http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNS0Q-uxycA&feature=email
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
you mean rears don't you?
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I like 'roars'.  Dont' you just get a mental image of a mutated pig cutting loose, jungle style?  Let's go with it!
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait till next winter....history may repeat itself...
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just passing on what I have received.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNS0Q-uxycA&feature=email

The reporter is in Moscow and the other guy is in the US, the show is from Moscow and the weather temps are in FAHRENHEIT!
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes your correct.. rears.. Hey just passed on what someone sent me..when it comes back this year...
like 1918.. you will remember me..I guess it will be roaring...meaning kicking ass...
I got tired of reading what gas can should I buy. Or what is the best BoV, or where should my BOL be...
or what BOB...should I use. Tell me what knife to buy..or how do I put rice in a  bucket....etc...etc....
should I take a dump or wait....

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes your correct.. rears.. Hey just passed on what someone sent me..when it comes back this year...
like 1918.. you will remember me..I guess it will be roaring...meaning kicking ass...
I got tired of reading what gas can should I buy. Or what is the best BoV, or where should my BOL be...
or what BOB...should I use. Tell me what knife to buy..or how do I put rice in a  bucket....etc...etc....
should I take a dump or wait....

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
A flu went from humans to pigs this week in Buenos Aires. Workers in the meat processing plant got sick.

FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A flu went from humans to pigs this week in Buenos Aires. Workers in the meat processing plant got sick.

FerFAL

That is what folks are worrying about.

Fer, would you give us a fast heads up if there are any deaths among them?

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FerFAL

That is what folks are worrying about.

Fer, would you give us a fast heads up if there are any deaths among them?

We’re getting a great number of deaths.
Just take a look and compare the death ratio to the amount of sick people. It’s clear they aren’t receiving proper treatment, if any at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic#cite_note-early_deaths-6

Today the number went up to 50, but the reporter himself said it would be wise to multiply that number by 5 or 10.

The problem here is that the flu is combining with what I’ve been talking about for years: A collapsed country, an authoritarian government that chose denial as a form of ruling and DOES nothing.
The authorities are completely absent, doing nothing at all.
The results are fatal and it’s down right scary.
What scares me the most is that I don’t see people wearing face masks, and they are all visibly sick, coughing and spiting around.
The problem isn’t the poverty, the overall poverty sure doesn’t help but the worst part is the denial of the problem.
They don’t even want to declare the national health emergency, not until the elections. Supposedly it would be viewed as a sign of weakness and poor administration and it would cost the ruling party votes. So they deny, deny, deny.
My kid isn’t going to school anymore, 3 weeks now, and it just keeps getting worse.
He got sick, so did I, we both had pneumonia but are doing better now.

FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Ferfal,

Has anyone died at the meat packing plant?

If so it might be significant in that there has been a more viral change to the Flu.

What sort of death ratio are do you figure your country is at right now?

Has the death or attack rate increased suddenly?

Be careful and get well. Is there anything we can help w/?
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I bet it will too. It is going to go away with a whimper just like the last pig flu outbreak.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Crap.
Malbran Hospital director: “Over 200 dead, and over 10.000 sick”
Check the link I posted before to compare the numbers just a couple days ago.
Most of them are young, healthy people.
No face masks being distributed, no nothing, and tomorrow everyone will go to vote.

Quoted:
Ferfal,

If so it might be significant in that there has been a more viral change to the Flu.

No idea, they didn't say anything about that.
Thanks man, we're ok. But thanks for the help offer.
We're not goign to vote, we'll stay home as much as possible. The worst thing is that winter just started.

FerFAL
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet it will too. It is going to go away with a whimper just like the last pig flu outbreak.

Maybe it will maybe it will not.  COCOMS in the Navy are still worried about it.  Big fear is that it may come roaring back with a vengeance.  I have heard from more than one expert who has the same concern.  If they are worried it might tell us something.  Now I know dying of the swine flu isn't as glorious as fighting off hordes trying to take your rice packed in a bucket.  Or walking around the house looking like a GI.  Or using your BOV to head to a BOL to your EMP hardened cabin with 10,000 rounds and 6 years of mylar packed food and watching the world come crashing down.
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Crap.
Malbran Hospital director: “Over 200 dead, and over 10.000 sick”
Check the link I posted before to compare the numbers just a couple days ago.
Most of them are young, healthy people.
No face masks being distributed, no nothing, and tomorrow everyone will go to vote.

Quoted:
Ferfal,

No idea, they didn't say anything about that.
Thanks man, we're ok. But thanks for the help offer.
We're not goign to vote, we'll stay home as much as possible. The worst thing is that winter just started.

FerFAL

Thanks FerFAL,

You have a unique and valuable position in a place in the world where TSIHTF and have the skills and mindset to accurately report what is happening.

Please keep the reports coming, many of us value the info highly.

Here in the US, the CDC is apparently withholding info too and it's difficult to get an accurate assessment what's going on.

Not as bad as there though, thankfully.

Link Posted: 6/27/2009 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#15]
My 11 year old daughter has come down with a flu-like illness, at least it fits the flu symptoms very well. non-productive cough, sore throat, muscle
aches, high fever for the last two days. Her doctor prescribed Tamiflu, because she has had some asthma symptoms in the past.
The 'quick' H1N1 test came back negative, but the false negative rate on those things is very large (like more than 50% I think).
My mother, who is a pediatrician,with forty years experience in running the  public health department in our town, believes it
is H1N1, based on what she has seen elsewhere in the epidemic that is going on.  We're hoping the fever will break by tomorrow,
from what I have read there is usually 2-3 days of fever with this illness.  

We had a 'prep' moment when  get the prescription filled, only to find the local
pharmacy did not have Tamiflu in stock. While they called around to try to find a pharmacy that had it in stock (and it was getting close to 9 PM
at that point), my wife called and said she was going to give the first dose from the Tamiflu that we had in the freezer. I had
ordered it from an overseas pharmacy earlier in the year.  Luckily I found that the pharmacy in the next town had the
drug in stock, and an hour later had returned with the new prescription filled. I did not really want to use the stuff we
got from overseas, given that there is some level of doubt as to it's quality. But at the moment when it seemed like we would
not be able to get the prescription filled, it was comforting to know that we had at least one other immediate option besides
waiting to find a drugstore with it in stock.

I wish that school had let out two weeks ago instead of last week, it was kind of a race against time. We thought of pulling the kids
out early, but that is a hard decision to make when the situation is not clear cut.  We have the supplies to stay isolated for
several months if needed, but it wouldn't be fun for anyone. We're keeping alert for what happens in the fall. I do dearly hope that
whatever is happening in Argentina is not a sign of things to come in the Northern Hemisphere later this year.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top