Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched some other Pandemic, former Navy SEAL, SHTF show, which suggested that the "acquired" (Looted) items you bring home be left in the sun to kill off any germs/bacteria prior to being brought in the house.
I actually thought that was good advice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I was more amazed by the armed gentlemen at the warehouse, did you see how bright white that one guys tshirt was?  No way after 3 weeks of SHTF he is still bleaching his whites.

I work with a guy who lives in NYC, says he only has 2 days worth of food in his home because:
A; he shops at the market two buidlings down every other day.
B; he does not own a vehicle so he cant carry two weeks of groceries.
C; they get Chinese delivery for 2 cheaper than you can make it.

Same guy who laughed at me for filling the bath tub when we had snow storms moving in.
On the bright side, he wont have to fret about how much his kit and tucker weighs when he has to hump it out of the city.
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw parts of it when it was originally on and it hit me as more of a "don't be that guy" sort of thing.....

also...if I remember....the guy was a paramedic, right?....aside from being an MD this would be someone that most communities would be looking for.
Link Posted: 5/24/2010 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I found it hilarious that "the kid" knew how to hot wire a late model Dodge Durango.  "you just cross those 2 wires".  YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!  Maybe in cars built prior to 1987 you could "cross 2 wires and get it to start but but with todays vehicles being so heavily computer controlled and having anti-theft auto kill switch systems that if not started with a coded key will die after about 30 seconds.  I think a lot of people will be in for a huge shocker when they think they can hot wire any car on the street.
Link Posted: 5/25/2010 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I dvr'ed it a few months back and watched it a couple of times.  Overall I thought is was well done and provided some good info for people who are less prepared than they should be.    Most of the decisions the father made struck me as the type of stuff someone with very little survival knowledge would make, but then they would have him do something intelligent and innovative which was a head shaker on my part.  I think the use of renewable energy sources would take over, but I doubt the solar panels like they showed at the end.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top