morning.

[ETA2] Received my order on Friday. They came in two boxes. Cans are brand new with only "20L" stamped on the sides.  There is a date code stamped on the lid that says 11-03. If its a European date that means March 2011.   I intend to use these for my 7.3L F250 so I will probably spray the mouth yellow.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FordGuy:
a white cap - hmmmm I have seen white caps but not sure.   I don't know that it really represents anything - red generally is petrol, yellow diesel, blue water as far as colors I have seen on cans.  You know I was thinking milk but I quickly ruled that out.

What does it smell like?  (the inside of the can, not milk.)

Originally Posted By jvrotter12:

A white cap or a white cross on the sides sometimes means the fuel can is for water, that dates back to WWII Germany anyway- some countries continued that after the war.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I picked up a couple of the DO NATO cans the other day.  Do I need to rinse them or "season" them with gas or anything like that before filling them up for fuel storage?

I apologize if this has already been covered, I read through this entire thread at one point, but didn't have the energy to read it all again today.  Thanks.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By TailHunter:

ordered 4 cans and two spouts from Atlantic British will report back when I receive them

[ETA] Tracking numbers arrived in my inbox this morning.

[ETA2] Received my order on Friday. They came in two boxes. Cans are brand new with only "20L" stamped on the sides.  There is a date code stamped on the lid that says 11-03. If its a European date that means March 2011.   I intend to use these for my 7.3L F250 so I will probably spray the mouth yellow.

How much did they ding you for shipping for the 4 cans?

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 2:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TailHunter] [#50]
It was 237 for 4cans, two fixed spouts, and shipping from AB.

I am also going to make my own siphon from marine fuel hose and an outboard motor bulb primer in addition to the spouts.  I have used this technique with great success siphoning fuel out of the boat after a hurricane. This allows a much higher flow rate with a large ID fuel line than the super siphon.

+
Page / 38
Tacked FUEL CAN ORACLE (Page 4 of 38)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top