Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd forgotten about this thread!

Awesome to see it back up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CTRob65:

I walk barefoot in the chicken coop all the time. If I step in something that I shouldn't have I just wipe it on the grass when I step out.

Below photo is from June 1012 before the chickens ate all the grass and before the roof went on the run.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=56467
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Loco:
Originally Posted By boerseun:
Originally Posted By ilike9s:
Hey did every body forget about this thread or what?

Some of our preps. Kids to do the work and pork for making more pork and bacon...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii184/maarten221/Ventersburg/null_zpse31281ba.jpg

ETA Image

Bare feet in the pig pen?

I walk barefoot in the chicken coop all the time. If I step in something that I shouldn't have I just wipe it on the grass when I step out.

Below photo is from June 1012 before the chickens ate all the grass and before the roof went on the run.

Just wanted to say you've got an amazing lawn!! I WISH I could get my grass so turf-like and green!!  Same with your coop and garden...so nice looking, neat/clean, organized!! I can tell a LOT of time, effort and planning went into that which I can appreciate.

I keep bringing up a chicken coop to my wife, to replace the rabbit hutches that came with our home that we don't use, but she grumbles about it.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome thread here. Lots of motivation to improve on my own supplies.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:46:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cacinok] [#4]
Bump for good info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

Just wanted to say you've got an amazing lawn!! I WISH I could get my grass so turf-like and green!!  Same with your coop and garden...so nice looking, neat/clean, organized!! I can tell a LOT of time, effort and planning went into that which I can appreciate.

I keep bringing up a chicken coop to my wife, to replace the rabbit hutches that came with our home that we don't use, but she grumbles about it.  

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
Originally Posted By Loco:
Originally Posted By boerseun:
Originally Posted By ilike9s:
Hey did every body forget about this thread or what?

Some of our preps. Kids to do the work and pork for making more pork and bacon...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii184/maarten221/Ventersburg/null_zpse31281ba.jpg

ETA Image

Bare feet in the pig pen?

-Emt1581

I would have that grass nice and brown and missing huge spots in a month, six weeks tops.  

Great looking setup!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:24:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kelty] [#6]
Originally Posted By maypo59:

We ordered online through a Shelf Reliance consultant/host/distributor.

Like them a lot, they are super adjustable to fit any LENGTH can, and there are 3 sizes of track for can circumference.. small, medium and large. Larges are for #10's.. I didn't get any of those. I had a couple extra "mediums" and had to order a few extra smalls, for my particular can population..

These are both "Harvest 72's" ordered with 5 small and 1 medium track sets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By maypo59:
Originally Posted By Just1ce:

Very nice. How do you like the Shelf reliance racks? I have been thinking about getting one myself. Did you get yours direct from Shelf reliance or through another outlet?

And I agree on the tin-foil statement. What little bit of food we are able to store away is small potatoes to the DHS, FEMA, etc.

We ordered online through a Shelf Reliance consultant/host/distributor.

Like them a lot, they are super adjustable to fit any LENGTH can, and there are 3 sizes of track for can circumference.. small, medium and large. Larges are for #10's.. I didn't get any of those. I had a couple extra "mediums" and had to order a few extra smalls, for my particular can population..

These are both "Harvest 72's" ordered with 5 small and 1 medium track sets.

Do you have any detailed pictures of the dolly you have under that Shelf-Reliance rack?

I've been thinking of building one myself but am certainly not as handy as you appear to be. If yours works well I'd just as soon copy it.

Without a dolly those racks are impossible to move while full.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kelty:

Do you have any detailed pictures of the dolly you have under that Shelf-Reliance rack?

I've been thinking of building one myself but am certainly not as handy as you appear to be. If yours works well I'd just as soon copy it.

Without a dolly those racks are impossible to move while full.
View Quote

It's just a basic plinth box, sized 1/2 in. bigger than the shelf footprint, used "100lb" casters, 2x4's. Doubled up on the ends to give good support to the casters.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump for a great thread
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey do you have more pictures of where and how you mounted the casters?

thanks,
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]
bumpity bump bump
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]
A wall rack I made for a family member with a very narrow storage space:

Normal self-rotating can rack, home made to fit a specific (lower) kitchen cabinet:

Roll-around mount for a vent-free propane heater. Handy extra heat source during ice storm power outages:

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:26:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quake] [#12]
The pantry, a climate-controlled room built into one corner of our shop building:

Temp-control to activate & deactivate air-conditioning in the pantry. Black power wire runs from always-on outlet up to adjustable temperature switch (from an attic fan) and back down to temp-switch-controlled outlet below. Keeps the A/C unit fan from running when the compressor isn't, an annoyance of many window-unit air conditioners nowadays:

Lighters, matches, etc. Tha'ts a battery-operated CO detector in the ziploc bag; have to be vigilant with those, as they have a limited shelf life even if unused:

Batteries, mostly non-rechargeables:
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Home made campfire pot hanger. (Everybody has a blacksmith's forge, right...?

