Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2016 12:03:54 AM EDT
This is my second year chucking bugs from the jetty in search of rockbass, perch, cabezon, and lingcod. Have had good success catching the bass after dark, and it's been a pretty decent season so far also for lingcod. Those things are FUN! Like fighting an angry bowling ball- they'll rip line off your reel as they head for the bottom.
I have a couple of 9' 8wts; one loaded with Wulff Ambush, and the other with a Rio Outbound Short Intermediate (with 10' sinking Versileaders on each). Black Zonkers and Big Clousers seem to be the ticket for the lings. Definitely a sporty foe on the flyrod.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Do they fight?  
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Believe it or not Ling Cod was one of the top fish on my bucket list. My wife sent me on a guided trip specifically targeting Ling Cod on the fly. I have fly fished around the world and that trip is one of my most memorable.

Ling Cod on the fly should be on every bucket list! Your taste buds will thank you!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
My taste buds have a special relationship with ling cod.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do they fight?  
View Quote
They fight almost as great as they taste!

They dive for the bottom, so they can be a fun tug-o-war.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top