Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2010 7:50:03 AM EDT
Not sure that this is worthy of its own thread, but anyhow....

At some Home Depots they have marked the 55 gallon blue plastic drums from $79.99 to $4.80.  These are new, and have two 2" threaded holes on top, with the threaded plugs in them.

I thought some of you would appreciate this.  

I lurk here, I get good ideas from you.  Here's my contribution.

BTW... you can fit 8 in the back of a Chevy Colorado if you try hard enough!  lol.  Put 4 upright in bed, 3 on tailgate and strap those down.  Now lean all 4 out and lay the last one in the "V" created by leaning the other 4 out.  Another strap and good to go.  (Good for a couple miles home, would not try this long distance without more straps)

The clerks were amazed at this because these barrels only recently came into the store.  I guess they take up too much space and they are making room for spring planting season.  I found them in the outdoor area.  Don't bother going to the West Roswell HD on 92 - all gone.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 1/20/2010 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics?  That good of a deal is hard to believe.

ETA thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
What department were these barrels in?
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What department were these barrels in?

Quoted:
.  I found them in the outdoor area.  

Good luck!

Some people just can't be bothered to read 4 paragraphs :/
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#4]
can you post the SKU# ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#5]
$79 TO $5?

FOR REAL?

i am gonna have to check on my HD.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit, must check locally. I'll buy just about as many as I can find.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Here you go....

Pay no attention to the artwork on the wall... no room left in the house for all they (my kids) produce!

The bottom sticker was directly over the other - I peeled them apart to see what the first markdown was. Wow!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that is a great deal, when I call home depot, what number should I have them look up?  There are lots of numbers on the tag.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#10]
None in the South Tampa Home Depot.

Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#11]
None in Ocala, FL.

We tried several numbers from the photo, but nothing would come up in the system. Must be a local stock item.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#12]
275-879 - I believe that is the sku.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's a smokin' deal.  I tried looking up all those numbers (I think the SKU is the 6-digit number) but didn't have any luck on the website.

None of the numbers on the sticker were in the local HD's system. They searched for them manually and looked in the lawn and garden section and came up with nothing. If I wasn't and hour and a half away I'd go look myself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll double your money on 'em
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a smokin' deal.  I tried looking up all those numbers (I think the SKU is the 6-digit number) but didn't have any luck on the website.

None of the numbers on the sticker were in the local HD's system. They searched for them manually and looked in the lawn and garden section and came up with nothing. If I wasn't and hour and a half away I'd go look myself.

FYI:  If you called them on the phone,  the normal answer will be "we dont have any"....  That way the employee you talked to can buy them all
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI:  If you called them on the phone,  the normal answer will be "we dont have any"....  That way the employee you talked to can buy them all

In what part of the store are these located? These would be great for storing my tumbling media.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Damn some people are just in the right place at the right time.   Good score!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what part of the store are these located? These would be great for storing my tumbling media.

Read the thread, your question has been answered twice already.

Thanks OP, I'm going to go give my local HD a look tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a bunch from a guy from NE Tx that brought em' down hisself for $15.00 ea for the 55's; found a 15 gal at a yard sale for $7.00.

Got the 55's setup for rainwater collection (from downspouts). I posted pics about drilling a hole & screwing a hose bib into em';
cut a larger hole (4") in one of the bungs for feeding from the downspouts (put screen inside for pine needles).
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not sure that this is worthy of its own thread, but anyhow....

At some Home Depots they have marked the 55 gallon blue plastic drums from $79.99 to $4.80.  These are new, and have two 2" threaded holes on top, with the threaded plugs in them.

I thought some of you would appreciate this.  

I lurk here, I get good ideas from you.  Here's my contribution.

BTW... you can fit 8 in the back of a Chevy Colorado if you try hard enough!  lol.  Put 4 upright in bed, 3 on tailgate and strap those down.  Now lean all 4 out and lay the last one in the "V" created by leaning the other 4 out.  Another strap and good to go.  (Good for a couple miles home, would not try this long distance without more straps)

The clerks were amazed at this because these barrels only recently came into the store.  I guess they take up too much space and they are making room for spring planting season.  I found them in the outdoor area.  Don't bother going to the West Roswell HD on 92 - all gone.

Good luck!

None around here. They are probably left over from the drought you had down there...

Andy.,
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know if HomeDepot will price match their other stores?  I'm kind of wondering if we could get a copy of OP's receipt and go into their store looking for those barrels.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#22]
None in Orange City, FL!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Must've been a mistake.

Some guys have all the luck.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll have to check the local HD tomorrow morning

crossing my fingers I'll see some
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Some guys have all the luck.   Ive been searching for some around here and

have come up with "zip"  

Link Posted: 1/21/2010 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#26]
None available in West Palm Beach, FL
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Couldnt find any in Washington State...Damn good buy...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top