Power box. Lives mostly in a box trailer, charged by solar panels on the trailer roof. Three 12-volt power outlets and Strion rechargeable flashlight permanently mounted on one side, and velcro tabs on the top to allow mounting & dismounting of 12VDC items (usually lights) on top:

Inside, two 18ah batteries and charge controller. The plug on the left is where the solar panels (or other charging source) is plugged into the box:
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#14]
lol
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RONINBUDO:
lol
View Quote

What is so funny?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#16]

It's back from near-death.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By quake:
A wall rack I made for a family member with a very narrow storage space:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/quake316/preps/Wallrack-detail.jpg

Normal self-rotating can rack, home made to fit a specific (lower) kitchen cabinet:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/quake316/preps/canrackcropped-1.jpg

Roll-around mount for a vent-free propane heater. Handy extra heat source during ice storm power outages:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/quake316/preps/Photo0356.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/quake316/preps/Photo0357.jpg
View Quote

Any chance of getting some drawings or measurements of those can racks?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duggan] [#18]
Not mine ... but some inspiration I recently found when looking for pantry ideas:

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Duggan:

Not mine ... but some inspiration I recently found when looking for pantry ideas:

http://images-91.har.com/e1/mediadisplay/91/hr2904091-9.jpg

View Quote
That looks just like a pantry in the ronald mcdonald house across from the childrens hospital . it isnt but its close .  The have 10 or more families there all the time and have a stocked pantry like that from donations .

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hawk_308:
That looks just like a pantry in the ronald mcdonald house across from the childrens hospital . it isnt but its close .  The have 10 or more families there all the time and have a stocked pantry like that from donations .

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hawk_308:
Originally Posted By Duggan:

http://images-91.har.com/e1/mediadisplay/91/hr2904091-9.jpg

It appears to be from a $1.5M single family home in Spring Valley, TX
http://www.har.com/site/8700-cedarspur-dr_SITE83293154.htm
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to see this thread live on.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice to see this one back.

Sad that all the picture links are hammered!
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Good to see this one back.  Hopefully we'll see some new pictures.  Mine aren't picture worthy yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#24]
BUMP
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#25]
A year later, and mine still aren't worthy of a picture.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 10:05:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G0VT_MULE] [#26]
Mine, posted with pride!
The MULE

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, 2 years without a post
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]
14 year old thread.  Being it back to life!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm hoping with Covid there are alot if new preppers compared to 14 years ago who will be willing to share
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting seeing this old thread. I was drawn to the old Arf survival,forums before I joined. I read a lot and posted in the SF when Protus was learning to,spell, TJ posted more. Even the Mountain House group buys. Good days back then.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I remember this thread..
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maypo59] [#32]
yeah it was a good one.. but I think, among other things.. the photobucket debacle killed it.

But since it is a picture thread.. here is a couple.. LOL

Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Desert_AIP] [#33]
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By zoe17:
Interesting seeing this old thread. I was drawn to the old Arf survival,forums before I joined. I read a lot and posted in the SF when Protus was learning to,spell, TJ posted more. Even the Mountain House group buys. Good days back then.
View Quote

That's why I originally joined....
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm actually glad photobucket ate all the pics I posted back then.  Rice and beans are one thing, but some of the other stuff ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:12:35 AM EDT
[#36]
BUMP
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#37]
bump
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#38]

@Desert_AIP you good sir are ready!
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:59:27 PM EDT
[#39]
There is a lot of great ideas in here..and to be honest there is a few sketchy ones. Never the less i'm always open to new ideas on prepping and supply storage. Great work group.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I love this thread!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Chris1836:
I love this thread!
View Quote

I remember when this thread was epic. Before photobucket bunged it all up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#42]
 I've been smiling like this ever since this thread popped back up.  I had forgotten most of it.  It really does help someone like me who doesn't know a whole heck of a lot about this to see pics.
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Pictures of your preps (Page 19 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top