Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2010 2:06:25 PM EDT
What have you guys used that is resistant to being shot out with a bb/pellet gun or slingshot?
Link Posted: 1/2/2010 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
led, I have a 3 watt 120v spot light from walmart, it lights up the parking area fine, a piece of poly carb would stop air guns and rocks
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The surefire on my rifle is vandal resistant. They leave when they see what it's attached to.

Link Posted: 1/3/2010 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
LED based street/flood lights....you shoot it....takes out one or two heads out but the many others keep on functioning.....
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LED based street/flood lights....you shoot it....takes out one or two heads out but the many others keep on functioning.....

Interesting. I wonder if anyone would be willing to do some testing...
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

assuming that it doesn't bust up the wiring/power leads.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I think GE has a facility in Western NC that does some of that type of testing on lights.....LED commercial lighting is the next big thing in business crime prevention....longer lasting, less susceptible to vandalism...more adjustable to limit light cast into residential areas from big Walmarts etc.   One of the big selling points for LED was a means to slow down/stop bad guys from simply taking pellet guns and shooting out street lights...
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are some vandal proof/resistant led lights:

http://www.lightinguniverse.com/vandal-proof-ceiling-lights_843.html

http://www.theledlight.com/wallpacklights.html

Thomas' List of Vandal Resistant Lighting

Most of the residential applications appear to be for landscaping.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
To some extent I started wondering about a metal grate to let light out but stop most projectiles but I like the sound of the led stuff more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top