Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2009 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got my Fulton Armory upper milled (on Friday) to take the G3 mags to use with my CMMG lower.  Hoping to get to the range this weekend to try it out and I'll try to post a range report.

Please do.  I am glad you are being guinea pig on this.

To the OP.  If you are trained up on AR15s, or if you intend to run a scope, go AR10.  I recommend Armalite.  Mag prices arent' that big of a deal.  Two of em.  Course, I haven't got around to shooting one of them yet.  It is my understanding that Armalite has better QA than DPMS.  

My dad got a M1A.  It was a jammomatic out of the box, recent production, but he sent it to them & now it runs like a top.  There are some QA issues, but they will make it right.  His is so heavy though.  Make sure you get the lighter profile barrel or your MBR will be a Main Bipod rifle.  He has the rails & the VLTOR stock.  He does have solid top rail that goes from the back all the way up, it is a good scope mount.

The G3 doesn't just leave flute marks on the brass, it beats up the case rim pretty bad.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2009 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
for a MBR, consider a Armalite 16" chrome bore barrel w/ vari scope & a little Doc Optik type thing on top of the ring w/ a Noveskie KX3 pig on the muzzle.  

Oh yeah, one of your choices was the Franken gun that takes the G3 mags.  I would not like it b/c I hate rock-n-lock mags.  Plus, this is sort of an untested thing.  

So you bought like 15 G3 mags...that's like one lap dance, so just sell em on the EE & get a Mag sale from Armalite for like $40 a piece.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Most references in this thread that refer to AR-10 reliability appear to be focused on Armalites offereing.  I would be curious to see how the RRA LAR-8, and the magazine route they took fairs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn all of you FAL guys... now I have to figure out where I am going to come up with an extra 2K$ to go shopping with DSA.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top