Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:44:48 PM EDT
I know that the Bear Grylls stuff has a lot of crap and seems to be for entertainment purposes.  How much of what is in Survivorman is actually good info?
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Hoods Woods for good survival info and videos. Survivorman has a few interesting facts, but makes mistakes on his shows - whether for the sake of making a point, or just because he's a dumbass, I don't know and don't care. Survival is serious business. Learn from the best. Check out Tom Brown also. If you haven't read 'The Tracker' yet, you're missing out. Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have Survivorman's DVD.  It's good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the Survivorman DVDs and I like them. I put them in when I'm heading out on a long drive or something so I can watch the entire episode. I like his show better than Bear's for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I've liked the show enough to record the episodes onto DVD-R. Much cheaper than buying the set from Discovery.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife got me the set and I do like watching it. I would buy them again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Survivorman season one ion DVD is at Walmart for $15 FRN's.  Look in the TV show section.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on Survivorman. Hoods Woods are good too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Survivorman season one ion DVD is at Walmart for $15 FRN's.  Look in the TV show section.

I called 3 or 4 Walmarts in my area and 3 or 4 Blockbusters but couldn't find any to buy.  I finally bittorent it...
Link Posted: 9/8/2007 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It's worth it as a show to watch, that also gives good info.  Don't confuse the show for a survival tutorial though.  He does stuff a lot better than Man Vs Wild, but it's still a show for entertainment with a little education.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top