Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2010 5:48:39 PM EDT
As I'm sure its been 6 months at lest since I switched from buying milk to using powder milk called Morning Moo Milk. My family is a big milk drinking house with three kids they drink about a 1gal a day. Family switched over fast had no problems at all and started spending $1.20 a gal then $2.40 a gal on store bought milk.

After 6+ months everyone still loves it we have used it in cooking and baking and its been great for both. One problem it does smell like baby powdered milk that is only when it is in the powdered. Advice for anyone thinking of making the switch! Buy the right mixing jugs like these buy two of them to have one to back up the other when being washed. Make sure to wash the jug once a week or more it can get really funky really fast! Great for making hot coco mix! Also with the pitchers with the mixer on it I have found it is best to add water then powder milk then place the lid on and do short strokes to mix the powder  then after no clumps go up and down the jug.

This is great for making camping or even survival meals I have made my own one pan beef stroganoff with this and TVP it was really good. The box of beef stroganoff mix cost me $1 milk and TVP maybe $0.75 for a meal to feed 5.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
good info so who has the best price on morning moo?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Though we don't drink Morning Moo daily, we do store it in our emergency preps.

We have enough to make a gallon a day for a year plus two gallons a week of the chocaolate (good stuff).

We do use it on those ocasions when there is no milk in the house and there is no time to run to the store.

We mix ours in the blender using hot water to dissolve it then adding ice water to thin it out/ chill it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My family has been using it exclusively for 2.5-3 years now.  Adding a couple cap fulls (we make it by the 2 liter bottle) of vanilla extract improves the flavor and extends the shelf life in the frig too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Good post, where do you get the best price?

Amos1909
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We have bought ours from Walmart and Costco for about $68 for a superpail, but they probaboly don't sell it out there.  (one of the benefits of living in Utah)

Emergency esentials is probably your best bet.

Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I wish my Walmart sold the superpails of that stuff.  Anyone have any online sources for this?
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have bought ours from Walmart and Costco for about $68 for a superpail, but they probaboly don't sell it out there.  (one of the benefits of living in Utah)

Emergency esentials is probably your best bet.

Yes this luck SOB can buy it at walmart!

Now most of us need to go here ! Where I bought mine from does not sell it anymore not sure why!
Emergency esentials does not sell 50lbs bags anymore not sure if they sell others they told me to go to Blue chip group  same as the site posted above. I did not buy from them because the price of shipping cost more then a 50lbs bag of Morning Moo milk. They told me they have changed it. But I have not bought from them since then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is Morning Moo the same thing as store-bought evaporated milk?

Yes and no! It is powered but the taste is a lot better! Buy some and try it! It is nothing like other powdered milks most of them taste like This stuff is good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
We use and store MM as well. Another good one to try out is Nestle's Nido. It is usually found in the mexican aisle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Walton Feed has a good price on it.  Of course, they are local.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top