Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2010 3:50:13 PM EDT
Been offered what seems like a hell of a deal on some equipment.
Just never heard of them and can't find any info other than their own literature.
Thanks for any input....
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm betting Chinese.
If an importer orders enough of them, the Chinese companies will put whatever name/colors/logo the buyer wants.
I'm guessing a fly by night company.

I've never heard of that company before.
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#2]

nothing they sell is really cheaply priced. if you can get something for a song, then go for it.  i found this article and it vaguely states that the products are imported.

http://www.worldwidepowerinc.com/Products.aspx?sortorder=2&page=1

About Tahoe Industries Inc.
The Executive Management & Directors of Tahoe Industries, Inc. have been involved in the power equipment business since 2003, after rewarding careers in professional sports. The competitive spirit and commitment to excellence that led them to record breaking as athletes has propelled Tahoe Industries, Inc. to the very top of the power equipment industry, offering more value to the end user than any competing firm. Four instructive years in this field, assisting tens of thousands with their generator and outdoor power needs through more than a dozen tropical storms and hurricanes, several snow and ice storms and an unprecedented building boom, has given Tahoe Industries executives front-line experience and knowledge that most competitors lack. We have taken the lessons learned and applied them to our product offerings, giving the end user exactly what they have hoped to find, at a price point that is surprisingly pleasing.

After establishing Headquarters in the prestigious Howard Hughes center of Las Vegas, NV, Tahoe executives began the arduous task of scouring the globe for the finest Power Generating and Outdoor Power Equipment available. Thousands of hours of research, travel, discussion and written communication led to fruitful partnerships with the finest quality manufacturing concerns around the globe, including Honda Motor Co., DeWalt, Excel, Puma Industries, Power Train, Shine Industrial, Yanan Motor and a number of others.

Tahoe executives decided early on to enforce extremely high standards, which certainly limited the field of available suppliers. We decided to forgo the easy profits offered by manufacturers of lesser quality, in exchange for benchmark quality producers who could help build the reputation of Tahoe Industries as the leading U.S. supplier of premium quality power equipment. The only problem to overcome was how to make these best-in-class products affordable to the end user without sacrificing any of the key service and fulfillment issues that everyone expects from a world class company. Tahoe Executives arrived at a solution that few will have the patience, courage or energy to execute: Overhead elimination combined with fierce negotiating with suppliers allows Tahoe to do the seemingly impossible with its product offerings, bringing to each customer the kind of "deals" that are good to pass on.

A key part of our low-cost strategy is to have our manufacturing/warehousing facility near the leading east coast port, Jacksonville, FL, with the effect of minimizing transportation & shipping expenses as goods arrive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure it isn't one of the "I'm a rep just leaving a trade-show with these demo items and my boss told me to sell them before I leave town." scams.  

Grove
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 4:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I am betting a guy in a pickup truck showed up with a 10,000 watt generator an air compressor and some other cheap china junk. We tried this scam out once just to see how good it was. I think the air compressor made it past a month, the rest took a shit.

Walk away. Just walk away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top