Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2016 12:16:21 PM EDT
I have been pretty busy and have been neglecting fishing for far too long. I had gotten a private message from a friend saying that he was up in my neck of the woods and wanted to go fish. I decided that we should hit the river on Monday as it was Mother’s Day weekend. Luck being what it is, Monday came and there was a wind advisory. As bad as that sucks, I wasn’t going to let it ruin the trip for me.

We got to the river fairly early and went to it. It didn’t take long to bring the first brown to hand.

After a few fish, we decided to take a look at some other spots, the day was pretty productive. Although at the end of the day there was a nice PMD hatch with risers everywhere. Greg did not have any PMDs and I only had two that happened to be a lot smaller than the naturals. Needless to say I could not fool any fish other than a few refusals. No matter, we each caught fish and had a great time.

Here are some more pics from the day:

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Good god I don't live where I want to live.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice,looks like good chukar country too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, yeah that place is some cool country. The good and bad thing is how close it is to Boise. Good because I don't have to drive far. Bad because others don't have to drive far. Oh and yes it is also great chukar country.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Real nice. Beautiful country
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like pretty good fishing.  We've got nothing like that here, but it isn't all bad.  I hit the Housatonic today in NW CT and did very well.  It's got country roads running along the banks for the most part, a covered bridge.  Freestone river, 100yds wide in a lot of places.  It's usually brown, so you can use 3-4x tippets, but wading is a bitch because the bottom is mostly invisible.  Rocks vary between bowling balls and coffee table sized, polished and greased.  There are only a handful of spots where you can get from one bank to the other without getting over your head.  It's often entirely un-wadable.

Landed maybe a dozen 12-14" fish in an hour on nymphs fishing pockets and guts.  Finished the day out with a 20" rainbow (stocked fairly recently).  She wasn't a pro, but ran off some line twice and gave me 7 awesome leaps, so I certainly can't complain.  Biggest fish I've had in 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I miss idaho
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks guys, yeah that place is some cool country. The good and bad thing is how close it is to Boise. Good because I don't have to drive far. Bad because others don't have to drive far. Oh and yes it is also great chukar country.
View Quote
Where are these pictures taken? You don't have to divulge but I think I have a pretty good idea.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top